Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Again does not matter what any of us Americans feel. Dems and Repubs in Power don't seem to care what we think, they are both guilty in my opinion, of skirting over this issue. Too many excuses being made on why we should make them legal with this President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 01:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Do these illegal "migrants" think they hold a monopoly on hardship? My son's father-in-law will be out of work in September because the factory he has worked at for 18 years in the UK is closing down all of its operations. His wife, an experienced professinal baker, can't find work in her field and is now working independently cleaning other people's homes. My friend who lives in Uganda was chased by government police a few weeks ago. They wanted to arrest him for WALKING to university instead of taking the bus. The bus companies quadrupled their prices, becoming too expensive to use, which caused a strike against the company. Those who refused to continue using the buses and chose to walk were being arrested and then were told that if they didn't take the buses they would be banned from attending the university. How's that for misery and unfairness? These illegal Mexicans need to stop with the ridiculous sob stories.
Agreed...and they put themselves in that situation anyway!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 02:57 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Read this and try to cry for them:

Desempleo en México | El Economista

La tasa de desempleo en el país en el primer trimestre de 2011 fue de 5.2% de la PEA, cifra ligeramente menor al 5.3% registrado el igual periodo de 2010.

Desempleo cae a su menor nivel en dos años

El INEGI informó que la tasa de desocupación se ubicó en 4.61% durante marzo, frente al 5.38% registrado en febrero.

For those who didn't learn their Spanish yet as you've been instructed to do -- those are unemployment figures for Mexico.

The first is comparing a 5.2% unemployment rate for the first quarter of 2011 with last year's first quarter unemployment of 5.3%. The second is regarding Mexico's falling unemployment rate. 4.61% in March compared with 5.38% in February.

Americans would envy the low unemployment rates that Mexico has. These sob stories are almost a joke, but the sad thing is that high unemployment rates are not lowering the immigration rates, immigration rates went up in 2010.
Wonder how Mexico would feel if we all went to Mexico looking for work? You know, just show up one day by the millions and demand benifits and food stamps as well as citizenship.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:00 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Do these illegal "migrants" think they hold a monopoly on hardship? My son's father-in-law will be out of work in September because the factory he has worked at for 18 years in the UK is closing down all of its operations. His wife, an experienced professinal baker, can't find work in her field and is now working independently cleaning other people's homes. My friend who lives in Uganda was chased by government police a few weeks ago. They wanted to arrest him for WALKING to university instead of taking the bus. The bus companies quadrupled their prices, becoming too expensive to use, which caused a strike against the company. Those who refused to continue using the buses and chose to walk were being arrested and then were told that if they didn't take the buses they would be banned from attending the university. How's that for misery and unfairness? These illegal Mexicans need to stop with the ridiculous sob stories.
I feel for the U.K They have been so generous to immigrants that they are losing their country and culture. My friend's mom is from London and she says that most of the products she loved back in London have Arabic along with English written on them. Sound familiar? We are looking at our future. We see what happens in France when they try to maintain the French culture and the riots break out. We see this in London. So God give us strength when and if we should cut the benefits off for the illegals.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:03 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Wonder how Mexico would feel if we all went to Mexico looking for work? You know, just show up one day by the millions and demand benifits and food stamps as well as citizenship.
The would call out their army and start shooting if we refused to leave

Old 05-22-2011, 09:13 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
I feel for the U.K They have been so generous to immigrants that they are losing their country and culture. My friend's mom is from London and she says that most of the products she loved back in London have Arabic along with English written on them. Sound familiar? We are looking at our future. We see what happens in France when they try to maintain the French culture and the riots break out. We see this in London. So God give us strength when and if we should cut the benefits off for the illegals.
It's probably Urdu, not Arabic. And I lived in various European countries, the UK included, during the 2000s. I was last in London four years ago and saw no evidence of this (mass market products bearing dual-language labeling).

However...

There has been massive immigration to the UK in the last 15 years and it has created a great deal of tension. And the policies of various British governments towards Islamic dissidents laid the groundwork for the extremists at the Finsbury Park Mosque to indoctrinate a generation of British Muslim youth.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:43 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post

Let's play the freakin violin!

They got themselves in it, they can get out!

Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,484,018 times
Quote:
I lived in the UK (Newcastle upon Tyne) from Feb. 2001 until Oct. 2008. My current husband is British, as is my new daughter-in-law. While living there during the 9/11 attack we had to be moved to another house for our own protection because a gang of Muslim youths were targeting us. There are entire estates in the North East of England where the only language seen on signs or spoken is one form or another of Arabic/Urdu. The rest of England is just as bad. Birmingham in particular is a nightmare for anyone who is not of Middle Eastern extraction, as is Bradford, just outside Leeds. Entire towns in Scotland have also been over-run and heroin coming in from the Middle East is also tearing the British nation apart. I was glad to escape, as was my husband. My son, American born and from my first marriage, arrived home from the UK last week, along with my daughter-in-law They won't be going back, either. London is constantly dealing with Muslim protesters in the streets and they are very threatening with their violent language.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
I lived in the UK (Newcastle upon Tyne) from Feb. 2001 until Oct. 2008. My current husband is British, as is my new daughter-in-law. While living there during the 9/11 attack we had to be moved to another house for our own protection because a gang of Muslim youths were targeting us. There are entire estates in the North East of England where the only language seen on signs or spoken is one form or another of Arabic/Urdu. The rest of England is just as bad. Birmingham in particular is a nightmare for anyone who is not of Middle Eastern extraction, as is Bradford, just outside Leeds. Entire towns in Scotland have also been over-run and heroin coming in from the Middle East is also tearing the British nation apart. I was glad to escape, as was my husband. My son, American born and from my first marriage, arrived home from the UK last week, along with my daughter-in-law They won't be going back, either. London is constantly dealing with Muslim protesters in the streets and they are very threatening with their violent language.
Our illegals are probably a little better than that.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:49 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
The biggest lie of this piece. My son speaks barely any Spanish. Yet this dude speaks ZERO English after 6 years here. I guess they communicate with those flags used on air craft carriers to bring in ships? What a load.

Hey look, it's time for dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration