U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,362,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
I was trying to point out that I do not see a violent movement to take over the US. I do see the problem with the large number of illegal immigrants crossing to the US and I agree it needs to be controlled, so I can agree to a fear of a cultural takeover to some extent, depending on what you think it means...

Separatist Hispanic groups are definitely not part of the main Hispanic movement seeking amnesty or a solution to the migration problem... these groups are exploited by anti-illegal (and sometimes even legal) migration to spark fear among Americans. Hispanic illegal immigrants are asking for inclusion.
And we are asking that they go back to where they came from and apply to re-enter LEGALLY! They do not hold the proper and legal permissions required to live and work in this country legally. As Americans there are laws that we are ALL expected to follow, respect and obey. Legal immigrants to this country are also expected to follow, respect and obey these same laws after they have arrived here through LEGAL channels. It is not fair, nor is it right, to make such gross exceptions to these rules, laws and regulations for those who do NOT follow them as required. It is a willful and arrogant disregard for our laws, culture, way of life and society.

Sadly, there are children who suffer due to the irresponsible and illegal actions of their parents. There are people who are now grown adults who will continue to suffer because of these same irresponsible actions. But we, as a society, cannot be expected to pay the price for the actions of these people who willfully disregarded our laws! At the very least they should be forced to pay heavy fines to help support the system they have taken from for so many years, while not paying back into it, as well as sending their illegally gained money back to their countries of origin in order to bring MORE relatives over illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 04:09 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
I was trying to point out that I do not see a violent movement to take over the US. I do see the problem with the large number of illegal immigrants crossing to the US and I agree it needs to be controlled, so I can agree to a fear of a cultural takeover to some extent, depending on what you think it means...

Separatist Hispanic groups are definitely not part of the main Hispanic movement seeking amnesty or a solution to the migration problem... these groups are exploited by anti-illegal (and sometimes even legal) migration to spark fear among Americans. Hispanic illegal immigrants are asking for inclusion.
It doesn't have to be a violent movement in order for it to occur, however. It is being done through illegal immigration and high birthrates. This cultural takeover will mean we will resemble South America/Mexico culturally. Would Latinos welcome a takeover culturally by a non-Latino group via illegal immigration? I don't think so.

It has been my experience that many if not most Hispanics are seeking amnesty for their illegal counterparts. Look at Hispanic politicians nearly all of them are advocates for these illegals. Illegal immigrants regardless of their ethnicity will never be included in our society nor should they be.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM

913 posts, read 735,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
The would call out their army and start shooting if we refused to leave
and then the White House would say that Mexico "has the right to prevent unauthorized crossing at its borders." The White House would also accuse the border states of inciting deadly border clashes between Mexican troops and American immigrants.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Once these illegal aliens understand the following I'll be happy:
I second that!!!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:04 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
The family in question had only been in the country six years. It may take them some months to adjust to their new environment but they will do fine. It comes at a perfect time when the children are still small and, according to the video, they don't speak Spanish. They can pick up the language fast.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 AM

15,924 posts, read 16,853,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The family in question had only been in the country six years. It may take them some months to adjust to their new environment but they will do fine. It comes at a perfect time when the children are still small and, according to the video, they don't speak Spanish. They can pick up the language fast.
Who cares if they adjust easily or not, they were here illegally and are now back where they belong.

Maybe if the Mexican government would care for it's population tear jerker situations like this wouldn't have occurred.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,051 times
Quote:
Yep:

Kids do learn fast especialy if there parents speak the same language.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Agreed -- just as they do fine when they come here illegally. More illegals should follow suit. At least then, they wont have to whine about racism and living in the shadows. Of course, unless they are light-skinned Mexicans, they will still face discrimination, but at least it will be from their fellow countrymen, and not the loathsome gringos.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Yep:

Kids do learn fast especialy if there parents speak the same language.
It's highly unlikely that this family forget it's mother tongue in 6 years.

And funny it didn't matter to them that when they came, they came to a country with a different language none of them understood, it only matters on the return trip home?

Old 05-25-2011, 08:41 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's highly unlikely that this family forget it's mother tongue in 6 years.

And funny it didn't matter to them that when they came, they came to a country with a different language none of them understood, it only matters on the return trip home?
Ironic, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration