U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 AM

254 posts, read 520,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
I really have to say to all the pro-illegals, including our illustrious politicians, how would you like it if someone (or lots of someones) broke into your home, ate your food, went into your wallet, could not communicate with you

BUT

they also cleaned while they were there, tidied up, planted some things to make your garden look good...

Would you let them stay?
Would you call the cops?
Would you exercise your 2nd Amendment rights?

Why can't you understand that this is how many of us feel about invaders in our country??

What do you think happen to people who try to break into the White House? Into the VP mansion? Into senators' and congress members' homes?

Thought so.
Lets oversimply all the problems of America!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 09:56 AM

254 posts, read 520,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And finally, no one has blamed illegals for ALL of our country's problems as you erroneously stated.
No? no one? What about your post a few minutes ago where you agree that illegal immigration killed the economy... which is basically the biggest problem in the US right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's kind of like the what came first - the chicken or the egg.

Did massive illegal immigration kill our economy, or did the recession kill massive illegal immigration?

Actually they're still pouring over the border because jobs aren't really the main attraction. Food stamps, free health care, WIC coupons, a life of never having to work again, are very very attractive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As is the attraction of popping out an instant citizen or two or three to gain access to the above benefits.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:05 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
No? no one? What about your post a few minutes ago where you agree that illegal immigration killed the economy... which is basically the biggest problem in the US right now
Excuse me? I never said that illegal immigration killed the economy. Go back and read my post for clarity. What I said is that illegal immigration is not a boon to our economy. I have never said that ALL the problems that our country faces is due to illegal immigration either.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:12 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Quote:
And I'm not understanding the pro-illegal crowd that insists we couldn't possibly know who is illegal.

That bunch of Mexicans who cannot speak a lick of English hanging around the 7-11 waiting for the landscaping trucks to pick them up? What do you think?

(And before you start with "How do you know they can't speak English?" I've had to try to communicate with various groups of this kind under many circumstances involving noise and other things. So you can put your sanctimonious attitude away, thanks.)
Someone in a different thread suggested that you get out of your truck or car, or whatever you are driving and shout "La migra, la migra" and see who runs and who doesn't. LOL

Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
And I'm not understanding the pro-illegal crowd that insists we couldn't possibly know who is illegal.

That bunch of Mexicans who cannot speak a lick of English hanging around the 7-11 waiting for the landscaping trucks to pick them up? What do you think?

(And before you start with "How do you know they can't speak English?" I've had to try to communicate with various groups of this kind under many circumstances involving noise and other things. So you can put your sanctimonious attitude away, thanks.)
I think you cant tell if one is Mexican. Does a person form Guatemala look different that a Hondurian? Spanish is spoken in 20 American countries including this one...so how can you tell? other than incorrectly guessing...

Maybe they were giving you attitude for your nagging...

Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I have been using the same analogy for a while because some people don't think about what the situation really entails.

America is our home....Take care of it.

But no "I don't have time for this, I have better things to worry about".

"They just want a better life. They are all here anyway...just let them stay".

I am sorry but if someone broke into my house I would not just sit back and take it. I would fight back first and foremost because that's what my mind is programmed to do (something similar has happened before and while everyone went hiding, I took my shoes off (they were too big lol) and ran after the guy...Crazy I know because I could have gotten hurt. Thankfully I am still alive but don't regret doing what I did.

I think people forget that way before you and me and everyone who posts on this forum were here, we had some brave men and women who stood up against the British and fought for what they believed in.

The Freedoms we have weren't just handed to us; lots of lives were lost in order to make this country what it is. Now we have people who have no regards for our laws, our country and our people, coming over here illegally...and instead of putting our feet down and fighting we're all divided. Why? There should be no discussion over illegal immigration. It is against the law and it's killing this nation. People are so worried about the Middle East and terrorists that they don't realize the destruction is coming from within.

We can't sit back and take it. They need go to. Period. It might take years but the bottom line is they need to go back to where they came from.

As usual i always agree with you and your analogy. I feel that those in power do think about this alalogy, however in saying this, i honestly don't think they really care. Your so right, there truly should be no discussions about illegals, but because our beloved politicians don't give this issue thought at all, there is much discusiion onf this peky negative problem and getting worse by the day. It is not that they don't truly see this as a problem, i think they use this problem for their benefit.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:41 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
I have been using the same analogy for a while because some people don't think about what the situation really entails.

America is our home....Take care of it.

But no "I don't have time for this, I have better things to worry about".

"They just want a better life. They are all here anyway...just let them stay".

I am sorry but if someone broke into my house I would not just sit back and take it. I would fight back first and foremost because that's what my mind is programmed to do (something similar has happened before and while everyone went hiding, I took my shoes off (they were too big lol) and ran after the guy...Crazy I know because I could have gotten hurt. Thankfully I am still alive but don't regret doing what I did.

I think people forget that way before you and me and everyone who posts on this forum were here, we had some brave men and women who stood up against the British and fought for what they believed in.

The Freedoms we have weren't just handed to us; lots of lives were lost in order to make this country what it is. Now we have people who have no regards for our laws, our country and our people, coming over here illegally...and instead of putting our feet down and fighting we're all divided. Why? There should be no discussion over illegal immigration. It is against the law and it's killing this nation. People are so worried about the Middle East and terrorists that they don't realize the destruction is coming from within.

We can't sit back and take it. They need go to. Period. It might take years but the bottom line is they need to go back to where they came from.
A vast majority of Americans see illegal immigration as a serious problem...I dont think many Americans are as convinced as you that illegal immigration is "killing this nation".

Its hard to distinguish when you analogize the problem, whether "killing this nation" is just a hyperbole or a literal statement...

Old 05-17-2011, 06:56 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,465,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
A vast majority of Americans see illegal immigration as a serious problem...I dont think many Americans are as convinced as you that illegal immigration is "killing this nation".

Its hard to distinguish when you analogize the problem, whether "killing this nation" is just a hyperbole or a literal statement...
Most Americans don't spend every waking moment whining and crying about illegal immigration, even the ones that see it as a serious problem. Most Americans just try to go about their business.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 PM

2,176 posts, read 863,527 times
Quote:
Someone in a different thread suggested that you get out of your truck or car, or whatever you are driving and shout "La migra, la migra" and see who runs and who doesn't. LOL
I had to laugh at that. lol

Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,853,526 times
Too bad we can't apply Texas's Castle Doctrine all across our border.....

http://www.rc123.com/texas_castle_doctrine.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration