Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
So you would agree to a law that restricts a certain ethnic group from having X amount of children?
I was responding to your "racist tones" comment.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM

254 posts, read 590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Perhaps these "Mexicans" he is referring are illegal aliens in our country and not citizens. Did that ever occur to you?
She said, kick the illegals, restrict the amount of children... if you kicked the illegals out, how can you restrict it on that group that you just kicked out? Did that ever occur to you?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I was responding to your "racist tones" comment.
Well that is the whole point, the racist tone in here is not saying that most illegals are mexican... that is a fact... but stating that there should be a restriction on the amount of children Mexicans have is a different thing.

Now, would you agree to a law that restricts Mexicans from having X amount of children?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:57 PM

50,283 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Well that is the whole point, the racist tone in here is not saying that most illegals are mexican... that is a fact... but stating that there should be a restriction on the amount of children Mexicans have is a different thing.

Now, would you agree to a law that restricts Mexicans from having X amount of children?
I would agree to a law that limits the number of children WE pay for through social services for illegals.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:

If you are talking about the illegals, sure and add El Salvadorians, Brazilians, Guatemalans and all sets of illegal aliens that come here too. It's not like they respect our laws anyway....so it wouldn't matter!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Perhaps these "Mexicans" he is referring are illegal aliens in our country and not citizens. Did that ever occur to you?
And even in the case of illegals, how can you defend a point that restricts certain group from having children? I can understand a debate in which children of illegals should not be citizens... but reproduction restrictions... wth

Old 05-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
If you are talking about the illegals, sure and add El Salvadorians, Brazilians, Guatemalans and all sets of illegal aliens that come here too. It's not like they respect our laws anyway....so it wouldn't matter!
So should illegals have no rights at all? I mean I'm not talking about benefits they might get through the US government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I would agree to a law that limits the number of children WE pay for through social services for illegals.
I mean I can see how a drain in the taxpayers money to the illegal immigration problem is an issue as stated by 1AngryTaxPayer... but I think there is an abismal difference between these two ideas.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
So should illegals have no rights at all? I mean I'm not talking about benefits they might get through the US government.
They have rights. In their own country.

The only right they should have here is the right to leave and never come back.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
And even in the case of illegals, how can you defend a point that restricts certain group from having children? I can understand a debate in which children of illegals should not be citizens... but reproduction restrictions... wth
I am watching NBC now. This segment about the floods in Memphis came on and the reporter went on to show this Hispanic / Latino lady who is staying at a shelter and she's pregnant with her 4th kid. That's right FOURTH kid. She doesn't seem to be over 25 years old. Oh and she spoke Spanish.

FOURTH KID.

AT A SHELTER!

I really want to believe she is here legally but from what I have seen so far, I'd be stupid not to think otherwise.

It is racist when we say, Latino women have more children than White American women?

When I lived in Brazil it was not uncommon to see women who had 4, 5 children and had no way of supporting them.

That also happens up here....but the difference is that the American taxpayer is the one footing the bill.

I wouldn't mind as much if it were a family of LEGAL residents or AMERICANS...but when it comes to illegals, sorry...I just can't sympathize.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:42 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:

What I would do is limit the welfare benefits to a family regardless of the number of children that are in it. Another thing would be to limit the number of dependants that a family could claim on their income tax returns. Say, three dependants would be the max one could claim. Those who breed irresponsibly regardless of their ethnicity would think twice about popping out babies like no tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration