Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:40 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For some reason, I haven't worried about it that much.

Isn't that awesome! Your country is going to sh*t. It's being invaded and you just can't bring yourself up to worry about it!

Reminds me of something I watched on TV yesterday. This particular TV host brought up a couple good points about how some people just completely ignore the problem either by choice because they don't think it is a big deal or because they think the problem will eventually disappear.

Ignorance is a bliss...and it might end up being the death of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
How many more stories as this one are out there, i am sure more then we can imagine. However if we look at this with sympathic eyes, and pat them on the back, and say business as ususal, what kind of ignorant message are we then sending to other illegals! you get it i know.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 AM

108 posts, read 158,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Ignorance is a bliss...and it might end up being the death of this country.
Might??

Old 05-13-2011, 11:59 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
How many more stories as this one are out there, i am sure more then we can imagine. However if we look at this with sympathic eyes, and pat them on the back, and say business as ususal, what kind of ignorant message are we then sending to other illegals! you get it i know.
We have an idiot in the White House who is doing that....He's making us look like fools!

I was talking to my aunt (she just recently went back to Brazil to take care of some business) and she said Obama is like a God down there. I am not even kidding. Brazilians think he's God's gift to the world!

Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
I AM worried, VERY worried. People like Cototl are a threat to us Chicanos cause fools on both sides will try to drag us into the fight.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:44 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you won't worry about it until you have problems with your social security card or you are involved in an accident with one of these uninsured drivers. Or maybe when they move into your neighborhood and leave trash everywhere and your property value is suddenly half what it used to be.

I don't understand how illegal defenders can simply overlook the tremendous loss many citizens have suffered at the hands of illegals. There are many LEGAL Hispanics that have come here and opened businesses trying to make a better life for their families when along comes a border hopper that undercuts him to the point he is no longer in business. He suffers even though he did it the right way. Where is the sympathy for him and his family?

My question to you green mariner is why do you believe we should take better care of people from another country than we take care of our own citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration