U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2011, 07:20 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Obama claims border fence is "basically" complete

Obama realizes the value of the press. He knows that regardless of reality, he can state conditions to be what he wants them to be and that is what the press will publish and his sycophants will repeat.

"Basically" > a condition that will satisfy a wide range of expectations
He is counting on most of the public not knowing that the fence is not complete because many Americans don't stay informed on these issues. What good is a fence that wouldn't keep a child from crossing? If the double layered one had been completed it would be a different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2011, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 14,737,418 times
Reputation: 4583
The Prez is correct in stating the fence is basically finished. If you question how effective it is, you may want to direct those queries to Rep Peter King and the rest of the Repubs that voted for the useless Bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2011, 08:29 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Prez is correct in stating the fence is basically finished. If you question how effective it is, you may want to direct those queries to Rep Peter King and the rest of the Repubs that voted for the useless Bill.
It is however not the double layered one that actually would deter illegal immigration and that particular one is not useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2011, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Texas State Fair
8,567 posts, read 9,330,054 times
Reputation: 4220
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
He is counting on most of the public not knowing that the fence is not complete because many Americans don't stay informed on these issues. What good is a fence that wouldn't keep a child from crossing? If the double layered one had been completed it would be a different story.
SaulL Alinsky Said That The Perception of Power Is Power. Obama is well versed in Alinsky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2011, 09:37 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Prez is correct in stating the fence is basically finished. If you question how effective it is, you may want to direct those queries to Rep Peter King and the rest of the Repubs that voted for the useless Bill.
Yes, he is because he doesn't intend to have any kind of a fence, nor does he intend to enforce any immigration laws.

His policies are basically "come on over!!" and make sure they will get moved to the front of the college financial aid lines and the welfare social workers will discuss the welfare programs with them in their own language. Employers are not penalized for bringing in truck loads of illegals to bring down wages.

Obama is all about the cheap labor agenda and globalization, the destruction of the American middle class.

I must add - so was Bush and a lot of Republicans are just as much about cheap labor and globalization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2011, 09:42 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, he is because he doesn't intend to have any kind of a fence, nor does he intend to enforce any immigration laws.

His policies are basically "come on over!!" and make sure they will get moved to the front of the college financial aid lines and the welfare social workers will discuss the welfare programs with them in their own language. Employers are not penalized for bringing in truck loads of illegals to bring down wages.

Obama is all about the cheap labor agenda and globalization, the destruction of the American middle class.

I must add - so was Bush and a lot of Republicans are just as much about cheap labor and globalization.
Except that the Dems are pandering for the Hispanic vote also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Prez is correct in stating the fence is basically finished. If you question how effective it is, you may want to direct those queries to Rep Peter King and the rest of the Repubs that voted for the useless Bill.
This video shows the effectiveness of the fence. In some places it's high enough to slow them down at least. In other places it's non-existent but also something needs to be done with those who make it over, they need to learn that we have laws - just as their own country has laws about immigration.


YouTube - LEO DAN ESA PARED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top