Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:00 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times

Advertisements

Props to Georgia!

"Today, we are taking action to uphold the rule of law," Deal said in a signing ceremony in his office. "This legislation is a responsible step forward in the absence of federal action."

Georgia Governor Signs Strictest Immigration Law in Nation - Fox News Latino

Now how long until ACLU sues the state...and how long until Obama mocks the people of Georgia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 02:16 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
I live in Atlanta and am happy to see that this passed. We have a large number of illegal immigrants in the metro-Atlanta area. Local counties already have similar laws on the books, especially Gwinnet County where their laws have actually caused a decrease in illegal immigrants residing in the county.

It is too bad that there will of course be lawsuits to block the law.

I have been personally affected by the influx of illegals here being that one stole my son's (who was 5 years old at the time) SSN and used it to get Medicaid, which caused lots of issues with our own insurance provider and doctor. I got the name of the person who was using it in Cobb County, a suburb of Atlanta but they refused to give me the address or any information citing that it was "confidential" even though it is my child's information that was stolen. I now have to have a security watch on my now 9 year old's SSN and have to check his credit report every year to be sure there is nothing on it. I worry that his financial life can be ruined due to this before he becomes an adult. I hope that whatever lawsuits are brought up to stop the law will at least be handled quickly in order to get the law on the books permanently.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
I wonder if what we are seeing with the states taking action against these illegal alien invaders is the start of the downfall of the elitists in Washington and the return of America to the American citizens.

I hope I live long enough to see every single illegal alien invader and their spawn evicted from America.

One way or another these illegals days are numbered....

Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I wonder if what we are seeing with the states taking action against these illegal alien invaders is the start of the downfall of the elitists in Washington and the return of America to the American citizens.

I hope I live long enough to see every single illegal alien invader and their spawn evicted from America.

One way or another these illegals days are numbered....
While I agree that something's gotta give in terms of importation of poverty into this country, I'm confused by your political cartoon:

Not sure if you're trying to imply the Republicans are any better on the issue, because they are not. ESPECIALLY not at the federal level, where big business is one of (if not THE) most ardent supporters of "open borders" and employment of illegal immigrant labor.

El Jorge Arbusto (Numero Dos) did jack crap about the problem for 8 years.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
While I agree that something's gotta give in terms of importation of poverty into this country, I'm confused by your political cartoon:

Not sure if you're trying to imply the Republicans are any better on the issue, because they are not. ESPECIALLY not at the federal level, where big business is one of (if not THE) most ardent supporters of "open borders" and employment of illegal immigrant labor.

El Jorge Arbusto (Numero Dos) did jack crap about the problem for 8 years.
Lately I haven't been aware of any Liberals trying to enforce Federal Laws. Maybe I am missing something.

I am not a R nor a D, but I support AZ's governor who happens to be a Republican as well as Utah's and Georgia.

But they are getting cr ap from the Democrats...

Remember: divided we fail. It is sad. The rest of the country just needs to unite and say enough is enough and take our country back.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I live in Atlanta and am happy to see that this passed. We have a large number of illegal immigrants in the metro-Atlanta area. Local counties already have similar laws on the books, especially Gwinnet County where their laws have actually caused a decrease in illegal immigrants residing in the county.

I have been personally affected by the influx of illegals here being that one stole my son's (who was 5 years old at the time) SSN and used it to get Medicaid, which caused lots of issues with our own insurance provider and doctor. I got the name of the person who was using it in Cobb County, a suburb of Atlanta but they refused to give me the address or any information citing that it was "confidential" even though it is my child's information that was stolen. I now have to have a security watch on my now 9 year old's SSN and have to check his credit report every year to be sure there is nothing on it. I worry that his financial life can be ruined due to this before he becomes an adult. I hope that whatever lawsuits are brought up to stop the law will at least be handled quickly in order to get the law on the books permanently.
Sadly, nothing will be done to the thief. After all, he was only using your son’s SSN to seek a better life. I am so sick of this BS.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Kudos to Georgia! Unfortunately, like Arizona, the law will be deemed racist, and Eric Holder will be instructed to sue. Of course, the whiny illegal sympathizers and peddlers will also threaten to boycott.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I saw a segment on NBC yesterday about child identity theft. Some 16 year old already has 750 thousand dollars ( yes 750K ) in debt because her identity was stolen by a couple people....The reporter actually found both men and both couldn't speak English. They had a Spanish interpreter talk to them and ask them about stealing her Social Security Number. One of them drove off in a brand new truck!!! The other was at work, at a supermarket.

Now this poor girl's life is basically ruined.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:53 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Great news........I thinks the amigos.they need to start packin and they need to take their chitty baby diapers with them

Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Quote:
Adelina Nicholls, Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights, said: “This action is not only an insult to the Latino community and other immigrants, but is also an exercise in cheap political pandering that will cost our state dearly.
Only legal immigrants are insulted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration