Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:52 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,438,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
What is the point of having immigration laws if every few years the government is going to hand out green cards to those who chose to come here illegally?

It makes no sense. You can't have immigration laws but at the same time allow lawbreakers to get away with not following them.

What the heck is this country turning into?

I see one of the requirement is graduating from a US High School. So not only they got a free education paid for by US taxpayers, they are also going to be allowed to stay here?

Scr e w you LEGAL immigrants who have waited and are still waiting in line...you are not important!
Because the feds aren't going to stop it.

A law is only as good as it is enforced.

A country of immigrants...I know weird.

Yes, there are other requirements too.

My counter: Scr e w you kids that were brought into this country illegally, many of whom had no choice in the matter. You should live out your lives with no hope of advancement and dissolve into crime and prison.

The irony here is that you are also one of the people complaining about illegals in low wage jobs, yet you don't want them to advance either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 01:56 PM

4,865 posts, read 5,658,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

A country of immigrants...I know weird.

You mean ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS? Or did you conveniently forget the difference. Do you know even know the difference?

Quote:
My counter: Scr e w you kids that were brought into this country illegally, many of whom had no choice in the matter. You should live out your lives with no hope of advancement and dissolve into crime and prison.
And why is it my problem that the parents chose to break the law? Should the American people be held accountable for a poor decision?

I don't think so.

But of course you have forgotten about the fact that they always have the option to return to their homeland...Oh hell no right! They wouldn't be getting the free ride they are getting here...would they?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Making kids pay for your leaders negligence is not the answer.

And making me pay for their parents negligence is the answer?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:

But of course you have forgotten about the fact that they always have the option to return to their homeland...Oh hell no right! They wouldn't be getting the free ride they are getting here...would they?
Why should they return? The US leaders don't want them to leave and this is their home...let them advance.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
And making me pay for their parents negligence is the answer?
Do you know what the Dream Act is about?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Do you know what the Dream Act is about?

Yes and I do NOT support it.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:05 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,612,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
First Read - Senate Dems re-introduce DREAM Act-

How many more ways do the American voters have to say NO before they get it?
Any young illegal who completes an enlistment in the military honorably deserves citizenship. I'd rather see them voting than those born here who won't serve

Old 05-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yes and I do NOT support it.
So you don't want illegal kids taking the low wage jobs and you don't want them to advance.

Do you think this problem will just disappear?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Any young illegal who completes an enlistment in the military honorably deserves citizenship. I'd rather see them voting than those born here who won't serve
So let's not have any immigration laws anymore.

Because why bother waiting in line for years, paying for legal services, applications in order to immigrate here legally?

Isn't it a waste of time these days when someone can just overstay a visa / cross the border illegally and be given all the benefits that those same people waiting in line would be given?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
So you don't want illegal kids taking the low wage jobs and you don't want them to advance.

Do you think this problem will just disappear?
No, they need to go back to their country. And the whole "they won't be able to adapt" speech is BS.

The problem won't disappear unless we actually do something about it, deport those who are here illegally.

But there is always a bleeding heart who will call that inhumane, or say that it will be impossible to deport the majority of the illegal aliens here...then they go on to say the border is extremely secure and that giving amnesty is the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration