U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your so so so right. The politicians represent themselves, and their ideology, they way of thinking, their way of grasping, even when it is wrong and against what most voters would agree with. They represent themselves, they are their own special interest group.
It's sad

What happens to being a Patriot and loving your country?

Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 PM

2,176 posts, read 862,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
I think is racist to think that an ethnic group should have reproduction restrictions.

I'm not sure about this, but aren't you also pregnant and young?
Im really trying not to be racist but I have to be honest. How many times have you seen a hispanic family with 1 child?? Im just estimating but what the average white family has 2 maybe 3 children, hispanics probably have atleast 3 maybe even 5. Its true and you know it, don't call it racist.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:12 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,201,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Sounds good to me, but it's not "solved" until someone goes public with these ideas and puts them into motion instead of posting them on an Internet forum.

Not saying you shouldn't have posted it here, but so many of us are incensed about this issue -- what is being done in an active sense?
I have written my congressman and called about this subject for yrs and I mean yrs and I get pretty much the same run around "Were trying" and "We in Washington understand what your saying" blah blah blah..
Problem is the Constitution needs to be change on this subject,If you are illegal and have a child in this country "CHILD IS NOT A CITIZEN" problems solved! I would wager 1/4 of the illegal problem would disappear in no time.
I find it disgusting that we have 11 or 12 million(I would bet the numbers are higher)people running around this country who dont belong here eating up our resources and jobs!! Disgusting!!!
All you people out there that defend these illegals over American citizens are equally sicking!
It amazes me that our govt. sides with people WHO ARE NOT CITIZENS over legal citizens..Insane!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I am pregnant and I am 26...and it's my first child. And I work and go to school.

So?

Oh and I am American and don't plan on having another child until after I graduate ( if I decide to have another one, that is ).

And I am not ashamed to say I receive WIC and my boyfriend applied for Food Stamps because he lost his construction job and we can barely make ends meet right now.

I am a taxpayer, has been one ever since I got my first job almost 10 years ago. We both have also served this country. We both made great money until a few months ago yet now we are in the middle of a financial storm.

I am using benefits that American taxpayers like myself have paid into. I don't feel entitled to it, sometimes it makes me feel like trash but I have contributed, I have paid my share.

Now when it comes to our illegal aliens, the mindset is totally the opposite.

Shouldn't I feel entitled to it because after all I am a citizen and I have a huge chunk of my small paycheck taken out every 2 weeks?

Well, I don't.

Shouldn't they be thankful that American taxpayer are giving them a free ride ( against their will but still )?

Well, they aren't.
Exactly...
Armychick you are entitled and don't feel bad.
You are a citizen of this country and deserve everything you are getting right now.

One of the major "beefs" I have with illegals and the govt. that allows this crap to go on is...monies that should be going to American citizens is being eaten up be illegals and if you don't think illegals are getting govt. assistance in terms of welfare and food stamps then you really are a moron.
Also whats with legal American citizens of latino desent defending and wanting amnesty of other latinos??? Are you Americans?
Again its sickening that our govt and people on this forum defend ILLEGALS over there own American citizens.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
And even in the case of illegals, how can you defend a point that restricts certain group from having children? I can understand a debate in which children of illegals should not be citizens... but reproduction restrictions... wth
They should restrict themselves. And most likely they would if coming here and getting food stamps, WIC, free housing, Medicaid, and a pass around the immigration laws weren't so very easy.

If they stay in their own country, it's not our problem how many kids they have that they can not support, it's their problem. They make it our problem by getting over the border to give birth and then live off welfare handouts the rest of their days.

The sad thing is, back in Mexico the people who make something of themselves and work to make their country a better place are having fewer children, it's the ones who come here who want the welfare life that are having the most.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Im really trying not to be racist but I have to be honest. How many times have you seen a hispanic family with 1 child?? Im just estimating but what the average white family has 2 maybe 3 children, hispanics probably have atleast 3 maybe even 5. Its true and you know it, don't call it racist.
I would guess that the American "hispanic" family with roots in the USA has about the same number of kids as other Americans.

Illegals tend to be poor because they don't bother with education and they have no skills to make it back home where they even know the language, but they've caught onto the fact that all it takes is to come here and have many children and the government will pay them and provide everything for them, they never need to worry about working for a living again.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:30 AM

254 posts, read 520,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
You should go back and read what i posted initally... Taking the post below, which is with what i started with, my understanding is that ckzona thinks is a good idea to deport and then impose limits on mexican families... Given that he is proposing deportation, the only think i can understand from this post is that mexican-american families should be restricted... That i do find racist, do you?

If mexicans have more children or not is another thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzona View Post
How about we do this. Build the 1,000 + mile border fence, take our troops out of the middleast and put them on the border, kick out every illegal immigrant, and have a limit to the amount of children a mexican family can have.

Sorry kerrymac I didn't even realize my post is very similar to yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or