U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 03:42 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,697,443 times

Advertisements

I really have to say to all the pro-illegals, including our illustrious politicians, how would you like it if someone (or lots of someones) broke into your home, ate your food, went into your wallet, could not communicate with you

BUT

they also cleaned while they were there, tidied up, planted some things to make your garden look good...

Would you let them stay?
Would you call the cops?
Would you exercise your 2nd Amendment rights?

Why can't you understand that this is how many of us feel about invaders in our country??

What do you think happen to people who try to break into the White House? Into the VP mansion? Into senators' and congress members' homes?

Thought so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,649,060 times
I have been using the same analogy for a while because some people don't think about what the situation really entails.

America is our home....Take care of it.

But no "I don't have time for this, I have better things to worry about".

"They just want a better life. They are all here anyway...just let them stay".

I am sorry but if someone broke into my house I would not just sit back and take it. I would fight back first and foremost because that's what my mind is programmed to do (something similar has happened before and while everyone went hiding, I took my shoes off (they were too big lol) and ran after the guy...Crazy I know because I could have gotten hurt. Thankfully I am still alive but don't regret doing what I did.

I think people forget that way before you and me and everyone who posts on this forum were here, we had some brave men and women who stood up against the British and fought for what they believed in.

The Freedoms we have weren't just handed to us; lots of lives were lost in order to make this country what it is. Now we have people who have no regards for our laws, our country and our people, coming over here illegally...and instead of putting our feet down and fighting we're all divided. Why? There should be no discussion over illegal immigration. It is against the law and it's killing this nation. People are so worried about the Middle East and terrorists that they don't realize the destruction is coming from within.

We can't sit back and take it. They need go to. Period. It might take years but the bottom line is they need to go back to where they came from.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:38 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I have been using the same analogy for a while because some people don't think about what the situation really entails.

America is our home....Take care of it.

But no "I don't have time for this, I have better things to worry about".

"They just want a better life. They are all here anyway...just let them stay".

I am sorry but if someone broke into my house I would not just sit back and take it. I would fight back first and foremost because that's what my mind is programmed to do (something similar has happened before and while everyone went hiding, I took my shoes off (they were too big lol) and ran after the guy...Crazy I know because I could have gotten hurt. Thankfully I am still alive but don't regret doing what I did.

I think people forget that way before you and me and everyone who posts on this forum were here, we had some brave men and women who stood up against the British and fought for what they believed in.

The Freedoms we have weren't just handed to us; lots of lives were lost in order to make this country what it is. Now we have people who have no regards for our laws, our country and our people, coming over here illegally...and instead of putting our feet down and fighting we're all divided. Why? There should be no discussion over illegal immigration. It is against the law and it's killing this nation. People are so worried about the Middle East and terrorists that they don't realize the destruction is coming from within.

We can't sit back and take it. They need go to. Period. It might take years but the bottom line is they need to go back to where they came from.
Unfortunately what is helping to fuel this invasion are the bleeding hearts and those who have an ethnocentric stake in this. Their loyalty to their agenda trumps their loyalty to this country and its laws.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:43 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,649,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Unfortunately what is helping to fuel this invasion are the bleeding hearts and those who have an ethnocentric stake in this. Their loyalty to their agenda trumps their loyalty to this country and its laws.
It's sad that they don't think about how future generations will be affected by their decision to just sit back and watch. They just don't care because they won't be directly affected by it; heck they might not even be alive to see what is going to happen if we don't do something about it and we have 100 million illegal aliens in this country...

Old 05-16-2011, 05:13 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,242,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post

Why can't you understand that this is how many of us feel about invaders in our country??

What do you think happen to people who try to break into the White House? Into the VP mansion? Into senators' and congress members' homes?

Thought so.
Very good point

I wonder what our president would say if someone showed up at the White House and announced he want to be president too. After all, the guy went through a lot of trouble sneaking into the WH and he just wants a better life for his family. Never mind if he doesn't satisfy the qualifications or didn't campaign like Obama did. Would Obama give in to this invader's demands?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,013,920 times
Quote:
...Would you call the cops?

Why can't you understand that this is how many of us feel about invaders in our country??...
It's a bad analogy. The "cops" in this instance would be Federal, because it is a suspicion of being an immigration violation (you may be calling "the cops" on someone that has just as much right to be there as you). Exercising your "2nd Amendment rights" sounds like a veiled remark that you would hold someone at gunpoint, or even shoot them, for being in your country (perhaps legally present).

The 2nd Amendment is your right to own weapons, not an unrestricted license to do with them as you see fit, against the rights of others...

Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,411,435 times
Quote:
I really have to say to all the pro-illegals, including our illustrious politicians, how would you like it if someone (or lots of someones) broke into your home, ate your food, went into your wallet, could not communicate with you

BUT

they also cleaned while they were there, tidied up, planted some things to make your garden look good...

Would you let them stay?
Would you call the cops?

Thought so.
First of all, I'm not a pro-illegal just like you are not an anti-immigrant. I am not for immigrants crossing our borders or overstaying their visas. I am pro fixing an immigration problem that is long over due, that we have ignored for a long period of time and wish to legalize a "segment" of the illegal population. We may have a different view on how to fix this issue, nonetheless, it does not make me a pro-illegal. It makes me a realist...there is no way we could deport ALL illegals.

Second, those of us that have a different view than your extremist position of DEPORT THEM ALL (Don't care how much it costs us) are also Americans and this is also our country. This means we both are experiencing the same issue just feel different about it. How you feel about it is respected.

Third, that analogy of your house, the mansion, the white house... the bank, whatever, does not work.

When immigrants come here illegally, an American offers them a job. If they didn't, they would leave. Illegals open up a savings account legally, with our permission. Ask your local bank. They purchase groceries from the money their earned, from the job that was offered to them. They didn't go knocking at your door to get your food. They live in a rented home, apartment or wherever, because they pay for it from the job that was illegally offered to them. Yes, they also use fake documents that were conveniently unchecked. This does not sound to me like invaders. We provide sanctuaries for their protection and give their children welfare. If you call the cops, most will tell you, they have rights. I'm not excusing illegal immigrants from braking the law but it takes two to tango in this case. Don't blame illegal immigrants for all our country's problems.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Exercising your "2nd Amendment rights" sounds like a veiled remark that you would hold someone at gunpoint, or even shoot them, for being in your country (perhaps legally present).

The 2nd Amendment is your right to own weapons, not an unrestricted license to do with them as you see fit, against the rights of others...
You're not paying attention.

If someone broke into a gun owner's house, I'm pretty sure the gun owner would have a leg to stand on in putting that invader at gunpoint.

What's so confusing? It's not veiled at all.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM

And I'm not understanding the pro-illegal crowd that insists we couldn't possibly know who is illegal.

That bunch of Mexicans who cannot speak a lick of English hanging around the 7-11 waiting for the landscaping trucks to pick them up? What do you think?

(And before you start with "How do you know they can't speak English?" I've had to try to communicate with various groups of this kind under many circumstances involving noise and other things. So you can put your sanctimonious attitude away, thanks.)

Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
First of all, I'm not a pro-illegal just like you are not an anti-immigrant. I am not for immigrants crossing our borders or overstaying their visas. I am pro fixing an immigration problem that is long over due, that we have ignored for a long period of time and wish to legalize a "segment" of the illegal population. We may have a different view on how to fix this issue, nonetheless, it does not make me a pro-illegal. It makes me a realist...there is no way we could deport ALL illegals.

Second, those of us that have a different view than your extremist position of DEPORT THEM ALL (Don't care how much it costs us) are also Americans and this is also our country. This means we both are experiencing the same issue just feel different about it. How you feel about it is respected.

Third, that analogy of your house, the mansion, the white house... the bank, whatever, does not work.

When immigrants come here illegally, an American offers them a job. If they didn't, they would leave. Illegals open up a savings account legally, with our permission. Ask your local bank. They purchase groceries from the money their earned, from the job that was offered to them. They didn't go knocking at your door to get your food. They live in a rented home, apartment or wherever, because they pay for it from the job that was illegally offered to them. Yes, they also use fake documents that were conveniently unchecked. This does not sound to me like invaders. We provide sanctuaries for their protection and give their children welfare. If you call the cops, most will tell you, they have rights. I'm not excusing illegal immigrants from braking the law but it takes two to tango in this case. Don't blame illegal immigrants for all our country's problems.
Have you missed all those posts about self-deportations and how that can be accomplished? There are little to no associated costs with that.

Americans can hold different views on the various issues but don't you think we should all be united for the rule of law?

Who is this "we" that you keep referring to as encouraging illegals to come here? It certainly isn't your regular American citizen. So because of the greedy, anti-laws businesses and a government that looks the other way, regular Americans should roll over and accept this? What about the personal responsibility of the "immigrant" themselves who knows before they come here illegally that it is against the law regardless of the enticements to do so? Are they little children with no conscience and no morals?

And finally, no one has blamed illegals for ALL of our country's problems as you erroneously stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration