Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:36 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
513 in two trucks!! Wow that is absolutely disgusting.
Packed in like cattle. That's crazy stuff. It's good to see the Govt of these people have the same compassion the US tax payers do huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Good thing they stopped the Japanese guy from coming in!

Sadly, they are only starting to do this after the Zetas have killed 200 of them that are known.

Who knows how many of these illegals, the Zetas have just killed for fun.
The Japanese guy must be what passes for an idiot in Japan. He could get a 90 day visa just showing up at the airport and simply overstay.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:21 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wrong! When foreigners are caught entering our country illegally, they are generally detained, and “entitled” to a hearing, of course, at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. In the interim, they are fed, housed, and offered medical treatment, also at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. Some are simply released and given another opportunity to successfully cross. Rarely, are illegals deported “right away.” No, that would be inhumane. We must at least give them an opportunity to plead their case for remaining in this country. After all, many are crossing the border to be reunited with family.
Are they entitled to a hearing if they are caught in the act and don't claim asylum?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:26 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Are they entitled to a hearing if they are caught in the act and don't claim asylum?
I dunno, why don't you research Mexican law, find out and report back to us....

Old 05-20-2011, 01:14 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
"We" as in the USA don't follow the same procedures as Mexico. Mexico deported most of these illegals found in these 2 tractor trailers.
You and I are both saying the something. Immigrants that come from neighboring countries were on those buses, headed home. These are "most" of the immigrants. The rest, will either go back to their countries or stay in Mexico.

Quote:
"We" as in the USA would have handed them U visas, food stamps, welfare handouts for the rest of their lives.
This is pure assumption and exaggeration. ICE would have deported them as well. Most would not have qualified for a refugee visa and we don't provide welfare handouts for life.

Quote:
Mexico doesn't have a generous welfare program for it's own citizens, it's not going to turn over food stamps, WIC, free housing, free health care to people moving there illegally. Nothing nearly as generous as we provide.
No, Mexico doesn't cant even provide food stamps for its own citizens, much less for immigrants. However, if determined to qualify as refugees, Mexico does provide a stipend and temporary housing.

Quote:
Mexico actually deported these people.
Mexico deported most, not all. Watch the news.

Quote:
The USA does almost no deportation - you have to really beg to be deported -- maybe after the 6th DWI with injuries, or after a few murders you can be deported.
LOL... That is more exaggeration. The US does deport illegal immigrants. The majority of illegal immigrants attempting to cross the border and caught are all deported unless they claim asylum. The US has a more difficult time deporting illegal immigrants that have spent years in the US and set roots. However, the if they commit a crime, they are deported. Not after a "few murders", I've seen some get deported for holding a can a beer in public.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post

Mexico handles its illegals more effectively than our government does.
It sure does, I'll agree to that.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:26 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
LOL... That is more exaggeration. The US does deport illegal immigrants. The majority of illegal immigrants attempting to cross the border and caught are all deported unless they claim asylum. The US has a more difficult time deporting illegal immigrants that have spent years in the US and set roots. However, the if they commit a crime, they are deported. Not after a "few murders", I've seen some get deported for holding a can a beer in public.
Their physical presence in this country should be enough to get them kicked out of the country.

I don't care if the illegal family was here 20 years.... if the are illegal aliens, give 'em the boot.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wrong! When foreigners are caught entering our country illegally, they are generally detained, and “entitled” to a hearing, of course, at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. In the interim, they are fed, housed, and offered medical treatment, also at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. Some are simply released and given another opportunity to successfully cross. Rarely, are illegals deported “right away.” No, that would be inhumane. We must at least give them an opportunity to plead their case for remaining in this country. After all, many are crossing the border to be reunited with family.
Oh boy... You know this is sad... As an activist, you are very knowledgeable in the latest news regarding illegal immigration. You read a lot and I commend you for that. However, you lack the experience. That first hand experience is what counts. You can read all you want but it shows in your posts the lack of experience from someone that works or has connections with ICE, Immigration courts or direct interaction/contact with illegal immigrants would give you insight as to what really goes on. This is not meant as an insult. I really feel you are missing out on something.

A decade or more ago, border patrol would hardly even take finger prints when someone was apprehended for crossing the border illegally. They were let go on the other side of the border. Nowadays, most illegal immigrants that are caught crossing the border are documented. After ICE takes all the necessary data, finger prints, photo, etc. ICE will hold them until they get a full bus to transport them to back to Mexico. It may take hours, a few nights but the bus will not leave until it is full. I guess they figure it costs less to house them for a few nights than to transport them to the other side of the border.

If there is a red flag on the individual. Say someone that has crossed many times and ICE wants to book them on a felony for trespassing, that individual goes to court. If the illegal immigrant claims asylum, they are booked in and must wait their turn to go to court. This process is long and very difficult to pass. Most do not make it. I heard of someone stay six months and pay 8 thousand to a US attorney and still get deported at the end of their investigation and court. This is quite common.

I've known this to be the process for quite sometime but just in case, I made a few phone calls to legal residents that were once illegal and went through this process as well as a retired border patrol. Most of the immigration courts are concerning illegal immigrants that have been living in this country and are trying to become legal or avoid deportation. And yes, while a refugee in our ICE detention prisons, they are fed and given medication if they feel sick. I would not call this a free ride. No one wants free housing in jail.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Their physical presence in this country should be enough to get them kicked out of the country.

I don't care if the illegal family was here 20 years.... if the are illegal aliens, give 'em the boot.
And your opinion is respected but there are laws that protect these individuals and I have seen way too many cases where the immigration judge allows them to stay.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
You and I are both saying the something. Immigrants that come from neighboring countries were on those buses, headed home. These are "most" of the immigrants. The rest, will either go back to their countries or stay in Mexico.

This is pure assumption and exaggeration. ICE would have deported them as well. Most would not have qualified for a refugee visa and we don't provide welfare handouts for life.

No, Mexico doesn't cant even provide food stamps for its own citizens, much less for immigrants. However, if determined to qualify as refugees, Mexico does provide a stipend and temporary housing.

Mexico deported most, not all. Watch the news.

Very few illegals are ever deported. Yes, if they catch them actually coming over the border, they send them back, but once they're a few feet inside the border, they're pretty much home free and can do whatever they please and nothing will happen.

Not many are deported for simply holding a beer can in public and there would have been something else going on. And yes I do know of some deportees, one guy here got in a bar fight in a Mexican bar that caters to illegals and green card holders, the bar owners called the police to get the fight ended but only one guy got sent back. He's happy enough back home anyhow that he says he's not coming back here, he got in on some Mexican government program that helps returning farmers get back on their feet.

Another guy was dealing drugs and got caught, he didn't go back home but is staying in Juarez trying to get friends to lend him the money -- he needs $500 more to get back over but as he has alcohol and drug problems he can't manage to save up his own money. Since he doesn't pay money back, even his girlfriend won't lend him money.

I know of another guy that was deported after he got out of prison for drug trafficking, and another that had too many DWIs with accidents.

The border patrol is limited to the actual border. After that point, there's little enforcement of any laws, illegals can be stopped and found with no license or liability insurance and are just allowed to continue on their way, the cops don't bother writing them tickets because they give fake addresses and aren't going to pay anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration