U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:38 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
That could be so. But then why is it that hispanics seem to have no problem having everything handed to them on a silver platter ? My husband and I liked to consider ourselves reasonably smart people. We did everything right as we were instructed. Why does it seem so easy for hispanics who can't even speak English to navigate the immigration system. There just seems to be two sets of rules at play here. One for white people and one for brown people, as bad as that sounds.
Oh no, you've got that all wrong. Haven't you heard it is "brown" people aka Mexicans that are always the victims of our immigration policies?

It is so bad that when an American marries one it turns them into an advocate for illegal aliens.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh no, you've got that all wrong. Haven't you heard it is "brown" people aka Mexicans that are always the victims of our immigration policies?

It is so bad that when an American marries one it turns them into an advocate for illegal aliens.
I'll take that as a personal attack...

Old 06-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I'll take that as a personal attack...
Why would you? I never mentioned your name nor was I replying to you. I know several who fit that bill so why would you take it as a personal attack on you? I am sure you are proud of your views on illegal immigration whatever they are.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:48 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,491,985 times
Quote:
Because I am curious why it would take so long to become a citizen. My question wasn't directed at you anyway.
She was not particularly interested in becoming a citizen. Actually a whole set of the ladies decided to cross over when I explained there can be inheritance problems if your husband dies and you are not a citizen. Otherwise I think most of them might never have naturalized.

And no she was not Mexican. I do have a SIL who is tri...US/Columbian/English. And my sister is a naturalized Brit.

But no Mexicans.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
She was not particularly interested in becoming a citizen. Actually a whole set of the ladies decided to cross over when I explained there can be inheritance problems if your husband dies and you are not a citizen. Otherwise I think most of them might never have naturalized.

And no she was not Mexican. I do have a SIL who is tri...US/Columbian/English. And my sister is a naturalized Brit.

But no Mexicans.
Actually, I didn't ask if she was Mexican. I asked if she was Hispanic. Mexicans aren't the only Hispanics you know.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Actually, I didn't ask if she was Mexican. I asked if she was Hispanic. Mexicans aren't the only Hispanics you know.
Nope. Equally dumb question. Why would you care what kind of hispanic? Mexican might make some sense as it is the nearby border. Any other interpretation of the question is likely xenophobic. You have some internal fear of those who are not local.

Figures...your posts do seem pretty irrational on the subject.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Nope. Equally dumb question. Why would you care what kind of hispanic? Mexican might make some sense as it is the nearby border. Any other interpretation of the question is likely xenophobic. You have some internal fear of those who are not local.

Figures...your posts do seem pretty irrational on the subject.
Dumb question? Why? I was merely curious since you said you wife was foreign born. I guess your avoidance of answering my question actually gives me my answer and it was as I thought. Sorry to have bothered you!

There you go using the word xenophobic on anyone who doesn't agree with your illegal immigration views up to and including a totally unrelated subject. Fear of those who are not local? WTH does that mean? I have no fear of strangers unless they are out to harm me. Ethnic groups/nationalities are not strangers to this country. Many of them didn't originate "locally" but it matters not me just that they are here legally.

If the subject is illegal immigration I think most Americans wouldn't call my views irrational, only the pro-illegals would.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Dumb question? Why? I was merely curious since you said you wife was foreign born. I guess your avoidance of answering my question actually gives me my answer and it was as I thought. Sorry to have bothered you!
YOu asked two questions which were precisely and fully answered. Are you suggesting that you did not understand clear answers?

Nope and she was not intersted seem reasonably clear.

Quote:
There you go using the word xenophobic on anyone who doesn't agree with your illegal immigration views up to and including a totally unrelated subject. Fear of those who are not local? WTH does that mean? I have no fear of strangers unless they are out to harm me. Ethnic groups/nationalities are not strangers to this country. Many of them didn't originate "locally" but it matters not me just that they are here legally.

If the subject is illegal immigration I think most Americans wouldn't call my views irrational, only the pro-illegals would.
Then why are you asking such strange questions? And then arguing with the clear answers?

I use the word xenophobic as it is the most fitting term to fit to those who appear to fear illegal immigrants from Mexico. If you feared illegality you could find much more interesting things...groups with high murder rates or robbery rates...people who speed a lot...scam artists...In general the Mexican illegal aliens are reasonably low in crime...so you obviously have some basic problem other than illegality...what is it if not xenophobia?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
YOu asked two questions which were precisely and fully answered. Are you suggesting that you did not understand clear answers?

Nope and she was not intersted seem reasonably clear.

Then why are you asking such strange questions? And then arguing with the clear answers?

I use the word xenophobic as it is the most fitting term to fit to those who appear to fear illegal immigrants from Mexico. If you feared illegality you could find much more interesting things...groups with high murder rates or robbery rates...people who speed a lot...scam artists...In general the Mexican illegal aliens are reasonably low in crime...so you obviously have some basic problem other than illegality...what is it if not xenophobia?
No, you did not answer my question about your wife's ethnicity/former nationality but that is your proagative not to answer. I know my answer from your non-answer anyway.

It isn't about fear that Americans are opposed to illegal immigration but objection based on the rule of law, uncontrolled population growth, loss of jobs, our tax coffers being drained dry by them, etc. But the pro-illegals use smear words like "xenophobia" and "racist" instead because it fits their agenda to demonize law abiding Americans. I don't care what nation an illegal comes from my sentiments are still the same.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
No, you did not answer my question about your wife's ethnicity/former nationality but that is your proagative not to answer. I know my answer from your non-answer anyway.
YOu asked...

Am I to guess correctly that your wife is Hispanic based on your remark about border agents asking her for I.D.? Just curious, why would it take her 35 years to become a citizen?

And I answered...

Nope and she was not interested.

Now if I am not correct kindly show the question that you claim you did ask. Quote it please as it seems you have a vast ability to prevaricate.

Quote:
It isn't about fear that Americans are opposed to illegal immigration but objection based on the rule of law, uncontrolled population growth, loss of jobs, our tax coffers being drained dry by them, etc. But the pro-illegals use smear words like "xenophobia" and "racist" instead because it fits their agenda to demonize law abiding Americans. I don't care what nation an illegal comes from my sentiments are still the same.
I don't use racist because it is not. But the whole anti thing repeatedly swings to the point of absurdity.

And the worst is that it continues to force the worst case outcome - with no compromise we maintain the status quo which is the worst of all worlds. And particularly which maximizes the illegal alien population in the US.

I really am unable to understand this suicidal push. You have no hope of winning fully...so you respond by doing everything you can to lose as completely as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or