Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,941,485 times

Advertisements

I am sure that they didn't want to do that either. I guess I don't see the point of such an action. Risking your own education is not taking a stand. Going to a Rally, writing to representatives and getting involved in the community makes a lot more sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Moderator cut: English only, please

They don't give a damn about America. Illegals know America is great, but don't want to sacrifice coming here legally.

The way my ancestors had to do, and it was not easy, finding work, and getting into the main stream of things way way back when, was so much harder then. Things were not handed to my ancestors on a silver platter, they had to work and start from scratch. Learned English and in the home to the children, spoke only English, but Italian to the adults.

When the kids got older they did learn Italian if they chose to. This is what i am doing now, it is a thank you to my ancestors, who did come here for a better way of life, earning every penny the hard way. I am now teachng myself Italian, i am just as proud of my heritage as the next guy.

But make no mistake about it, I am an American before all others, with Italian heritage, but appreciating the older i get, understanding what it means to sort of go back to one's roots. I am a very happy American, but very proud also of my Italian heritage, where without the foresight of my ancestors, would not be living as good as i am today. Not a thing was given to my ancestors, they had to do everything the hard way, and did believe in very hard work.

Vivere una motlo buona vita! Living a very good life!

Last edited by Yac; 05-27-2011 at 03:02 AM..

Old 05-26-2011, 05:24 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
California-jewel, Welcome to you and yours...

Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 PM

254 posts, read 590,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Americas 1ST Amendment does not shield from spreading hate messages, unfortunately.

Hateful statement? Suggesting that truth be told? Wow. How in the world does the brain decipher hate with truth? Lies promoting hate is what I am strictly opposing. Perhaps a look at the message to these kids would enlighten where the hate message falls.
How are they promoting hate?

Old 05-26-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Non donno un maledetto dell America!

Illegale sa che l'America e' grande, ma non vuole sacrificare per essere qui legalmente.

They don't give a damn about America. Illegals know America is great, but don't want to sacrifice coming here legally.

The way my ancestors had to do, and it was not easy, finding work, and getting into the main stream of things way way back when, was so much harder then. Things were not handed to my ancestors on a silver platter, they had to work and start from scratch. Learned English and in the home to the children, spoke only English, but Italian to the adults.

When the kids got older they did learn Italian if they chose to. This is what i am doing now, it is a thank you to my ancestors, who did come here for a better way of life, earning every penny the hard way. I am now teachng myself Italian, i am just as proud of my heritage as the next guy.

But make no mistake about it, I am an American before all others, with Italian heritage, but appreciating the older i get, understanding what it means to sort of go back to one's roots. I am a very happy American, but very proud also of my Italian heritage, where without the foresight of my ancestors, would not be living as good as i am today. Not a thing was given to my ancestors, they had to do everything the hard way, and did believe in very hard work.

Vivere una motlo buona vita! Living a very good life!
Did your ancestors have high level education?

Old 05-26-2011, 06:03 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az461 View Post
Funny how you say they are preaching hate, when you retaliate and trying to present such a hateful statement yourself.

They are practicing the 1st Amendment - Free Speech.
Then the kids need to face the consequences without crying. Rights go BOTH ways.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:07 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
How are they promoting hate?
You know, I almost posted over a dozen links to videos proving how much illegal aliens, specifically of the mexican origin, spew not only hate for anti-illegal advocates, but for this Country as a whole, but felt better of continuing to spread the horrible propaganda.

The premise that anti-illegal alien advocates, true Americans, are racist is disgusting. Racism had not been an issue in this Country for many years until some jerk decided to sling it around as a tool to advocate maneuvers in gaining acceptance of a people invading this Country illegally. It is the only card ever left to use by pro-illegal aliens when all intelligent arguments fail. The internet is FULL of spewed lies full of hate toward those whom wish to enforce or laws from an invading people into this Country who not only inhabit, but deplete our resources for their own/and country of origins self gratification without any return nor even thank you.

Just speak to a pro-illegal alien advocate, without claiming your stance. Listen to them. The message is filled with lies as well as disdain for those who merely want to uphold our Country's laws and sovereignty.

Too bad many pro-illegal alien advocates do not do the research and only listen to those who spew falseties. If they did, they would certainly change their stance.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:16 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Did your ancestors have high level education?
I know exactly where you are going with that question. It's another attempt to compare the immigration wave of the early 20th century with the illegal invasion this country has experienced in the past 40 years. The comparison is a NON-STARTER. While many of the immigrants of the early 20th century were uneducated, they still possessed roughly the same educational level as the vast majority of the nation AT THAT TIME! In addition, we were then a developing nation, still building infrastructure. What was needed back then were not the highly educated, but those who could perform back-breaking manual labor. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE! Many of our manufacturing and unskilled jobs have been outsourced; our own unskilled and lower educated people are having a tough time finding jobs!

We are a debtor nation, in danger of bankruptcy. Our dollar is being devalued. We do not need, nor can we afford, to import 10s of millions of uneducated and unskilled immigrants who have huge families that they cannot support without availing themselves of myriad social benefit programs. This is another reason why there is no comparison with the immigration of past centuries and now; these welfare programs did not even exist at that time. Immigrants had to make it on their own or return to their native lands, and many did so!

Old 05-26-2011, 09:20 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az461 View Post
Funny how you say they are preaching hate, when you retaliate and trying to present such a hateful statement yourself.

They are practicing the 1st Amendment - Free Speech.
I love the First Amendment. The right to be as verbally ignorant in public as you care to be and the right to suffer the consequences arising from said stupidity!

What a country!!!!!

Old 05-26-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I know exactly where you are going with that question. It's another attempt to compare the immigration wave of the early 20th century with the illegal invasion this country has experienced in the past 40 years. The comparison is a NON-STARTER. While many of the immigrants of the early 20th century were uneducated, they still possessed roughly the same educational level as the vast majority of the nation AT THAT TIME! In addition, we were then a developing nation, still building infrastructure. What was needed back then were not the highly educated, but those who could perform back-breaking manual labor. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE! Many of our manufacturing and unskilled jobs have been outsourced; our own unskilled and lower educated people are having a tough time finding jobs!

We are a debtor nation, in danger of bankruptcy. Our dollar is being devalued. We do not need, nor can we afford, to import 10s of millions of uneducated and unskilled immigrants who have huge families that they cannot support without availing themselves of myriad social benefit programs. This is another reason why there is no comparison with the immigration of past centuries and now; these welfare programs did not even exist at that time. Immigrants had to make it on their own or return to their native lands, and many did so!
Ok, so I understand that you and other share an opinion that no low skilled immigration should be allowed... that's fine... however you cannot ask them to try harder to immigrate legally if there have no options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration