U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 06:54 AM

9,187 posts, read 6,593,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So you are cool with hassling the black guys?

It figures.
Its about having random checkpoints. The same way the check peoples bags in NYC.

Would you have millions of people go unchecked at the airport?

Old 05-31-2011, 07:10 AM

7,331 posts, read 5,814,205 times
I disagree. The primary definition of "Police" is "maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime." The laws they are enforcing are those within their assigned jurisdiction. If an alien is inside our borders, that is a breach of laws upheld by the US Department of Homeland Security -- Border Patrols.

Our municipal police have enough on their plate without charging them with federal responsibilities, as well.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 AM

9,187 posts, read 6,593,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I disagree. The primary definition of "Police" is "maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime." The laws they are enforcing are those within their assigned jurisdiction. If an alien is inside our borders, that is a breach of laws upheld by the US Department of Homeland Security -- Border Patrols.

Our municipal police have enough on their plate without charging them with federal responsibilities, as well.

DHS is not a police force in our communities.

Police are supposed to protect & serve.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,157,303 times
Quote:

Illegal aliens break our laws by being here and the cops need to tag 'em to.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:23 AM

14,307 posts, read 10,404,602 times
Quote:

I don't see it as being a burden to the police when during a lawful stop and the suspect can't produce I.D. to call ICE. One phone call is a burden?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM

10,945 posts, read 7,380,852 times
Quote:
anti-dreams.

Let us all stand in a circle and wish real hard. "Aliens go home"

Again...all...wish real hard...

Nah did not work.

So we are back to they won't leave because we wish it.

So where are we going to get the billions from to do this? And the personnel?
Possibly from the relief on the social and medical system by removing all of the illegal draws on the system? Of course that would not occur to one such as you favoring entitlements as you seem to. Eliminating the problem eliminates the cost so that the monies can be used in a more productive manner like supporting citizens.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM

18,283 posts, read 14,504,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its not racial profiling. Many countries do it and it works.

The police job is to protect & serve the community.

By not asking a persons legal status is not Protecting the community.
The police already have the right, SCOTUS ruled as such 4 or 5 years ago. Illegals also have the right to refuse to answer.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I am sure you would be...and if it is 2%? That turn you on?

You have seen the ultimate motivator of self deportation. A really lousey econmy. I believe we lost 8% or so here in Las Vegas. And most of those went somewhere else in the US.

So given that no jobs does not send them home you have some other tool?

You really need to face reality. They are here for the long haul and unless you can tap some large source of funding that is how it will be.

You need to stay real. They will not leave becuause you wish it.
They have no right to stay because you wish it, either. You need to stay real. Enforcing the immigration laws would deport all of the illegals. Then use the monies that they leech out of us to secure the borders. Problem solved, except for people like you who seem to just love living with law breakers.

Last edited by Arjay51; 05-31-2011 at 09:56 AM..

Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 AM

[quote=olecapt;19376509]
Quote:
They are not my illegals and I would willing send them all home were it in my power.
Then why do you show them more love than for your country? Claim that they have rights that they don't? Have you even done anything except support them to get rid of them?

Yes, they are your illegals until you take some actual action to get rid of them.

Now spread your BS again...Nobody is buying it.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:48 AM

28,625 posts, read 26,487,767 times
Quote:

Ummm
Isn''t that Police work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration