U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 AM
 
71 posts, read 46,775 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I really don't care if people call me a racist when I voice my opinions on illegal immigration.

I want ALL ILLEGALS GONE. I don't care if they are Mexican, I don't care if they are Irish, or French or African or Chinese.
This country was founded by Europeans, and we should have an immigration policy that encourages European immigration, and not Third World immigration. There is very little that shoeless Africans or Mexicans can add to this country. We have more than enough cheap labor to last for generations, especially if the anchor babies are here to stay.

 
Old 05-12-2011, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,088 posts, read 7,311,669 times
Reputation: 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

I don't think that will fly any more than rail cars heading to the border will.

Like back in the 80's when Reagan pushed the most frequent "last" amnesty... once again we as a nation are about to pass yet another amnesty for the 10+Million undocumented already here. Most of them have some (degree of separation) Constitutional Protections to be here.

Pretending it isn't going to happen won't help a bit but this might be the best time to push for law that will correct or amend the overly broad language in the 14th responsible for these 10.8M exercising those rights and the immigration/visa laws.
You don't have to like whats happening to recognize it for what it is.
Outstanding point. I think they will received Amnesty as in 1986 because of the expense and concomitant poor image to the country that would result from a national roundup. I know a number, all hard workers and not social service receipients, and they have been waiting since 2008 for an Amnesty program so they can travel back and forth from host to native country to meet family. The only negative I can ascribe to their philosophy is that the bulk of their earnings is dispatched home to help out family in need. I mean a negative in that it is not invested into the U.S. in terms of bank savings or holding property at least not until they are able to legally start a business. Perhaps because of their age and experience, but they plan on opening small businesses with pooled money once legal status is issued.

Last edited by Felix C; 05-12-2011 at 07:48 AM..
 
Old 05-12-2011, 07:01 AM
 
Location: The Triad (NC)
26,831 posts, read 57,830,396 times
Reputation: 29215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
...so they can travel back and forth from host to native country to meet family. I mean a negative in that it is not invested into the U.S. in terms of bank savings or holding property...
This goes to the issue of "assimilation".

Most past generations of immigrants to the US and the current ones from other parts of the world who are following the VISA rules started the process with the intention of assimilating. And of course don't forget that most of these LEGAL immigrants have advanced degrees with technical competencies that the economy and industries and businesses of the US genuinely need.

This entire conversation is a slap in the face to them...
and everyone descended from past LEGAL immigrants by making these accommodations to criminals.

The Illegal's rarely have that attitude of even wanting to assimilate into the larger host culture.
Most are generally uneducated (even in their own language) manual labor who came here solely to work and survive and use the abundance they find here to support their families back home.

That's noble and all but it isn't a basis to give them citizenship.
For their sakes it's convenient that this isn't the reason amnesty is being considered (planned really).
We have only the now irrational generosity in one line of our Constitution to blame.

Quote:
...at least not until they are able to legally start a business. Perhaps because of their age and experience, but they plan on opening small businesses with pooled money once legal status is issued.
It's a double edged sword.
Assuming we don't have the cojones to do that round up and mass deportation... to have the international news services show pictures of uniformed Americans with weapons pushing a race of people into cattle cars for a trip they don't want to take...

If they have no "path to citizenship" there is little to complain about when they don't assimilate.
Offer them a path and they'll want to leverage that citizenship to bring even more of their family here.
(I know that I would too)

No one can know how that will eventually pan out.
We can sure guess at it though (just watch!).
---

The bottom line for me is in the adage about the guy stuck in a hole:
First, stop digging the damned hole any deeper.

That requires meaningful change in our visa/immigration laws and birthright citizenship policies...
to make them similar to how EVERY OTHER country in the world operates including Mexico.

The political practicality of getting that sort of change in the law going forward?
The best chance we'll ever have to make it happen is by being attached to the current amnesty plans.

Last edited by MrRational; 05-12-2011 at 07:22 AM..
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:11 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Have you seen the 2010 PAC filing details for ALIPAC?...

$272,965 taken in: Americans for Legal Immigration | OpenSecrets

$267,168 of that spent, including $182,529 on "Administrative" costs (Americans for Legal Immigration Expenditures | OpenSecrets

$82,182 as William Gheen's "salary", of the total $138,016 allocated for that...

Including a $5,700 "kickback" to the leading donor that has offered matching funds for William to use as a bargaining tool in his drives...

How much in actual candidate contributions comes out of that?...

Not much "DOING", except for building his retirement...

ALIPAC is only a self-sustaining organization for the benefit of one man and his family...
Whether this is true or not, ALIPAC is a place for patriots to meet and discuss illegal immigration and to form ideas together to put a stop to it. One doesn't have to be a donater to do that.

There are some, and I can think of two people who have a personal vanetta against Mr. Gheen and are advocates for illegal aliens so they focus on the funding rather than acknowledging the patriotic agenda of that forum.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-12-2011 at 08:43 AM..
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Whether this is true or not, ALIPAC is a place for patriots to meet and discuss illegal immigration and to form ideas together to put a stop to it. One doesn't have to be a donator to do that...
Whether it is true? That's the raw FEC data; William puts it together a little more carefully now, a few years back he had to pay a penalty. Even for my uncommon visits to ALIPAC, you have to listen to how people aren't donating enough, and the dire straits his "organization" is in.

And then you find out he has the largest house on the street of an upscale community, and a sportcar to brag about to old High School classmates...

The college years are even more interesting, before he switched from a family of Democrats (but doesn't let on to what affiliation he has now), search on the terms "Melvin Little William Gheen"...
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:59 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Whether it is true? That's the raw FEC data; William puts it together a little more carefully now, a few years back he had to pay a penalty. Even for my uncommon visits to ALIPAC, you have to listen to how people aren't donating enough, and the dire straits his "organization" is in.

And then you find out he has the largest house on the street of an upscale community, and a sportcar to brag about to old High School classmates...

The college years are even more interesting, before he switched from a family of Democrats (but doesn't let on to what affiliation he has now), search on the terms "Melvin Little William Gheen"...
I don't think this is the place to continue to discuss the owner of another forum. I stand by my prior remarks however.

Besides I would rather hang out in a forum where both points of view are allowed like this one rather than a forum of self-hating whites (that happen to be married to Hispanics) and brown reconquistas who are claiming that whites are illegal iin their own country. It's about the participants of a forum, not who owns the forum.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-12-2011 at 09:24 AM..
 
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Have you seen the 2010 PAC filing details for ALIPAC?...

$272,965 taken in: Americans for Legal Immigration | OpenSecrets

$267,168 of that spent, including $182,529 on "Administrative" costs (Americans for Legal Immigration Expenditures | OpenSecrets

$82,182 as William Gheen's "salary", of the total $138,016 allocated for that...

Including a $5,700 "kickback" to the leading donor that has offered matching funds for William to use as a bargaining tool in his drives...

How much in actual candidate contributions comes out of that?...

Not much "DOING", except for building his retirement...

ALIPAC is only a self-sustaining organization for the benefit of one man and his family...
Regardless of your opinion of ALIPAC, they do indeed fight illegal immigration, and their members have been instrumental in the defeat of many pro-illegal bills. Do you also scrutinize the multi-million dollar contributions of NCLR (La Raza), MALDEF, LULAC, or other pro-illegal organizations, and the six-figure salaries their executives enjoy? At least taxpayers arenít forced to support ALIPAC. Too bad the same canít be said for the aforementioned pro-illegal groups.
 
Old 05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Regardless of your opinion of ALIPAC, they do indeed fight illegal immigration, and their members have been instrumental in the defeat of many pro-illegal bills. Do you also scrutinize the multi-million dollar contributions of NCLR (La Raza), MALDEF, LULAC, or other pro-illegal organizations, and the six-figure salaries their executives enjoy? At least taxpayers arenít forced to support ALIPAC. Too bad the same canít be said for the aforementioned pro-illegal groups.
So true.
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...Do you also scrutinize the multi-million dollar contributions of NCLR (La Raza), MALDEF, LULAC, or other pro-illegal organizations, and the six-figure salaries their executives enjoy?...
They aren't organized as PACs, nor required to comply with the FEC regs...
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
They aren't organized as PACs, nor required to comply with the FEC regs...
If they were a PAC, I doubt that it would actually make a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top