U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:07 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
OMG! I was just stating the fact that its impossible... Cyanna said... "why wont they come legally" I just stated the fact that is impossible... THATS IT

I never said the us should ignore laws, nor did I said it should accommodate the low skilled immigrants of Mexico... I stated a fact
No, the “fact” is, we have millions of LEGAL immigrants from Mexico. Therefore, it is NOT impossible. That is simply an excuse for lawlessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 01:12 PM

254 posts, read 521,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, the “fact” is, we have millions of LEGAL immigrants from Mexico. Therefore, it is NOT impossible. That is simply an excuse for lawlessness.
No what? I was responding to an incorrect statement, Cyanna said "why wont they come legally?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
If they can afford the $7000 to pay a coyote then they can afford the $1000 fee to immigrate LEGALLY. The fact that they don't try to do it through legal channels tells me that they have something to hide which would prevent them from being approved.
I said.... no they cannot, to which Cindy_Jole responded, sure there is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Sure there is. The US admits more immigrants than any other nation. We also admit more Mexicans than any other group. Our immigration system is more than fair to Mexicans.
To which I responded, no there is not, and stated the legal ways to emigrate for a Mexican....

Quote:
If an un-educated person does not fulfill the requirements then why should the US accept that person? There are many educated, skilled people waiting to get in, and the US allows fewer people from other countries.

Just because there's no way to legally immigrate doesn't give the person the right to break our immigration laws and come illegally.

Now you just jumpled to the conclusion that I said that illegal immigration is OK

Old 05-20-2011, 01:12 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,247,333 times
Quote:
OMG! I was just stating the fact that its impossible... Cyanna said... "why wont they come legally" I just stated the fact that is impossible... THATS IT

I never said the us should ignore laws, nor did I said it should accommodate the low skilled immigrants of Mexico... I stated a fact
So if it's impossible for unskilled, poorly educated Mexicans to legally come here, then does that mean there are no unskilled, poorly educated Mexican immigrants in the US?

Old 05-20-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Ok so apart from the ways of legal immigration that I listed, tell me what other forms there are?

Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
So if it's impossible for unskilled, poorly educated Mexicans to legally come here, then does that mean there are no unskilled, poorly educated Mexican immigrants in the US?
I listed family immigration, that does not require any kind of skill... I dont know if all the uneducated Mexican immigrants came using it...

But if you are so sure it is possible why wont you tell me how

Old 05-20-2011, 01:18 PM

The only other form I can think of is political assylum

Old 05-20-2011, 01:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Ok so apart from the ways of legal immigration that I listed, tell me what other forms there are?
You already stated the legal methods. That was my point. Some qualify, while others don’t. That’s life.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:31 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,247,333 times
Quote:
I listed family immigration, that does not require any kind of skill... I dont know if all the uneducated Mexican immigrants came using it...

But if you are so sure it is possible why wont you tell me how
If it's impossible, then we wouldn't have so many uneducated, poor skilled immigrants in the US, would we?

Old 05-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
If it's impossible, then we wouldn't have so many uneducated, poor skilled immigrants in the US, would we?
I already told you how a Mexican can immigrate to the US, so for a single individual with no education and no immediate family is pretty much impossible...

Now why are there uneducated, poor skilled immigrants...

- The amnesty that happened in the 80s
- Family immigration
- Marriage
- US Humanitarian programs when a poor country has a cathastrophe, for example:

TPS Designated Country: El Salvador
TPS Designated Country: Haiti
TPS Designated Country: Honduras
TPS Designated Country: Nicaragua
TPS Designated Country: Somalia
TPS Designated Country: Sudan

Other than this I dont know

Last edited by Lebowsky; 05-20-2011 at 01:50 PM..

Old 05-20-2011, 02:44 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,816,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Oh boy... You know this is sad... As an activist, you are very knowledgeable in the latest news regarding illegal immigration. You read a lot and I commend you for that. However, you lack the experience. That first hand experience is what counts. You can read all you want but it shows in your posts the lack of experience from someone that works or has connections with ICE, Immigration courts or direct interaction/contact with illegal immigrants would give you insight as to what really goes on. This is not meant as an insult. I really feel you are missing out on something.

A decade or more ago, border patrol would hardly even take finger prints when someone was apprehended for crossing the border illegally. They were let go on the other side of the border. Nowadays, most illegal immigrants that are caught crossing the border are documented. After ICE takes all the necessary data, finger prints, photo, etc. ICE will hold them until they get a full bus to transport them to back to Mexico. It may take hours, a few nights but the bus will not leave until it is full. I guess they figure it costs less to house them for a few nights than to transport them to the other side of the border.

If there is a red flag on the individual. Say someone that has crossed many times and ICE wants to book them on a felony for trespassing, that individual goes to court. If the illegal immigrant claims asylum, they are booked in and must wait their turn to go to court. This process is long and very difficult to pass. Most do not make it. I heard of someone stay six months and pay 8 thousand to a US attorney and still get deported at the end of their investigation and court. This is quite common.

I've known this to be the process for quite sometime but just in case, I made a few phone calls to legal residents that were once illegal and went through this process as well as a retired border patrol. Most of the immigration courts are concerning illegal immigrants that have been living in this country and are trying to become legal or avoid deportation. And yes, while a refugee in our ICE detention prisons, they are fed and given medication if they feel sick. I would not call this a free ride. No one wants free housing in jail.
I know you are an open border advocate but this is my understanding of how things are today. Illegals caught by Border Patrol are not entitled to a hearing but are quickly processed for deportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration