U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2011, 05:07 PM
 
1,759 posts, read 1,696,625 times
Reputation: 945

Advertisements

I like reading these boards, I really do, but as much as I agree with the fury many of us have about illegals here and their effect on our nation, I would like to see a thread of practical suggestions/outlets for our very valid points.

Please post here any sites, petitions, phone numbers (aside from the obvious congressional numbers), groups, etc. that are actually doing something to take care of the massive illegal immigration problem we have.

Sympathizers of illegals should feel free to skip this thread.

 
Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
 
71 posts, read 46,803 times
Reputation: 33
Just remember, every one of those illegals is going to have 3-5 anchor babies... How the hell can we "do something" when we are competing against fertility like that? Along with a 2,000 mile border that nobody wants to guard?

Illegals are protected by the political class and the financial elites. Things have to get much worse before Americans will wake up. Right now they are too terrified of being called 'rayciss'...


 
Old 05-10-2011, 06:11 PM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Trader View Post
Illegals are protected by the political class and the financial elites. Things have to get much worse before Americans will wake up. Right now they are too terrified of being called 'rayciss'...
I really don't care if people call me a racist when I voice my opinions on illegal immigration.

I want ALL ILLEGALS GONE. I don't care if they are Mexican, I don't care if they are Irish, or French or African or Chinese.

If that makes me racist, so be it.

People need to grow some b a lls.
 
Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
There have aleady been many posts about what we are doing or plan on doing so no sense in repeating it over and over. I will continue to complain also until this mess is taken care of. Ever heard of venting? It is human nature and it is a healthy thing to do.
 
Old 05-10-2011, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 862,940 times
Reputation: 1287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Trader View Post
Just remember, every one of those illegals is going to have 3-5 anchor babies... How the hell can we "do something" when we are competing against fertility like that? Along with a 2,000 mile border that nobody wants to guard?

Illegals are protected by the political class and the financial elites. Things have to get much worse before Americans will wake up. Right now they are too terrified of being called 'rayciss'...

Island Trader did you get that picture from my neighborhood??

Because I see that stuff everyday. Anyway, i agree with this statement because it probably will be a while, even a few years before people recognize what illegal immigration is doing to this country. Here in Arizona we recognize whats happening and thats why were makin all these "harsh laws" and finally building a friggin fence.
 
Old 05-10-2011, 10:08 PM
 
2,313 posts, read 3,084,779 times
Reputation: 1580
Nobody does anything but complain.......we are a nation of sheep
 
Old 05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 862,940 times
Reputation: 1287
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Nobody does anything but complain.......we are a nation of sheep
People don't want to do anything because they will be considered racist and are afraid of what will happen to them if they speak out.
 
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
People don't want to do anything because they will be considered racist and are afraid of what will happen to them if they speak out.
It's kind of interesting. The open borders crowd is always trying to make this about race, and they love to remind us that not all illegals come from just certain countries - which is true. However when Obama makes it about one ethnicity and starts his big campaign for illegal aliens, what border does he come to give his big speech on illegals? Does he head to the Canadian border? Does he go to Ellis Island?

No, he comes to the biggest illegal and drug smuggling port right on the Mexican border. He gets as close to Mexico itself to kick off this big amnesty for all illegals as he possibly can - he makes it about ethnictiy, about catering to one particular foreign nation.
 
Old 05-11-2011, 07:35 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,241,612 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's kind of interesting. The open borders crowd is always trying to make this about race, and they love to remind us that not all illegals come from just certain countries - which is true. However when Obama makes it about one ethnicity and starts his big campaign for illegal aliens, what border does he come to give his big speech on illegals? Does he head to the Canadian border? Does he go to Ellis Island?

No, he comes to the biggest illegal and drug smuggling port right on the Mexican border. He gets as close to Mexico itself to kick off this big amnesty for all illegals as he possibly can - he makes it about ethnictiy, about catering to one particular foreign nation.
Which doesn't make sense.......

Anti-illegals are labeled "racists" yet all we hear about in the media is that Obama must appease the Hispanics, that he's recruiting Hispanic actors and activists, that the Hispanic leaders are impatient with Obama's lack of immigration reform, that enforcement laws are bad for Hispanics.
 
Old 05-11-2011, 07:39 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Nobody does anything but complain.......we are a nation of sheep
Those of us who really care about this issue are doing plenty besides complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top