U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:15 PM

254 posts, read 520,406 times

Advertisements

It seems Mexico just de-criminalized illegal immigration. It also opened social services to illegal immigrants such as education and health, and rights to use the justice system.

DOF - Diario Oficial de la Federación

It is in Spanish, but you can go to "titulo segundo" and use google translate to see the rights illegal immigrants now have in Mexico.

I haven't read all of it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 03:18 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Maybe the illegals will choose to stay if from there or will pick Mexico as the Nation of choice.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Maybe the illegals will choose to stay if from there or will pick Mexico as the Nation of choice.
I'm sure some of them will, as there are quite a bit already, of course not as big in number as in the US. I hope this helps stop the extortions from the drug cartels on illegal immigrants that used to have no rights...

Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
It seems Mexico just de-criminalized illegal immigration. It also opened social services to illegal immigrants such as education and health, and rights to use the justice system.

DOF - Diario Oficial de la Federación

It is in Spanish, but you can go to "titulo segundo" and use google translate to see the rights illegal immigrants now have in Mexico.

I haven't read all of it...
This has been in the works for months. They really had no choice. They could either continue to be hypocrites, or change their laws. It’s hard demonizing the U.S. while raping, robbing, and killing illegals in their own country.

However, only the truly naive will believe this was some benevolent act by the Mexican government. Their real motive is amnesty for the millions of Mexican illegals in this country. Mark my words, next they’ll offer amnesty in hopes of the U.S. following suit. I haven’t read the article, so perhaps amnesty is already on the table.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:27 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Things are just so insane right now. Coming from one country, go to mexico and offer them goods while others come to this country from mexico while offering them goods. What a shift!

Somebody's gone insane.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:18 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
From what I read of that, it looks like it's more about preventing some of the real abuses of illegals in Mexico- such as those Central Americans ending up in mass graves, and providing them a little safety and protection until they get sent back home. There was some part about minor age children traveling alone in Mexico, this gives them better protection from the government.

It really doesn't look like it's supposed to make for a free-for-all like the illegals here demand.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
From what I read of that, it looks like it's more about preventing some of the real abuses of illegals in Mexico- such as those Central Americans ending up in mass graves, and providing them a little safety and protection until they get sent back home. There was some part about minor age children traveling alone in Mexico, this gives them better protection from the government.

It really doesn't look like it's supposed to make for a free-for-all like the illegals here demand.
Article 2: Allows for immigrants that need protection and running for the safety of their lives from a foreign country, remain temporary or permanently in the country.
Article 8: Free Education, Medical attention, emergency medical attention, Article 10: family unification

Among other human rights.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:47 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Article 2: Allows for immigrants that need protection and running for the safety of their lives from a foreign country, remain temporary or permanently in the country.
Article 8: Free Education, Medical attention, emergency medical attention, Article 10: family unification

Among other human rights.
Good. And I read that about the refugees coming to Mexico and being given refugee status. It's a very good thing that they can seek asylum in Mexico and it removes any excuse for them to cross through all of Mexico where most of these so-called refugees speak the language and are culturally very similar just to make it to the USA where they can never adapt.

But my point is still that this isn't about Mexico offering a big free-for-all kind of immigration like the USA has. I don't really get the impression they mean to offer any one who crosses illegally into Mexico a life of free health care, food stamps, WIC, free college or financial aid ahead of the citizens of that country. And I don't get the impression they mean to take in 30 million plus illegals and offer some big amnesty.

I think a lot of this is to clarify what becomes of deported Mexicans and their families and is more geared to protecting some of the Central Americans before they are sent back home. I saw nothing in there saying that Mexico intends to stop all deportations and allow anyone who wishes to just waltz on in and start getting their handouts and rights.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Good. And I read that about the refugees coming to Mexico and being given refugee status. It's a very good thing that they can seek asylum in Mexico and it removes any excuse for them to cross through all of Mexico where most of these so-called refugees speak the language and are culturally very similar just to make it to the USA where they can never adapt.

But my point is still that this isn't about Mexico offering a big free-for-all kind of immigration like the USA has. I don't really get the impression they mean to offer any one who crosses illegally into Mexico a life of free health care, food stamps, WIC, free college or financial aid ahead of the citizens of that country. And I don't get the impression they mean to take in 30 million plus illegals and offer some big amnesty.

I think a lot of this is to clarify what becomes of deported Mexicans and their families and is more geared to protecting some of the Central Americans before they are sent back home. I saw nothing in there saying that Mexico intends to stop all deportations and allow anyone who wishes to just waltz on in and start getting their handouts and rights.
In my opinion it is "will never" as in refusing to.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Time will tell, the law is there and the language gives very little room for interpretation as it notes they can have access to education and health. However the government has to enforce it and they can always find a way around it, hopefully the humanitarian atrocities that they suffered in Mexico will stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration