U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 10:41 AM

157 posts, read 430,027 times

Advertisements

When I worked in long term care facilities there was a legend going around about a nursing assistant who bragged about marrying one of the men she provided care for. When he died, she made out like a fat cat, real estate in California is quite a hefty investment. She garnered quite an illustrious reputation in her community for her skills at working the American dream.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 10:54 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
But it still makes more sense to deport convicted ones right? There must be some kind of budget for this operations, if they focus on on convicted illegal immigrants that just makes the process much better.
Does it make sense to release over 500,000 “convicted” illegal alien criminals? That is precisely what happened. Moreover, how many illegal miscreants are roaming our streets that have not been caught? Should we wait until they rape, maim, or kill to consider them a threat? All apprehended illegals, regardless of arrest/conviction records, should be summarily deported.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:54 AM

20,014 posts, read 20,509,618 times
Quote:
I work with alot of elderly people in my job, and many of them are lonely, men, whose wives have died, and their families live far away. The men usually get a care taker, sometimes from an agency...usually a woman who does not speak much English...and these elderly men depend on these women to help them with their activities of daily living, bathing, cooking, dressing, shopping, and become quite attached to these women...which is fine...the issue is...I have seen this happen several times now, is that they get married, and the MINUTE the woman gets her papers that she is legal, she cleans out the account, and leaves.
Are we suspose to sympathize with these older men who knowingly marry a yonger woman they hardly know who is obviously not legal because they are either horney or to lazy to care for themselves or to cheap to hire help and then get ripped off. Its no different then men that marry mail order brides half their age and end up getting taken to the cleaners.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes2 View Post
When I worked in long term care facilities there was a legend going around about a nursing assistant who bragged about marrying one of the men she provided care for. When he died, she made out like a fat cat, real estate in California is quite a hefty investment. She garnered quite an illustrious reputation in her community for her skills at working the American dream.
What immigration status did she have before marrying him? It also sounds like she stuck by him until death. How would have estate been willed had she not been married to him?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Are we suspose to sympathize with these older men who knowingly marry a yonger woman they hardly know who is obviously not legal because they are either horney or to lazy to care for themselves or to cheap to hire help and then get ripped off. Its no different then men that marry mail order brides half their age and end up getting taken to the cleaners.
Thank you! While these scams are indeed disgusting, they have existed for many, many years. Actually, the referenced men, albeit vulnerable, are considered to be adults of sound mind, so nothing can be done to prevent them from being exploited. They should consider assisted living facilities. If they can afford the services of these “caregivers,” they can certainly afford to live in a facility where they can receive “no-strings” assistance.

If they are lonely and simply “shopping” for companionship, they should be more discriminating. Moreover, marriage scams are not restricted to lonely, elderly men. It happens daily to stupid men of all ages.

No offense men, but rarely do you hear of women falling for such nonsense. Likewise, it is rare for women to pay for sex. Yes, these women are scum. However, the men should think with their brain, rather than their penis.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I work with alot of elderly people in my job, and many of them are lonely, men, whose wives have died, and their families live far away. The men usually get a care taker, sometimes from an agency...usually a woman who does not speak much English...and these elderly men depend on these women to help them with their activities of daily living, bathing, cooking, dressing, shopping, and become quite attached to these women...which is fine...the issue is...I have seen this happen several times now, is that they get married, and the MINUTE the woman gets her papers that she is legal, she cleans out the account, and leaves.

I have now heard this same story, several times...what on earth is the ETHICS of these women?!

We need to stop the women who come here, and prey on lonely, elderly men...yes, these men do need to be protected from this type of emotional abuse.

One guy I spoke with today, his wife called the police on him, for domestic violence, and now, he has been researching this...after she left him...and found out that if he had been charged, she could have stayed here legally earlier...

And these men feel so hurt, and used, that they don't report this at all, to anyone...and just sort of discuss it, with a sigh...and think that maybe she will come back one day...

This is a crime, and not even reported...or even investigated in any newspapers that I have seen on this issue. And it is happening every day here ...
We had an elderly client/developer (80) not in great health, who fell for this scam. He married his 30 year old El Salvadorian maid and I could not wait to stick around to see the end of that story. Sad is right.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 AM

3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We had an elderly client/developer (80) not in great health, who fell for this scam. He married his 30 year old El Salvadorian maid and I could not wait to stick around to see the end of that story. Sad is right.
Was she in the country legally or did Immigration approve a marriage between an 80 year old man and the 30 year old illegal alien he illegally hired?

Old 05-20-2011, 06:18 PM

722 posts, read 1,534,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga View Post
Criminals will commit crimes, whether with legal status or without.

Nothing new here.
Except illegal aliens have no right to be here in the first place. They have already commited a crime by sneaking into the country.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:11 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
It makes sense, record deportations under obama....

There were a record number of illegal aliens invading America too.

Yup, lets give obama all the credit he deserves......
Let's give credit where credit is due...most of this, and the worst of it, occurred on Bush's watch.

They're BOTH guilty.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:50 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
True - but still - why do our immigration laws favor these scummy con artists and block the better quality would-be immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or