U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 862,940 times
Reputation: 1287

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmce View Post
My favorite part of this argument is people all crying about "if you kick out the illegals you will split up families."

If you want to keep the family together send them ALL back to wherever the illegal came from.
I think i heard there was a protest about this in Chicago or something right? These families are dumb to say the least. They knew in the first place there relative was illegal, and knew if they got caught they were going to be deported. I feel no remorse for these families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2011, 11:04 PM
 
16,438 posts, read 18,513,116 times
Reputation: 9490
I listened carefully to his speach in El Paso and he's definitely pushing amnesty for illegals. He's a shameless political panderer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 06:33 AM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Reputation: 6949
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Hispanics are not a large voting segment anyway...their participation numbers are atrocious. This is a ploy to try to get votes. Obama cares more for non citizens than he does for the citizens of this country. If you love them so much Obama, then run for president in Mexico. I doubt they would even care about your birth certificate
Obama is doing this only because he knows that he needs their votes to be re-elected in 2012.

Also, he wants to turn this into a White vs Minority thing so he can use that to his advantage in seeking votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 07:01 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmce View Post
My favorite part of this argument is people all crying about "if you kick out the illegals you will split up families."

If you want to keep the family together send them ALL back to wherever the illegal came from.
Exactly. The only thing that stops the family from going back home with their loved one is the money and government handouts here. There is absolutely no reason the family cannot stick together back in the country they came from.

And it never matters that the illegal was eager to leave the family behind in the first place when coming here illegally. That's what all the remittance money is about, people sending money back home to family members they left behind.

A lot of families are reunited when their loved ones living here are deported, the deported illegals can reunite with their loved ones, they can see their children they haven't seen in years when they are deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 07:25 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,241,612 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Obama is doing this only because he knows that he needs their votes to be re-elected in 2012.

Also, he wants to turn this into a White vs Minority thing so he can use that to his advantage in seeking votes.
That's a stupid thing to do. If he didn't have the white vote he wouldn't have won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 07:41 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
That's a stupid thing to do. If he didn't have the white vote he wouldn't have won.
Interesting how Obama isn't kicking off his campaign talking to unemployed Americans of whatever race.

I suppose that wouldn't be expedient, he might see some unhappy faces going to Detroit and talking about those 5 millions jobs he promised but failed to find.

No - better to go to the border, go stand right on the border itself and promise the illegals a big amnesty and tell them soon they will be citizens and can start bringing over all their long lost relatives.

No matter that the town he went to has a high unemployment rate and a particularly high rate of welfare use. Obama is making this about one particular ethnic group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Illinois...for now
108 posts, read 134,271 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I think i heard there was a protest about this in Chicago or something right? These families are dumb to say the least. They knew in the first place there relative was illegal, and knew if they got caught they were going to be deported. I feel no remorse for these families.
There was. It was huge. I thought they should have just rounded them all up and sent them back to where they came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 10:11 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Interesting how Obama isn't kicking off his campaign talking to unemployed Americans of whatever race.

I suppose that wouldn't be expedient, he might see some unhappy faces going to Detroit and talking about those 5 millions jobs he promised but failed to find.

No - better to go to the border, go stand right on the border itself and promise the illegals a big amnesty and tell them soon they will be citizens and can start bringing over all their long lost relatives.

No matter that the town he went to has a high unemployment rate and a particularly high rate of welfare use. Obama is making this about one particular ethnic group.
Obama should put a sign up at the border "ENTER HERE" "Push 2 for Spanish."

Last edited by All American NYC; 05-11-2011 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Illinois...for now
108 posts, read 134,271 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Obama should put a sign up at the border "ENTER HERE" "Push 2 for Spanish."
But put the sign in English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Obama is doing this only because he knows that he needs their votes to be re-elected in 2012.

Also, he wants to turn this into a White vs Minority thing so he can use that to his advantage in seeking votes.
That would be a HUGE blunder. Illegal immigration isnít a white vs. minority issue, and he will only lose more votes, including black, if he tries. Make no mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top