U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2011, 12:47 AM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,054 posts, read 5,031,003 times
Reputation: 1377

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
A particular event, upbringing, location, outlook, family member, or perception? This is "freestyle", so be as descriptive as possible. I've heard the stances, I just want to know more of the "why" about you.

Being told to train 1 on a job, my job!!! Which the illegal was here for 2 years on an expired work visa. Kinda increased my dislike for companies that move production to another country, then want to sell that product here. i SAY LET IT ROT ON THE SHELF, PARKING LOT, IN THE FOOD COOLERS IN STORES, whereever it is, don't buy it if it was made here before by that company. If it used to be made here, and now it's not, then it doesn't need to be bought.
But thsat was when i was 21. I'm 48 now, and my dislike has only gotten more in tune with the number of invaders that do not deserve our hospitality. I give them none. Steal from me, and my country, then i have no use for you. Ilegals are stealing from us, driving our wages down, how can any sane person want that unless they are making money on the deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Being told to train 1 on a job, my job!!! Which the illegal was here for 2 years on an expired work visa. Kinda increased my dislike for companies that move production to another country, then want to sell that product here. i SAY LET IT ROT ON THE SHELF, PARKING LOT, IN THE FOOD COOLERS IN STORES, whereever it is, don't buy it if it was made here before by that company. If it used to be made here, and now it's not, then it doesn't need to be bought.
But thsat was when i was 21. I'm 48 now, and my dislike has only gotten more in tune with the number of invaders that do not deserve our hospitality. I give them none. Steal from me, and my country, then i have no use for you. Ilegals are stealing from us, driving our wages down, how can any sane person want that unless they are making money on the deal?
And there are those who are just bleeding hearts with misplaced compassion and those who have an ethnocentric stake in this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2011, 07:30 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
Wasn't the question what the impetus was for our take on illegal immigration? I gave you my take and I beg to differ with you. Illegal aliens did change that for me. I find it kind of funny that you think I had a "carefree lifestyle" when I was describing my childhood. We grew up poor, I was the oldest of 5 kids and we moved 32 times by the time I was 17. I was responsible for taking care of my siblings while both my parents worked. Having said that, I would love for this country to return to what it was, but I know you can never return home. I was attempting to paint a picture that we do have an American culture in this country which I feel has been slowly but surely been taken away. But you are entitled to your beliefs. I am curious by your comment, "It will be a different game to get on top from here..." What, pray tell, does that mean?
I'd like to see an answer to that one myself but won't hold my breath for an answer that makes sense anyway. You are absolutely right, this country is becoming more Hispanic due to illegal immigration and nothing else. The sympathizers think we should just roll over and accept this unnatural demographic change to our country. Over my dead body!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'd like to see an answer to that one myself but won't hold my breath for an answer that makes sense anyway. You are absolutely right, this country is becoming more Hispanic due to illegal immigration and nothing else. The sympathizers think we should just roll over and accept this unnatural demographic change to our country. Over my dead body!
After what happened to my son and his fiance at the San Francisco airport on Tuesday I am even MORE against ANY type of amnesty or coddling of illegal immigrants. My son and his fiance had a flight change over in San Francisco, bound for LAX. They were arriving home from the UK. She is British. The immigration officers pulled this 19 year old girl, without any type of criminal record, and held her for THREE HOURS, while they searched everything she had and intimidated the hell out of her! They kept her apart from my son and wouldn't even allow them to phone me, which is why their flight in to Los Angeles was so late. My brother and I were waiting in a rising panic for TWO hours with no word of what had happened. The problem? There was a minor mistake on her ESTA form, which anyone flying to the USA from the UK and other countries must file electronically before flying. Before flying they were informed that the current ESTA they had on file was still good for another 30 days, so technically, the fault was not my son's fiance's, but the government's electronic system. The two agents who tormented and scared the crap out of her and threatened to put her on a plane headed back to the UK, were Chinese. Then, two Mexican agents, LEGAL citizens, put an end to it and sent them on their way to Los Angeles. I gotta give these two guys credit for stepping in and treating my son and his fiance with kindness, getting them something to drink and sending them to me in L.A.

Yet these marauding ILLEGALS keep calming WALKING over our borders every damn day and night without being accosted and threatened like this! Its friggin disgusting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 10:22 AM
 
254 posts, read 520,406 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
After what happened to my son and his fiance at the San Francisco airport on Tuesday I am even MORE against ANY type of amnesty or coddling of illegal immigrants. My son and his fiance had a flight change over in San Francisco, bound for LAX. They were arriving home from the UK. She is British. The immigration officers pulled this 19 year old girl, without any type of criminal record, and held her for THREE HOURS, while they searched everything she had and intimidated the hell out of her! They kept her apart from my son and wouldn't even allow them to phone me, which is why their flight in to Los Angeles was so late. My brother and I were waiting in a rising panic for TWO hours with no word of what had happened. The problem? There was a minor mistake on her ESTA form, which anyone flying to the USA from the UK and other countries must file electronically before flying. Before flying they were informed that the current ESTA they had on file was still good for another 30 days, so technically, the fault was not my son's fiance's, but the government's electronic system. The two agents who tormented and scared the crap out of her and threatened to put her on a plane headed back to the UK, were Chinese. Then, two Mexican agents, LEGAL citizens, put an end to it and sent them on their way to Los Angeles. I gotta give these two guys credit for stepping in and treating my son and his fiance with kindness, getting them something to drink and sending them to me in L.A.

Yet these marauding ILLEGALS keep calming WALKING over our borders every damn day and night without being accosted and threatened like this! Its friggin disgusting!
Huh?

I think airport security has more to do with terrorist threats than with illegal immigration...

On the other hand I'm sure illegals suffer much more walking on the desert and dealing with smugglers, than spending 2 hours in a TSA office... I'm not saying that makes it right.... I just don't understand how your airport problem has turned you even more against illegal immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Huh?

I think airport security has more to do with terrorist threats than with illegal immigration...

On the other hand I'm sure illegals suffer much more walking on the desert and dealing with smugglers, than spending 2 hours in a TSA office... I'm not saying that makes it right.... I just don't understand how your airport problem has turned you even more against illegal immigration
The fact is that someone entering here LEGALLY was pulled in for three hours of questioning, who, I might re-emphasize, has NO criminal record, NO connection to any type of terrorist organization and is a 19 year old young woman who doesn't drink or use drugs. Yet an ILLEGAL enters here and nobody even bothers to stop them at the border in most cases, and many of them ARE criminals. For your information, TSA does indeed keep a watch for those trying to enter illegally. That is part of their job.

I don't give a s**t about how much these illegals "duffer" while crossing the desert. They make the choice to do this so they can enter ILLEGALLY instead of going through normal, legal immigration procedures, which would allow them to fly in or drive over the border. For the record, it takes most illegalls only a few hours to cross the border. The flight from the UK took 18 hours when change-overs are included. However, this one ended up being a 21 hour duration due to the situation.

I am annoyed that someone entering here LEGALLY was harrassed, threatened and scared over a mistake that was the fault of the government, while those who ignore our laws enter without any bother. I can't understand why YOU can't see or understand the problem here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
 
254 posts, read 520,406 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
The fact is that someone entering here LEGALLY was pulled in for three hours of questioning, who, I might re-emphasize, has NO criminal record, NO connection to any type of terrorist organization and is a 19 year old young woman who doesn't drink or use drugs. Yet an ILLEGAL enters here and nobody even bothers to stop them at the border in most cases, and many of them ARE criminals. For your information, TSA does indeed keep a watch for those trying to enter illegally. That is part of their job.

I don't give a s**t about how much these illegals "duffer" while crossing the desert. They make the choice to do this so they can enter ILLEGALLY instead of going through normal, legal immigration procedures, which would allow them to fly in or drive over the border. For the record, it takes most illegalls only a few hours to cross the border. The flight from the UK took 18 hours when change-overs are included. However, this one ended up being a 21 hour duration due to the situation.

I am annoyed that someone entering here LEGALLY was harrassed, threatened and scared over a mistake that was the fault of the government, while those who ignore our laws enter without any bother. I can't understand why YOU can't see or understand the problem here.
Can YOU help ME understand then?

How does annoying procedures that started after terrorists attacks have to do with illegal immigration? I would blame TSA or terrorists in this one, right?

I can understand how you are annoyed with illegal immigration, what I dont understand is why you feel more annoyed with it after an airport problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Can YOU help ME understand then?

How does annoying procedures that started after terrorists attacks have to do with illegal immigration? I would blame TSA or terrorists in this one, right?

I can understand how you are annoyed with illegal immigration, what I dont understand is why you feel more annoyed with it after an airport problem
Because this airport issue has not been around just since the terrorists attacks. This same thing was done to my current husband back in the year 2000 when he was flying in to Arizona from the UK. He was pulled in for nearly 4 hours of questioning when he landed at Minneapolis for his change-over flight. TSA does NOT just deal with terrorists, they also deal with IMMIGRATION issues to make sure people are entering the country LEGALLY, with either a Visa or a Visa Waiver. Its a matter of Immigration being so damned worried that a white, European MIGHT be entering the country illegally that they pull them in for this sort of treatment, but those who actually ARE entering illegally are IGNORED! They were worried that she was entering ILLEGALLY, not that she was a possible terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Reputation: 1570
From TSA site...

TSA: Immigration Enforcement Agent (http://www.tsa.gov/join/benefits/soar/ice/iea.shtm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 12:04 PM
 
254 posts, read 520,406 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Because this airport issue has not been around just since the terrorists attacks. This same thing was done to my current husband back in the year 2000 when he was flying in to Arizona from the UK. He was pulled in for nearly 4 hours of questioning when he landed at Minneapolis for his change-over flight. TSA does NOT just deal with terrorists, they also deal with IMMIGRATION issues to make sure people are entering the country LEGALLY, with either a Visa or a Visa Waiver. Its a matter of Immigration being so damned worried that a white, European MIGHT be entering the country illegally that they pull them in for this sort of treatment, but those who actually ARE entering illegally are IGNORED! They were worried that she was entering ILLEGALLY, not that she was a possible terrorist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
From TSA site...

TSA: Immigration Enforcement Agent (http://www.tsa.gov/join/benefits/soar/ice/iea.shtm - broken link)
I'm aware of this, I'm just stating that the security checkpoints got harsher after the terrorist attacks.. so your point is that if they are white and european they have no reason to enter this country illegally.

So let me see, are you saying that is easier to cross illegally than legally? That is what bothers you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top