U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-21-2011, 04:41 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,615,190 times
Default Mexican migrants find hardship at home

YouTube - ‪Mexican returnees find hardship at home - 2 Dec 2008‬‏

Its no piece of cake here either.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-21-2011, 04:45 PM

16,717 posts, read 6,262,372 times
When we were born, no one slapeed us on our behinds, and said, life will be a bowl of cheeries, life is much more complicated then that. No matter where one lives.

Unread 05-21-2011, 04:52 PM

8,115 posts, read 9,591,459 times
I can't seem to locate my bleeding heart after watching this crap. I think of all the people I know right here in our community that are losing their homes and have already lost their jobs. I think of the tent cities that house so many of our people that have no family to fall back on. Why the heck should we feel so obligated to feed Mexico when they hate us no matter what we hand them? It is never enough.

Unread 05-21-2011, 05:28 PM

14,712 posts, read 7,420,466 times
Geez, his employer demanded to see his papers, him and his family being illegal aliens decided to go home.

What a heart lifting story, another group of illegal aliens back across the border where they belong.

Man I could watch these videos all day long

They got problems living back where they belong?

And that is any problem/concern of mine?

Unread 05-21-2011, 06:31 PM

45,524 posts, read 29,712,039 times
Now for a real sad video, let's watch Americans running out of unemployment benefits.

Unread 05-21-2011, 07:18 PM

14,712 posts, read 7,420,466 times
Nahhhh, lets watch whales get harpooned by the Japanese........

Unread 05-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Status: "What has 2 thumbs and a new job? THIS GAL!" (set 12 days ago)

13,564 posts, read 10,615,457 times
To hell with them, who cares.

Unread 05-22-2011, 11:03 AM

2,620 posts, read 2,935,287 times
Do these illegal "migrants" think they hold a monopoly on hardship? My son's father-in-law will be out of work in September because the factory he has worked at for 18 years in the UK is closing down all of its operations. His wife, an experienced professinal baker, can't find work in her field and is now working independently cleaning other people's homes. My friend who lives in Uganda was chased by government police a few weeks ago. They wanted to arrest him for WALKING to university instead of taking the bus. The bus companies quadrupled their prices, becoming too expensive to use, which caused a strike against the company. Those who refused to continue using the buses and chose to walk were being arrested and then were told that if they didn't take the buses they would be banned from attending the university. How's that for misery and unfairness? These illegal Mexicans need to stop with the ridiculous sob stories.

Unread 05-22-2011, 12:37 PM

45,524 posts, read 29,712,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I can't seem to locate my bleeding heart after watching this crap. I think of all the people I know right here in our community that are losing their homes and have already lost their jobs. I think of the tent cities that house so many of our people that have no family to fall back on. Why the heck should we feel so obligated to feed Mexico when they hate us no matter what we hand them? It is never enough.
Read this and try to cry for them:

Desempleo en México | El Economista
Moderator cut: English only, please
For those who didn't learn their Spanish yet as you've been instructed to do -- those are unemployment figures for Mexico.

The first is comparing a 5.2% unemployment rate for the first quarter of 2011 with last year's first quarter unemployment of 5.3%. The second is regarding Mexico's falling unemployment rate. 4.61% in March compared with 5.38% in February.

Americans would envy the low unemployment rates that Mexico has. These sob stories are almost a joke, but the sad thing is that high unemployment rates are not lowering the immigration rates, immigration rates went up in 2010.

Last edited by Yac; 05-23-2011 at 06:38 AM..

Unread 05-22-2011, 01:14 PM

3,521 posts, read 2,511,375 times
I don't feel bad for those people. They're illegals, that means they're criminals. There are 3.5 million homeless people in the U.S., 1.35 million of those are children.

National Coalition for the Homeless

Homelessness matters more than people who are deported because they broke the law. There are also mexicans whom migrated here legally. This wouldn't have happened to this family and others like them if they had actually come here through legal channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration