U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 PM

47,576 posts, read 59,122,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Most certainly they would be able to study in Mexico, but I don't think that is the point. Children brought illegally grew in the US and have been longer in the US than they have been in Mexico, some of them feel a stronger connection to the US than to Mexico as this country is all that they know.
I somehow doubt it. Not with all the Mexican flags they find to wave. And when they go to college, they're the ones who sign up for Aztlan studies and join the La Raza groups.

They feel enough of a connection to their country that studying there shouldn't be some real hardship. And if it isn't such a hardship for all the many non-Mexican students that studied there, how can it be such a hardship for students actually citizens of that country.

I know because I did study in Mexico. It was a great experience, not a hardship at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM

777 posts, read 930,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Most certainly they would be able to study in Mexico, but I don't think that is the point. Children brought illegally grew in the US and have been longer in the US than they have been in Mexico, some of them feel a stronger connection to the US than to Mexico as this country is all that they know.

Like I said before..who's to say that those children with a stronger connection to the US as their home won't go back there and stand up to the corrupt government and demand better. That they won't take on the drug cartels and clean house. Those children have lived American Heritage and American Culture but more then anything American Pride... Let them take those things they learned here back to their own country...knowing they can never return because of the sins of their fathers ..and do this enmass. These children have not been indoctrinated with the Mexican cultural apathy. We would literally be sending back an army of change....and they would be mad enough and strong enough and educated enough to accomplish what no Mexican President or government has been able to accomplish in the last 100 years. They will change their country..not over night..but change would come...if for no other reason so that their grandchildren will get the same high quality education...in their own country or in the US..legally.
And on that point I would say send them back first..because we know where they are and because they are needed in their own country the most.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:35 PM

15 posts, read 11,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
First Read - Senate Dems re-introduce DREAM Act-

How many more ways do the American voters have to say NO before they get it?
Since they don't get it, let's change the name of the game. Sign the petition located at the blog address below to strengthen the Act with new stiffer requirements, audits, enforcement and penalties.

Immigration Talk with a non-hyphenated American

Old 06-18-2011, 09:43 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,231,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima View Post
Since they don't get it, let's change the name of the game. Sign the petition located at the blog address below to strengthen the Act with new stiffer requirements, audits, enforcement and penalties.

Immigration Talk with a non-hyphenated American
Hey, good to see you in here, Ultima!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or