Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If she was brought here as a child, it wasn't HER choice, so her being here as a child shouldn't be something to punish.
So, we should reward all adult illegal aliens who were brought here as children, by legalizing their status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 02:32 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,695,890 times
Quote:
But why punish the child?
This "child" has been knowingly breaking laws for years and endangering other Americans.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
This "child" has been knowingly breaking laws for years and endangering other Americans.
That doesn’t count, because she was brought here as a child. The fact that she is now a law-breaking adult is immaterial.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:17 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
If she was brought here as a child, it wasn't HER choice, so her being here as a child shouldn't be something to punish.
It is punishment to be sent back to one's own homeland?

Old 05-12-2011, 04:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
Umm...don't they have colleges in other countries? I think that there is higher education in Mexico and South America...last I checked. So...her learning would not end if she was sent back to her own country to finish her education, and help people in her country. HER country. Time for her to leave, and get started on her new life in HER country.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:15 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
She was brought her as a CHILD, keyword CHILD. She was brought her by her parents. I don't think she needs to be suffering because she was brought here as a child. That is the thing that is upsetting me. In the rush to curb illegal immigration, cases like this happen.
If her Parents are deported, and she leaves with them please tell me how she is being mistreated? They are together in their Country of origin. She used to live there it's not a different planet.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:19 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,434 times
Quote:
She was brought her as a CHILD, keyword CHILD. She was brought her by her parents. I don't think she needs to be suffering because she was brought here as a child. That is the thing that is upsetting me. In the rush to curb illegal immigration, cases like this happen.
They ALL need to leave the USA. ALL are illegal aliens.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:54 PM

431 posts, read 928,919 times
I love these articles where they try to make you feel bad and pull at your heart strings... Don't feel bad one bit, send her back. I mean no insurance/Drivers License for years... She's spit on numerous laws and put others at risk. Yet she wants to practice law, talk about irony. I'm not a big fan of lawsuits, but god help them if a Illegal ever gets in an accident with me.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:01 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Side_TX View Post
I love these articles where they try to make you feel bad and pull at your heart strings... Don't feel bad one bit, send her back. I mean no insurance/Drivers License for years... She's spit on numerous laws and put others at risk. Yet she wants to practice law, talk about irony. I'm not a big fan of lawsuits, but god help them if a Illegal ever gets in an accident with me.
That's what a lot of Americans are buying... the "poor me card". Oh poor girl, her parents brought her here without her consent. Both parents should be required to pay a fine and all of them need to be deported.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,324 times
I didn't realize living in your native country was punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration