U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:30 AM

89 posts, read 102,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Got it.

I just find this story so crazy.

I don't know much about the laws in Texas but from what I've heard (and I might be wrong) it is legal to use deadly force if someone trespasses on your land. There may be more to that law such as giving a warning first but I am not sure.

That is the law in Texas. Someone on your properity and they shouldn't be there, you do have the right to shoot them after giving a warning.

So you could be running at them shooting while screaming "I'm going to shoot you". and it be perfectly legal.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Unless you look Hispanic and are near the border. You might get shot.
And if you're trespassing on people's property and look Hispanic near the border just on the other side of it - in East Juarez Valley, nothing could happen?

No one gets shot across the border ever I suppose.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Got it.

I don't know much about the laws in Texas but from what I've heard (and I might be wrong) it is legal to use deadly force if someone trespasses on your land. There may be more to that law such as giving a warning first but I am not sure.
The problem is, this is one of the more dangerous areas you could want to live in, it's a drug trafficking corridor and everyone there is jumpy. Mexican refugees who have moved there report they are followed by cartel types in black SUVs with no license plates, the border is very open there, drug traffickers have made it theirs.

The cartels think they can trespass as they please, people of both American and Mexican nationality are nervous.

What I think is interesting though is how other stories coming out of El Paso get no attention. How obvious it is that hate crimes are a completely politically correct issue.

Gay Woman Says Police Didn't Classify Her Beating Outside Gay Club As Hate Crime - News Story - KVIA El Paso

Maria Granados, 49, said she has no doubt her assault was a hate crime and she doesn't like the way police have handled it.

"They called me manflora, marimacha, lesbiana and they beat me up," Granados said.

She said those were the gay slurs she heard as she was attacked by a group of young, Spanish speaking men after walking out of the OP two weeks ago.

You won't see the open border advocates upset about this case, it doesn't suit their agenda. The beating of this woman doesn't count, nor does the one that happened the other day that left a young hispanic man in critical condition.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Ever been to Fabens? If you had you wouldn't be asking this question. By the time the police got there the rancher could have been dead. The story actually touched on the fact that law enforcement in the area is stretched thin and people take care of themselves.
Not only that, if these guys lived in El Paso for any length of time, it's highly unlikely they thought that area was safe to trespass around in.

You don't go to either side of the border in that area - not in the USA, not across the border in Mexico and just go onto people's property without permission and refuse to leave when told to leave.

Yes on the USA side, the shooter is more likely to take you to the hospital, on the Mexico side propably not. Completely independent of race.

And it's also doubtful that they were looking for property to buy because most people in El Paso already have what they consider better property. Who would knowingly buy property that the cartels are using as their own? Like others said, most people in El Paso think that property is a scam but now with the very high level of cartel activity in that area, very few people in El Paso go wandering about looking for property to buy there.

Something is fishy about the so-called victim's story.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:33 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Got it.

Texas has some very strict laws about trespassing. An ex-relative of mine was killed for entering the house of someone he knew even though he wasn't armed nor a threat to the owner and the owner saw him before he shot him. I won't go into the details of the case but it was a shock to me that the owner of the home got off scot free.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Texas has some very strict laws about trespassing. An ex-relative of mine was killed for entering the house of someone he knew even though he wasn't armed nor a threat to the owner and the owner saw him before he shot him. I won't go into the details of the case but it was a shock to me that the owner of the home got off scot free.
And just a stone's throw from the Faben's shooting:

Three Killed in Juarez Drug Fight | KTSM News Channel 9

There are more deaths to report tonight in Juarez.
Three men were killed; three others were injured, on the city's east side.

This is more a matter of an extremely dangerous border area with an almost non-existent border ruled by cartels.

Of course the deaths in Juarez aren't important because they don't suit the agenda of the open borders proponents. Just like the hate crimes that aren't called hate crimes because the haters are from Mexico and the victims are gay hispanics.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
It's not uncommon to see lost souls out in Hudspeth County:
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jasonpenney/hudspeth_county_land.htm (broken link)

I was traveling South (of Sierra Blanca) early one morning on FM 1111. I ran into a couple with Florida Tags on their vehicle. They both had the lost look on their faces and had maps in hand. I knew immediately, that they had bought land sight unseen and were out looking for it. I had seen this same scenario many times before. As I pulled up beside them, the female in the passenger seat waved for me to stop. When I did, she asked me if I knew where the ????? Ranch was at. I told her that I did and showed them how to get there. As soon as she saw it, they both began to look even more confused. The man in the car told me, "there must be some mistake, we bought this land off of the internet and this is not even close to how it was described". I assured them that this was the land in question and pointed them in the direction of some others who had also purchased land there. I told them if they wanted to ask questions, they could go talk to the man living in the cardboard shack (pointing it out to them). The woman looked at me with a very sad look and said, "I can't believe this, we bought this land off of the internet when (we) got married. We had planned to come out here and live. We were told that there were jobs locally and future development projects in the area". I felt bad for them and recommended that they go to the court house to also check on tax liens. I wished them luck and drove away. About 4 hours later, I again found them parked on the side of the road South of Sierra Blanca. This time, the man was hugging his wife as she was crying.
And so knowing what this land is about, seeing it as most El Pasoans see it, you really buy the story that these two men were only trespassing and refusing to get off that man's land because they were looking to buy land?

Kind of far fetched if you ask me. If someone saw the picture of this guy's ranch, you'd really wonder why someone was on it refusing to leave.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:39 AM

23,627 posts, read 31,274,902 times
Instead of speculating or making assumptions about what is or isn't legal under Texas law, why not just Google it?

http://www.rc123.com/texas_castle_doctrine.html

Old 05-13-2011, 10:09 PM

More evidence of this border region being very dangerous. The open borders side won't be commenting on this killing of hispanics - not just injuring them and then taking them to the hospital but out and out killing them. The victims had New Mexico plates.

Juárez gunmen kill 2 men, woman riding in vehicle with NM plates - El Paso Times

Two men and a woman riding in a Hummer H3 with New Mexico plates were shot and killed on a Juárez street, Chihuahua state police said Friday.
Police said gunmen fired 30 rounds in the shooting at about 6:20 p.m. Thursday in the Felipe Angeles neighborhood across the Rio Grande from the University of Texas at El Paso.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,884,434 times
Down here in Florida, many years ago, you could be shot for trespassing in someones watermelon patch. My teenage brothers and their friends have been fired at, because it was TRESPASSING....they knew it and of course, they considered it a lark....

With the situation down on the border..i.e., trespassers, killing of range animals, trashing property, killing of ranchers, drug cartels.....the ranchers and farmers are probably a little fed up and jumpy. But, of course, that doesn't count for the people doing the armchair quarterbacking and it isn't their property or their families in jeopardy.

I hate coming to read these threads anymore because of the idiocy of some of the posters. We have no rights as Americans any longer.

eta: I wanted to add that no one of the boys were ever killed but, some caught some buckshot in the butts and legs and the parents didn't go out and take it up with the shooter.
The boys were in the wrong by trespassing and were warned. (may have been birdshot)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or