U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:51 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay, but I am still not understanding why she is here now?! Send her back, to do the paperwork legally. We don't just say, "Sorry, your family gave you to child molesters, here is a free United States Passport". Or do we?!
That's basically what they're saying. Probably another U visa scam. Just claim to be a victim and voila - you're here and living on welfare handouts of all kinds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2011, 09:41 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,077 posts, read 21,228,410 times
Reputation: 22561
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's basically what they're saying. Probably another U visa scam. Just claim to be a victim and voila - you're here and living on welfare handouts of all kinds.
I really doubt an 8 year old girl could be as conniving as all of that. Are you suggesting that she concocted the whole sexual abuse story just so she could come to the US and apply for food stamps? She's 8 years old. While I am opposed to all illegal immigration and want nothing more than to have all illegals return to their respective home countries and use the correct methods for applying for legal passage here, I can't see it in my heart to assume any wrong doing on the part of this 8 year old child. She has suffered more at this young age than many of us will ever suffer in our entire lives. Not only the sexual abuse, but the betrayal of those adults who were responsible for protecting her. I just hope she can heal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 12:00 AM
 
15,924 posts, read 16,900,695 times
Reputation: 7626
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I really doubt an 8 year old girl could be as conniving as all of that. Are you suggesting that she concocted the whole sexual abuse story just so she could come to the US and apply for food stamps? She's 8 years old. While I am opposed to all illegal immigration and want nothing more than to have all illegals return to their respective home countries and use the correct methods for applying for legal passage here, I can't see it in my heart to assume any wrong doing on the part of this 8 year old child. She has suffered more at this young age than many of us will ever suffer in our entire lives. Not only the sexual abuse, but the betrayal of those adults who were responsible for protecting her. I just hope she can heal.
No, this little girl didn't dream this whole thing up, her family probably did though......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2011, 10:46 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,077 posts, read 21,228,410 times
Reputation: 22561
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
No, this little girl didn't dream this whole thing up, her family probably did though......
Why would you say that? Do you really have such a cynical view of the world, or do you have insider information about this case that not even the press is privy to? It seems to me that you are operating on your assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 11:22 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I really doubt an 8 year old girl could be as conniving as all of that. Are you suggesting that she concocted the whole sexual abuse story just so she could come to the US and apply for food stamps? She's 8 years old. While I am opposed to all illegal immigration and want nothing more than to have all illegals return to their respective home countries and use the correct methods for applying for legal passage here, I can't see it in my heart to assume any wrong doing on the part of this 8 year old child. She has suffered more at this young age than many of us will ever suffer in our entire lives. Not only the sexual abuse, but the betrayal of those adults who were responsible for protecting her. I just hope she can heal.
You can bet your life that since the U visa was concocted that millions more illegals are claiming that they were raped on their way here in order to cash in on it.

Look at this story - they claim the little girl was raped somewhere in Mexico because the parents who had abandoned her as a 3 year old in their lust for American money, turned her over to a group of child rapists. Now they are using that rape of their child as a justification to keep her here and for themselves of course to remain her.

These scumball family members don't give a damn about that little girl. They wouldn't have left her as a 3 year old in the first place if they loved her. They wouldn't have turned her over to criminals if they cared anything about her.

Now they have their sob story that they will -- and are using -- to get around the legal immigration laws. That whole bunch of family members should be arrested and charged with child abuse because that's what they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 12:23 PM
 
254 posts, read 521,662 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You can bet your life that since the U visa was concocted that millions more illegals are claiming that they were raped on their way here in order to cash in on it.

Look at this story - they claim the little girl was raped somewhere in Mexico because the parents who had abandoned her as a 3 year old in their lust for American money, turned her over to a group of child rapists. Now they are using that rape of their child as a justification to keep her here and for themselves of course to remain her.

These scumball family members don't give a damn about that little girl. They wouldn't have left her as a 3 year old in the first place if they loved her. They wouldn't have turned her over to criminals if they cared anything about her.

Now they have their sob story that they will -- and are using -- to get around the legal immigration laws. That whole bunch of family members should be arrested and charged with child abuse because that's what they did.
This sounds more intricate than a James Bond movie...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 01:49 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 16,900,695 times
Reputation: 7626
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Why would you say that? Do you really have such a cynical view of the world, or do you have insider information about this case that not even the press is privy to? It seems to me that you are operating on your assumptions.
Yeah, maybe because I've heard so many illegal alien sob stories and lies...

Do you have insider information that says this story is in fact true?

Only facts are from one URL posted on C-D and the URL is from a newspaper from a city almost taken over by illegal aliens..

This is what the illegal aliens play on, the sympathy and stupidity of Americans.

If it's one thing illegal aliens have is awesome imaginations on dreaming up stories to play on American emotions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,380,665 times
Reputation: 1575
The article clearly states that this girl's paternal granparents are LEGAL American citizens. So, my question is this... Why, instead of paying smugglers $7000, didn't this girl's grandparents just sponsor her instead, which would have cost under $2000 and would also have allowed her to enter and live legally in the United States? I'm sure that under the circumstances the application would have been approved. I also have to ask...if the parents were able to save up $7000 to have her illegally smuggled in because they were being "threatened," why didn't they use that money to move and go into hiding somewhere? Or, why didn't they just use it to pay off those who were demanding this so-called "protection" money? If they could manage to save this much money up, certainly the relatively small amount being demanded would not have been a problem?

If this truly happened to this little girl then I am heartsick for her, but personally I think the whole story stinks. It doesn't add up or make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 12:05 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times
Reputation: 6451
Don't even get my Italian temper going, and yes i have one. No excuse for this at all, what the hell kind of behavior is this, and her family, lets not got there.

Her family are suppose to be her suport and love and cherish her, they sure have a funny way of showing their love, 8 yrs of age is still so very young, you prtoect the young at this age they did not.

For the creeps that did this to her, i do hope they gets theirs soon.

However there are more sob sad stories like this then we know of, are we suppose to take in the world and all stories that exist as this one, make one exception, and thennnnnnnnnn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,022,544 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
The article clearly states that this girl's paternal granparents are LEGAL American citizens. So, my question is this... Why, instead of paying smugglers $7000, didn't this girl's grandparents just sponsor her instead, which would have cost under $2000 and would also have allowed her to enter and live legally in the United States? I'm sure that under the circumstances the application would have been approved...
How are the grandparents able to sponsor her? She isn't an "Immediate Relative" for them to be able to get an Immigrant Visa for her. Only the fiction of bringing aunties and third cousins would think it is possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top