U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times

Advertisements

This will allow Guatamalans, El Salvadorans etc to find work in Mexico. Hopefully that will cut their numbers on our border since they account for half of the border crossers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 07:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I've seen instances with a broken relationship to a Hispanic that has made the person vehemently opposed to all Hispanics later...
Could be, but what has that to do with being opposed to or being an advocate for illegal aliens? If I were married to a Hispanic I still wouldn't be a defender of illegal aliens. It is about loyalty to this country and respect for its laws to me, not marital ties.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:21 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
At least I'm not indiscriminately tripling numbers. Your ex-husband is counted as an immigrant too, and comes in as a percentage when he came legally. I'm explaining mathematical concepts to someone whom choses to derive their numbers through a different way.
Nor am I. If illegals were underestimated then, and the same methods are being used now, why would you think we would have different results?

No, my ex-husband is not included in the Mexican immigrant category. He is a legal immigrant from Argentina. Or, did you forget we are discussing Mexico?

Quote:
I've seen instances with a broken relationship to a Hispanic that has made the person vehemently opposed to all Hispanics later...
I certainly hope you aren’t implying that I oppose illegal immigration due to my “broken relationship” with a Hispanic man. I hate to burst your bubble, but my ex-husband and I have an excellent relationship. In fact, we spend more time together now than we did when we were married, and still vacation with our son. In case you don’t know, all divorced couples are not enemies. In addition, compared to him, I am only moderately opposed to illegal immigration.

By the way, all Hispanics are NOT illegal aliens.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:15 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...No, my ex-husband is not included in the Mexican immigrant category. He is a legal immigrant from Argentina. Or, did you forget we are discussing Mexico?...
I provided no nationality in my statement. It's time I'm heard for what I am saying, not anyone reading what they want into what I say. If you look, I'm fairly concise in what I say.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:37 AM

796 posts, read 1,334,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Finish their education and develop some job skills that would have someone sponsor them with a work visa. I actually know people who came here legally from Mexico that very way.

They don't have to come here illegally period. And just like homeless, jobless, unskilled, illiterate Americans can't emigrate to most countries, that's just the way the cookie should crumble.

But in fact - I work with a number of legally immigrated Mexicans. Many unskilled are in fact green card holders -- so obviously there is a route for legal immigration.
i hate to inform you, that green cards are a dime a dozen on the fake id circuit. people sell their own id , to be resold many times over, to help the cause and make some cash.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
Back on topic folks, please.
Yac.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Ive seen instances with a broken relationship to an anglo that has made the person vehemently opposed to all anglos later, so epic FAIL!

To Mexico making things less tough on illegals: it is its right to do it. If we follow Mexican law, we would be treating OUR illegals much worse.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
i hate to inform you, that green cards are a dime a dozen on the fake id circuit. people sell their own id , to be resold many times over, to help the cause and make some cash.
Yes I know about that trick.

Where I live it's very common for someone who wants a little extra cash to simply sell their green card, claim it was lost or stolen and in about a week, they get the replacement.

One contractor was using a green card so all these citizen types knew him by one name while all his illegal friends and acquaintances knew him by his real name -- which was not his green card name at all.

And the laser visas that make it very easy to cross over the border are also sold - and "rented" out to anyone who wants to come over the border the very easy way.

All these green cards and laser visas can easily be purchased (or rented) in every border town.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...Where I live it's very common for someone who wants a little extra cash to simply sell their green card, claim it was lost or stolen and in about a week, they get the replacement...
Except Resident Card that is lost or stolen has to be replaced by filing an I-90: $365.00, plus $85.00 if it requires biographic data (age 14 or older, $450.00 total). The I-90 can even be rejected (losing the filing fee) depending on the application. Read about reason 'A' in both sections A and B, for the 10-year and two-year "conditional" cards: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90instr.pdf

But let me guess, the I-90 has instructions to pencil in "Hispanic" so the fee doesn't have to be paid?...

"I've seen it personally a million times!"...

"It just happens!"...

Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Except Resident Card that is lost or stolen has to be replaced by filing an I-90: $365.00, plus $85.00 if it requires biographic data (age 14 or older, $450.00 total). The I-90 can even be rejected (losing the filing fee) depending on the application. Read about reason 'A' in both sections A and B, for the 10-year and two-year "conditional" cards: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90instr.pdf

But let me guess, the I-90 has instructions to pencil in "Hispanic" so the fee doesn't have to be paid?...

"I've seen it personally a million times!"...

"It just happens!"...
They sell them, one of my neighbors sold his a number of times.

The border crossing cards are a real deal. They don't cost much at all - $140.

Fees for Visa Services

And really why would anyone use a Green Card to cross over the border, there's no need to, you can get a much cheaper border crossing card, come on over and remain.

At any rate they can be sold for quite a lot because the criminal groups that buy them know how to maximize their value. They are sold for about $400, but picked up on the USA side so they can be used over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration