U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They sell them, one of my neighbors sold his a number of times.

The border crossing cards are a real deal. They don't cost much at all - $140.

Fees for Visa Services

And really why would anyone use a Green Card to cross over the border, there's no need to, you can get a much cheaper border crossing card, come on over and remain.

At any rate they can be sold for quite a lot because the criminal groups that buy them know how to maximize their value. They are sold for about $400, but picked up on the USA side so they can be used over and over.
A Legal Permanent Resident must enter under their Resident Card. You've alleged Resident Cards are sold, but then change to the Border Crossing Card when I correct you on the replacement process:



Reporting a Border Crossing Card as missing to get a new card invalidates the old card in the system, it immediately flags at the crossing if it is attempted to be used...

I am under the belief that I can discount anything you say now, because you've cried wolf over and over...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-01-2011, 07:14 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
A Legal Permanent Resident must enter under their Resident Card. You've alleged Resident Cards are sold, but then change to the Border Crossing Card when I correct you on the replacement process:



Reporting a Border Crossing Card as missing to get a new card invalidates the old card in the system, it immediately flags at the crossing if it is attempted to be used...

I am under the belief that I can discount anything you say now, because you've cried wolf over and over...
If what you said was at all true, there would not be such a big business all up and down the border selling these laser visas. And they're not real cheap - $500 and you just get to use them coming over the border.

It's a huge business. Because it's all so very easy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If what you said was at all true, there would not be such a big business all up and down the border selling these laser visas. And they're not real cheap - $500 and you just get to use them coming over the border.

It's a huge business. Because it's all so very easy.
You don't believe the USCIS instructions? What happened to talk about reporting a Resident Card stolen or lost, and getting an automatic replacement? Wouldn't that invalidate the old card?

Come on, you're laying it on too thick...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
A Legal Permanent Resident must enter under their Resident Card. You've alleged Resident Cards are sold, but then change to the Border Crossing Card when I correct you on the replacement process:



Reporting a Border Crossing Card as missing to get a new card invalidates the old card in the system, it immediately flags at the crossing if it is attempted to be used...

I am under the belief that I can discount anything you say now, because you've cried wolf over and over...
Dozen arrested in Calexico for passport/visa fraud - Imperial Valley Press Online

Now and then they catch them:

According to a press release from the State Department, five valid U.S. passports and seven B1/B2 Laser Visa Border Crossing Cards were seized from imposters during “Operation Linebacker,”

Apology accepted.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2011, 07:37 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Another tip of the iceburg kind of news article. It's huge business all up and down the border. Very big business in the border towns where these laser visas and other documents are available on the streets. They even assist the soon-to-be-illegally-in-the-USA buyer with selecting the right picture, or combing his hair a different way to more resemble the photo. Once inside the USA, someone collects the visas from the buyers - so they can be used over and over and over many times.

State Dep't priority: Catching passport imposters - SignOnSanDiego.com

In fiscal year 2009 Customs and Border Protection in San Diego seized 21,280 fraudulent documents. From Oct. 1 2009 through April 30, 2010 The San Ysidro port of entry confiscated 1,440 U.S. passports and 8,641 border crossing and legal permanent resident cards.

The vast majority of the documents are lost or stolen and then sold through document brokers for $2,200 to $3,000, according to DSS.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Not only all that - it's actually the Mexican cartels that control this criminal business. They are allowed to do so but now and then just to make it seem like something is being done, a few arrests are made. Very few.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2011, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Dozen arrested in Calexico for passport/visa fraud - Imperial Valley Press Online

Now and then they catch them:

According to a press release from the State Department, five valid U.S. passports and seven B1/B2 Laser Visa Border Crossing Cards were seized from imposters during “Operation Linebacker,”

Apology accepted.
Where are the the recycled Resident Cards? You did read that "Operation Linebacker" discovered the documents when they were used in an attempt to go through a Port of Entry? How do you suppose they were detected?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2011, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...The San Ysidro port of entry confiscated 1,440 U.S. passports and 8,641 border crossing and legal permanent resident cards...
So the documents are being caught at the Port of Entry? Could it be that the cards are flagged? The captured cards would also give a pretty good indication of someone trying to trade them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So the documents are being caught at the Port of Entry? Could it be that the cards are flagged? The captured cards would also give a pretty good indication of someone trying to trade them.
It's like what the article said:

Dozen arrested in Calexico for passport/visa fraud - Imperial Valley Press Online

The stolen and lost border crossing documents including US passports have very high value to the criminal smuggling rings. They can cost just a few hundred dollars to $2500 on the black market. The most common form of passport or border crossing card fraud is using the stolen or "lost" documents.

Increasingly on the California-Mexico border, people who have stolen passports or visas will line people up and match them as best they can to photos on the documents, Campbell said.

I would guess that they only caught these individuals because they weren't matched up too well to the photos in the documents. This is done all the time over in Juarez and all the border towns - go over there some time and check around. Or pose as a would-be illegal and ask around how to get over to the other side.

Most illegals actually don't come through the desert, they come right through the legal ports of entry or in gaps in the fence right in town. Really why would someone hike through miles of desert when for a few hundred dollars they can buy a passport or border crossing card? Or enter right under the bridge right in town? Or they simply get themselves a shopping pass and don't go back home.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...I would guess that they only caught these individuals because they weren't matched up too well to the photos in the documents...
I read the article, but this is keeping off-topic. Perhaps a new topic where the qualifications of the Border Crossing Cards can be listed. You are still insisting that recycled cards aren't cancelled - The primary reason that they are machine-readable is so they can be instantly validated.

I'm not disputing some fraud - But you are trivializing the process...

Any further responses need to be on-topic, or this thread has outlived any discussion...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top