U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,239,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Try reading any of the pro-illegal blogs and forums and you will see plenty of hate being spewed by them in particular against white Americans for the rule of law.

I have many videos saved depicting their nonsense that all white Americans are here illegally and should go back to Europe (ironic that these same individuals have Spanish ancestry, isn't it?) They call us racists, xenophobes, etc. If that isn't promoting hate then I don't know is.
I knoqw what you mean. Some of my own cousins have that same la raza attitude. I dont talk to them any more. They get real mad when I tell thm that Hispanic culture started with the WHITE Spaniards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 09:21 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,104,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
I knoqw what you mean. Some of my own cousins have that same la raza attitude. I dont talk to them any more. They get real mad when I tell thm that Hispanic culture started with the WHITE Spaniards.
I actually don't get why they call themselves Brown because they speak Spanish.

There are white & black hispanics.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Not only that - if they knew anything of the history of Mexico, they'd realize that the "brown" isn't just from some Aztec Indians but also the African slaves brought in by the Spaiards.

Mestiso does not mean pure Native Mexican Indian. The Indians mostly died out from the smallpox epidemics, many who survived were mixed with European or African or other. Or the Indians died of old age but their children and grandchildren were mixing with the former slaves and Spaniards - plus the French and German and others who arrived.

At one time in the early history of Mexico, the Indian population had falled so low and was about the same as the slave population. So where did the slaves go? They never left Mexico, they ended up in it's melting pot, along with everyone else.

Those La Raza types who are so into the idea of some Aztec paradise where anyone who isn't 100% Atzec Indian has to go need to start packing their bags also.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:04 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
You are right that there can be groups promoting hate, but the illegal immigration "movement" is not asking for a war/separation/attack/etc of America... Saying that illegal immigrants asking to be allowed to schools is promoting hate is also a lie, and I assure you you can also find that the internet is full with lies against illegal immigrants... I have been to immigration rallies before I fully formed my view on illegal immigration and I never saw a movement that promoted hate...

I don't know who you talked to but if that person is promoting violence he is bound to fail. Violent attacks against Americans, or American symbols do not get my sympathy.
They do promote hate. When you see their signs, they will have crap like Europeans out, and that this is their land. They have some idiotic notion that this is some kind of reconquista, that as Mexican Indians they are retaking the land once ruled by their Aztec forbears.

The fact is that no Mexican Indian ever lived in Georgia, traveled to Georgia. It's doubtful that before the Europeans arrived that an Aztec ever traveled north of the existing border. Never. The Aztecs ruled a small diameter of land near Mexico City.

There was no Mexico until the Spaniards came and started claiming this and that land for it, and establishing borders for it.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:41 AM

254 posts, read 520,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Try reading any of the pro-illegal blogs and forums and you will see plenty of hate being spewed by them in particular against white Americans for the rule of law.

I have many videos saved depicting their nonsense that all white Americans are here illegally and should go back to Europe (ironic that these same individuals have Spanish ancestry, isn't it?) They call us racists, xenophobes, etc. If that isn't promoting hate then I don't know is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not only that - if they knew anything of the history of Mexico, they'd realize that the "brown" isn't just from some Aztec Indians but also the African slaves brought in by the Spaiards.

Mestiso does not mean pure Native Mexican Indian. The Indians mostly died out from the smallpox epidemics, many who survived were mixed with European or African or other. Or the Indians died of old age but their children and grandchildren were mixing with the former slaves and Spaniards - plus the French and German and others who arrived.

At one time in the early history of Mexico, the Indian population had falled so low and was about the same as the slave population. So where did the slaves go? They never left Mexico, they ended up in it's melting pot, along with everyone else.

Those La Raza types who are so into the idea of some Aztec paradise where anyone who isn't 100% Atzec Indian has to go need to start packing their bags also.
Quote:
They do promote hate. When you see their signs, they will have crap like Europeans out, and that this is their land. They have some idiotic notion that this is some kind of reconquista, that as Mexican Indians they are retaking the land once ruled by their Aztec forbears.

The fact is that no Mexican Indian ever lived in Georgia, traveled to Georgia. It's doubtful that before the Europeans arrived that an Aztec ever traveled north of the existing border. Never. The Aztecs ruled a small diameter of land near Mexico City.

There was no Mexico until the Spaniards came and started claiming this and that land for it, and establishing borders for it.
You keep hovering over the same point, hate groups that promote violence... I can assure you that there are multiple hate groups as well that despise illegal immigration for purely racial reasons.

Those groups, in both sides of the coin, exist but their views are not shared by the majority. I have looked at videos like those before and I don't think these sub-groups will achieve anything.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Quote:

Actually it is those of mixed blood (Aztec, Mayan, etc.) and Spanish that they are ok with also.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:

You're right, the Aztecs never occupied any part of the U.S. Not even the southwest of the U.S.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
You keep hovering over the same point, hate groups that promote violence... I can assure you that there are multiple hate groups as well that despise illegal immigration for purely racial reasons.

Those groups, in both sides of the coin, exist but their views are not shared by the majority. I have looked at videos like those before and I don't think these sub-groups will achieve anything.
You're right, the violent ones on each side are among the minority but the pro-illegal side also uses the violent side of the the anti-illegals to promote their agenda and to smear them all.

The fact remains however that the majority of Hispanic-Americans although not usually violent are advocates for these illegal aliens and that is why they are despised.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:44 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,387,732 times
Quote:
I already said it is impossible for them to do it

A few only?

Quit your insults

By regularizing low skilled migration you can achieve better working conditions for both immigrants and Americans

Thanks for the generalization.
This makes no sense at all. How can a group of low skilled criminals command better working conditions? Make them legal and they're still low skilled, poorly educated foreigners who largely don't even speak English.

Our own low skilled laborers have done literally earned no raises in the last decades. What makes you think foreigners will be any more successful even if you grant them citizenship? All you'll do is lower wages even further for both groups. How is that fair? Worse, you'll grant even more access to the welfare system to foreign nationals. They barely earn anything now because they have no skills. Legalize them and you won't magically turn them into desireable employees. Instead all you'll do give them official access to the American welfare system and permission to dip into the public till to get government subsidies such as food stamps and the EITC.

In effect legalization will punish both the American working class in the form of increased competition for jobs and the middle class in the form of higher taxes to support welfare for low skilled foreigners.

That's utterly insane.

In the meantime stop insulting legal immigrants by comparing them to illegals. The two are very different.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM

4,071 posts, read 4,968,677 times
These students should be made to retake the first grade so they can be taught what the word illegal means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or