U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:30 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Adelina Nicholls, Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights, said: “This action is not only an insult to the Latino community and other immigrants, but is also an exercise in cheap political pandering that will cost our state dearly. "
Latinos, latinos, latinos.

Why are they the ones who are always outraged when our Federal Laws are enforced?

and no, I am not being racist here but everyone else keeps their mouth shut, the illegals from Europe, Asia, Africa...etc.

Now you wonder why only Latinos are targeted by a lot of people who oppose illegal immigration. Because they can't keep their mouth shut!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 03:33 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,847,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
While I agree that something's gotta give in terms of importation of poverty into this country, I'm confused by your political cartoon:
Hmmmm red = Republican blue = Democrat

The red (elephant) is being painted over by the blue (donkey)...

Could that possibly mean Republicans are slowly taking this country back from the Democrats?

And that Federal immigration laws might actually start being enforced?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:33 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

Why are they the ones who are always outraged when our Federal Laws are enforced?

and no, I am not being racist here but everyone else keeps their mouth shut, the illegals from Europe, Asia, Africa...etc.

Now you wonder why only Latinos are targeted by a lot of people who oppose illegal immigration. Because they can't keep their mouth shut!
The absolute truth! Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:46 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:

And because they think their ethnic group is above our laws.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 PM

8,161 posts, read 9,361,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I live in Atlanta and am happy to see that this passed. We have a large number of illegal immigrants in the metro-Atlanta area. Local counties already have similar laws on the books, especially Gwinnet County where their laws have actually caused a decrease in illegal immigrants residing in the county.

It is too bad that there will of course be lawsuits to block the law.

I have been personally affected by the influx of illegals here being that one stole my son's (who was 5 years old at the time) SSN and used it to get Medicaid, which caused lots of issues with our own insurance provider and doctor. I got the name of the person who was using it in Cobb County, a suburb of Atlanta but they refused to give me the address or any information citing that it was "confidential" even though it is my child's information that was stolen. I now have to have a security watch on my now 9 year old's SSN and have to check his credit report every year to be sure there is nothing on it. I worry that his financial life can be ruined due to this before he becomes an adult. I hope that whatever lawsuits are brought up to stop the law will at least be handled quickly in order to get the law on the books permanently.
Try spokeo.com. It may have them in there and if so their address will come up. Anyway just reading about your story infuriated me...good luck.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:55 AM

4,741 posts, read 7,533,583 times
A relative of mine lives in Georgia, and moved from Gwinett County due in part to the "problems" there. I think just getting virtually overrun has forced them to try to act - but it's probably too little, too late.

I listened to a debate yesterday on NPR regarding illegal immigration. It was maddening to hear illegal aliens crossers continually "lumped in" together with law-abiding, Ellis Island style, legal immigrants over and over by the Pro-Reform side. Crossing a border without permission is NOT "immigrating."

Over and over we are told we "need" these illegal immigrants. I don't buy that.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,975,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Kudos to Georgia! Unfortunately, like Arizona, the law will be deemed racist, and Eric Holder will be instructed to sue. Of course, the whiny illegal sympathizers and peddlers will also threaten to boycott.
Perhaps if all the states took the stance of Georgia and Arizona and were boycotted for it, the illegals would have to leave. What with the boycott, they would have nowhere to buy or work.

Of course their sympathetic supporters (government) would then provide entitlements for them.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I live in Atlanta and am happy to see that this passed. We have a large number of illegal immigrants in the metro-Atlanta area. Local counties already have similar laws on the books, especially Gwinnet County where their laws have actually caused a decrease in illegal immigrants residing in the county.

It is too bad that there will of course be lawsuits to block the law.

I have been personally affected by the influx of illegals here being that one stole my son's (who was 5 years old at the time) SSN and used it to get Medicaid, which caused lots of issues with our own insurance provider and doctor. I got the name of the person who was using it in Cobb County, a suburb of Atlanta but they refused to give me the address or any information citing that it was "confidential" even though it is my child's information that was stolen. I now have to have a security watch on my now 9 year old's SSN and have to check his credit report every year to be sure there is nothing on it. I worry that his financial life can be ruined due to this before he becomes an adult. I hope that whatever lawsuits are brought up to stop the law will at least be handled quickly in order to get the law on the books permanently.
You seem uninformed as to what you can do...
Identity Theft And Your Social Security Number

Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
[quote=KickAssArmyChick;19140442]Latinos, latinos, latinos.

Now you wonder why only Latinos are targeted by a lot of people who oppose illegal immigration. Because they can't keep their mouth shut![/quote]

seems odd that you're fine with your free expression...yet want others to check theirs.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
[quote=1751texan;19172905]
Quote:

Now you wonder why only Latinos are targeted by a lot of people who oppose illegal immigration. Because they can't keep their mouth shut![/quote]

seems odd that you're fine with your free expression...yet want others to check theirs.
You missed the point. She wasn't generalizing about freedom of speech. What she was asking is why it is nearly always Latinos complaining about enforcing our immigration laws but not other ethnic groups? I think we all know however what that reason is and so do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or