U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,189,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Well that is the whole point, the racist tone in here is not saying that most illegals are mexican... that is a fact... but stating that there should be a restriction on the amount of children Mexicans have is a different thing.

Now, would you agree to a law that restricts Mexicans from having X amount of children?
If they are citizens wouldn't that make them Americans and not Mexicans?

Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,705,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post

The only solution is a border fence/kick out illegals/add amendment to the Constitution that "if you are illegal your child is not automaticly a citizen" and then stop sanctuary cities and then and only then issue working papers in that order.

Problem solved
Sounds good to me, but it's not "solved" until someone goes public with these ideas and puts them into motion instead of posting them on an Internet forum.

Not saying you shouldn't have posted it here, but so many of us are incensed about this issue -- what is being done in an active sense?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,669,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Sounds good to me, but it's not "solved" until someone goes public with these ideas and puts them into motion instead of posting them on an Internet forum.

Not saying you shouldn't have posted it here, but so many of us are incensed about this issue -- what is being done in an active sense?
What else do you want us to do besides calling our congressmen, e-mailing them, sending them faxes, voting...?

On top of that I am going to school for Political Science in order to get even more involved in Politics.

I don't know what else to do.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:06 PM

254 posts, read 522,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If they are citizens wouldn't that make them Americans and not Mexicans?
Do you want me to re-re post the original comment from where my questions started, here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzona View Post
How about we do this. Build the 1,000 + mile border fence, take our troops out of the middleast and put them on the border, kick out every illegal immigrant, and have a limit to the amount of children a mexican family can have.

Sorry kerrymac I didn't even realize my post is very similar to yours.
Please, read it and tell me if this person is refering to "mexican family" as a family of illegal immigrants or us-citizens? If illegals are kicked out then, the "mexican family" refers to a family of us-citizens with Mexican origins... unless the claim is that the US should go into Mexico and restrict reproduction there (which would be even crazier)

Now regardless if the "mexican family" being discussed here is made up of us-citizens or illegal immigrants... would it really matter? Do you still agree that there should be reproduction restrictions?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I am watching NBC now. This segment about the floods in Memphis came on and the reporter went on to show this Hispanic / Latino lady who is staying at a shelter and she's pregnant with her 4th kid. That's right FOURTH kid. She doesn't seem to be over 25 years old. Oh and she spoke Spanish.

FOURTH KID.

AT A SHELTER!

I really want to believe she is here legally but from what I have seen so far, I'd be stupid not to think otherwise.

It is racist when we say, Latino women have more children than White American women?

When I lived in Brazil it was not uncommon to see women who had 4, 5 children and had no way of supporting them.

That also happens up here....but the difference is that the American taxpayer is the one footing the bill.

I wouldn't mind as much if it were a family of LEGAL residents or AMERICANS...but when it comes to illegals, sorry...I just can't sympathize.
I think is racist to think that an ethnic group should have reproduction restrictions.

I'm not sure about this, but aren't you also pregnant and young?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:10 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,251,392 times
Quote:
Do you want me to re-re post the original comment from where my questions started, here it is:

Please, read it and tell me if this person is refering to "mexican family" as a family of illegal immigrants or us-citizens? If illegals are kicked out then, the "mexican family" refers to a family of us-citizens with Mexican origins... unless the claim is that the US should go into Mexico and restrict reproduction there (which would be even crazier)

Now regardless if the "mexican family" being discussed here is made up of us-citizens or illegal immigrants... would it really matter? Do you still agree that there should be reproduction restrictions?
Of course it matters.

Illegals should not be reproducing at insane rates while burdening taxpayers with their children.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,669,543 times
Quote:
I think is racist to think that an ethnic group should have reproduction restrictions.

I'm not sure about this, but aren't you also pregnant and young?
I am pregnant and I am 26...and it's my first child. And I work and go to school.

So?

Oh and I am American and don't plan on having another child until after I graduate ( if I decide to have another one, that is ).

And I am not ashamed to say I receive WIC and my boyfriend applied for Food Stamps because he lost his construction job and we can barely make ends meet right now.

I am a taxpayer, has been one ever since I got my first job almost 10 years ago. We both have also served this country. We both made great money until a few months ago yet now we are in the middle of a financial storm.

I am using benefits that American taxpayers like myself have paid into. I don't feel entitled to it, sometimes it makes me feel like trash but I have contributed, I have paid my share.

Now when it comes to our illegal aliens, the mindset is totally the opposite.

Shouldn't I feel entitled to it because after all I am a citizen and I have a huge chunk of my small paycheck taken out every 2 weeks?

Well, I don't.

Shouldn't they be thankful that American taxpayer are giving them a free ride ( against their will but still )?

Well, they aren't.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,189,169 times
Quote:

My remark was directed at "you" calling them Mexicans yourself. So I said if they are citizens they would be Americans and not Mexicans then.

I already posted what I thought should be done and it didn't restrict the size of families for any ethnic group but would be an incentive not to have large families one can't feed.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Of course it matters.

Illegals should not be reproducing at insane rates while burdening taxpayers with their children.
Ok, so you say that illegal immigrants should not be allowed to have children, or restricted to the amount of children they have?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:14 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,705,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
What else do you want us to do besides calling our congressmen, e-mailing them, sending them faxes, voting...?

On top of that I am going to school for Political Science in order to get even more involved in Politics.

I don't know what else to do.
That all sounds good!

However, to expand on the voting-thing, how I wish they would put this issue on the ballot of every state in the nation, take a national vote. Then We the People would have our say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or