U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:04 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,029,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
FYI, it's Santa Ana, Ca
Yeah, I forgot the General's name...

Good catch about the extra 'n' though, when everyone else was moping about tax dollars...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 PM

32,999 posts, read 30,260,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Jail Administration Division (with what looks to be improper bulleting):

"...[Santa Ana Jail] Inmate housing contracts include:
  • U.S. Marshal
    • Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    • State Parole
    • Drug Court
    • California Youth Authority
  • Courtesy holds for various agencies
These contracts have resulted in nearly $10 million annually in revenues, sufficiently funding the jail operations..."

What was that about existing on taxpayer (local to Santa Ana, California) dollars?...
I'm sorry but who are you quoting, you?

Old 05-25-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm sorry but who are you quoting, you?
The Santa Ana Jail Administration page, didn't you see the link?...

It's called "sourcing" the data...

Old 05-26-2011, 05:27 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,100,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Regardless of the disorder, whether physical or mental, U.S. taxpayers should not be forced to foot the bill for people who are here in violation of our laws. If he/she wants hormone treatment, he/she should be required to pay, not taxpayers. Is there anything you wonít defend when illegals are the beneficiary?
I guess you can petion your state to withold funds for medical treatment to incarcerated illegal aliens; but since states DO provide medical treatment to incarcerated illegal aliens, then the question for the state is...is the "treatment" requested by this incarcerated illegal alien needed or elective?

If California's medical professionals and the state decide that it is needed, then they must follow their procedures. If you or any other person does not approve the California's medical treatment of incarcerated illegal aliens...then change the policy.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This has been brought up before and the answer is a HE(( yes there would be a discussion. It's more money being thrown at people that not only don't belong here but broke laws to get here.

For someone so wound about law per the Constitution you don't seem to really care what other laws are being broke. There is more to law than just the Constitution.
Are you still talking about this incarcerated alien? I dont know of all the crimes they are being chargd with, But I understand they are appealing their deportation[which is legal and constitutional].

When did I defend any crime[s] this person is charged with committing[defending a person charged with crimes is constitutional]?

To say that providing incarcerated illegal aliens with medical treatment[legal] is wrong because they broke the law to be here is ridiculous...eveyone in prison was convicted of commiting a crime; should they also be denied medical treatment because the broke the law? Of course not.

Under the constitution, why would breaking the law to get here[illegal immigration] change the way one is treated under the very same constitution?

Defending the ridiculous is Un-constitutional...

Old 05-26-2011, 06:34 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,857,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I guess you can petion your state to withold funds for medical treatment to incarcerated illegal aliens; but since states DO provide medical treatment to incarcerated illegal aliens, then the question for the state is...is the "treatment" requested by this incarcerated illegal alien needed or elective?

If California's medical professionals and the state decide that it is needed, then they must follow their procedures. If you or any other person does not approve the California's medical treatment of incarcerated illegal aliens...then change the policy.
Medical treatment? This man will not die if he canít receive hormones to make him feel like a woman. He will not go into cardiac arrest, his lungs will not fill with fluid, his brain will not hemorrhage, and he will not develop a malignant tumor, or any other life-threatening condition, simply because his hormone treatment is discontinued. He even admits to feigning a suicide attempt as an attention-seeking ploy. This man is full of crap. But, as usual, your response is that I should petition the state, change the policy. . . .

Medical professionals understand the difference between emergency medical treatment and elective procedures. Therefore, there should be no question as to whether this particular hormone treatment is essential for the preservation of life. This is simply another example of tax dollars being squandered on illegals.

I suppose California has such a huge budget surplus that it can well afford to pamper incarcerated illegal aliens. If Iím not mistaken, it was also CA that authorized a penis pump implant for an illegal in detention. Now, thatís life-saving medical intervention for sure.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Are you still talking about this incarcerated alien? I dont know of all the crimes they are being chargd with, But I understand they are appealing their deportation[which is legal and constitutional].

When did I defend any crime[s] this person is charged with committing[defending a person charged with crimes is constitutional]?

To say that providing incarcerated illegal aliens with medical treatment[legal] is wrong because they broke the law to be here is ridiculous...eveyone in prison was convicted of commiting a crime; should they also be denied medical treatment because the broke the law? Of course not.

Under the constitution, why would breaking the law to get here[illegal immigration] change the way one is treated under the very same constitution?
Defending the ridiculous is Un-constitutional...
Where in the Constitution does it require taxpayers to provide treatment for non-life-threatening conditions for incarcerated illegal aliens? I must have missed it.

Defending the ridiculous is unconstitutional? Then, pro-illegals violate the Constitution on a daily basis.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Where in the Constitution does it require taxpayers to provide treatment for non-life-threatening conditions for incarcerated illegal aliens? I must have missed it.

Defending the ridiculous is unconstitutional? Then, pro-illegals violate the Constitution on a daily basis.
You asked me a question that I never put forward...I no where stated that It was in the constitution that incarcerated illegal aliens must be provided taxpayer funded treatment of non-life threatening conditions.

this is what I stated in reference to the US Cosntitution...
Quote:
This is what I said about providing treatment to incarcerated illegal aliens...
Quote:
As you see in the first, the question had noting to do with medical treatment...and the constitution.

In the second statement, I was commentiong on the legal practice of providing medical treatment to incarcerated illegal aliens and did not rference the US Costitution...

You took both statements and combined them to make a ridiculous conclusion I never supported...

the repsone you are quoting from is from a statement made by a prior poster...
Quote:
For someone so wound about law per the Constitution you don't seem to really care what other laws are being broke. There is more to law than just the Constitution.

So I sugest if you have a problem with California's use of "Tax Funds" to offer medical treatment to incarcerated aliens, then you work to change California's procedures...

the same response that I alread gave you in a prior post...

Quote:
How more clearly do I need to state it...

Old 05-26-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
You asked me a question that I never put forward...I no where stated that It was in the constitution that incarcerated illegal aliens must be provided taxpayer funded treatment of non-life threatening conditions.

this is what I stated in reference to the US Cosntitution...

This is what I said about providing treatment to incarcerated illegal aliens...

As you see in the first, the question had noting to do with medical treatment...and the constitution.

In the second statement, I was commentiong on the legal practice of providing medical treatment to incarcerated illegal aliens and did not rference the US Costitution...

You took both statements and combined them to make a ridiculous conclusion I never supported...

the repsone you are quoting from is from a statement made by a prior poster...

So I sugest if you have a problem with California's use of "Tax Funds" to offer medical treatment to incarcerated aliens, then you work to change California's procedures...

the same response that I alread gave you in a prior post...

How more clearly do I need to state it...
You referenced the Constitution, as you do in MOST of your posts. Therefore, I asked you a legitimate question, ďWhere in the Constitution does it require taxpayers to provide incarcerated illegal aliens with medical treatment for non-life-threatening conditions?Ē If you donít want to answer my question, so be it. Move on.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:32 AM

ICE (among other agencies) has a contract with the jail. It is Federal funds for running the agency tasked with enforcing immigration laws. To bandy about terms like "taxpayer expense" on this specific case isn't relevant at all.

Sure there are going to be inefficiencies and funding that you may not like, but treatment for this single individual is not going to break that budget...

"...These contracts have resulted in nearly $10 million annually in revenues, sufficiently funding the jail operations..."

It sounds like the City of Santa Ana is doing well enough to sustain its jail operations...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or