Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Most countries DONT have a Constitution with rights anywhere comparable to the US.

I find it disgusting that those that claim that illegal aliens are "changing" America want to do away with fundemantal rights this country was founded on.

On his Memorial day, go out to a National Cementary and read the Headstones. Tell all of those Vetrens of foreign Wars that gave the ultimate sacrifice that you want the US Constitution to be just like all those crap hole countries they died in...
Many of those vets would roll in there graves if they knew whats going on bout our open border with Mexico.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
[quote=1751texan;19369521]
Quote:
Most countries DONT have a Constitution with rights anywhere comparable to the US.
No, the way it is going they have superior rights. They seem to be defending their system, not giving over to illegals.

Quote:
I find it disgusting that those that claim that illegal aliens are "changing" America want to do away with fundemantal rights this country was founded on.
And I find it disgusting that those such as you deny the changing of this country by denying the fundamental element of law: secure borders and the rule of law. If you can't see the way things are changing, it is because you and those like you don't want to/approve of the changes.

Quote:
On his Memorial day, go out to a National Cementary and read the Headstones. Tell all of those Vetrens of foreign Wars that gave the ultimate sacrifice that you want the US Constitution to be just like all those crap hole countries they died in...
You go out and tell them that you want what they fought for to be abolished in favor of your personal bias. You are not arguing the Constitution, merely your own biased version of it in favor of negating the rule of law in this country.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:09 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
[quote=Arjay51;19370000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

No, the way it is going they have superior rights. They seem to be defending their system, not giving over to illegals.

And I find it disgusting that those such as you deny the changing of this country by denying the fundamental element of law: secure borders and the rule of law. If you can't see the way things are changing, it is because you and those like you don't want to/approve of the changes.

The topic sir is Police having the right to ask immigration status...whom do you think they will be asking this of...?

Do you think that every law enforcement office will correctly gauge the immigration status of each person asked? 100% guesstimation on immigration status? Is that what you Think? That LEO will get it right any ONLY ask illegals?

That means that American ciitiens are no longer afforded their Constitutional right of "probable cause" and "unreasonalbe search and siezure"...

If now, you would like to qualify... under what conditions these questions would be asked[which you failed to do previously]...then do so.

this is not immigration law, these are constitutional rights...learn the difference.

You go out and tell them that you want what they fought for to be abolished in favor of your personal bias. You are not arguing the Constitution, merely your own biased version of it in favor of negating the rule of law in this country.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
other countries have healthcare for all. But apperently thats a bad thing (I'm not changing the subject). And other countries don't have the racial problems that America suffers from
And, no other country has 12-30+ million foreigners living there illegally, giving birth at the speed of light, availing themselves of all of their benefits and services, and fleecing hardworking taxpayers. This, despite the U.S. welcoming more LEGAL immigrants than ALL other countries combined. We have become the dumping ground and the laughingstock of the world.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:33 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,101 times
What you have been debating here essentially and without saying it is SB1070...except for the fact that it was designed to be a law enforcible in Arizona. That is the primary sticking point for 1070..whether the intended Arizona law is supersceeding National law.
Before it was gutted it also gave local LEO's the right to question legal status. This ability to check legal status was the reason for all the marches and protests. But, and this is often overlooked BTW, the ability to check ones status was secondary to a primary civil or criminal offense. Which means that an illegal could report a crime and not have their citizenship status checked..it was only with probable cause that status could become an issue. The illegal community wanted none of that..because of fears of racial profiling, they don't want LEO's to have the right to check status in any way shape or form. With proper training and oversight local LEO's could at least do something about the problem that is literally draining our states resources. But also send a subtle message as well. Yes, there is always a bull in the china shop but as stated by the proud Canadian they would soon be weeded out by civil action.
If it were not for states sympathetic to illegal rights a drivers license or states ID would be sufficiant to prove citizenship because a birth certificate is required. And if someone, like myself, was foreign born the additional documentation that makes one legal. A non citizen is required to carry "papers" at all times and that is clearly stated on those "papers". Because of that I don't see why non citizens would have any problem proving legal status if asked to do so. It is those that have something to hide and those that ,for whatever reason, protect them that fear this law and are fighting it at every turn.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:33 AM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, no other country has 12-30+ million foreigners living there illegally, giving birth at the speed of light, availing themselves of all of their benefits and services, and fleecing hardworking taxpayers. This, despite the U.S. welcoming more LEGAL immigrants than ALL other countries combined. We have become the dumping ground and the laughingstock of the world.
The spin I read some posters put up here today is beyond remote intelligence. They are attempting to divert from the real issue. And to think that Houston police officer would be alive this morning if our borders were secure. I love how people will tell everyone else how to spend their money on taxes, illegals you name it. Benicar, we all must just keep our heads up and plow threw. Eventually we will win. If there is anything left to win that is.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:36 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its not racial profiling. Many countries do it and it works.

The police job is to protect & serve the community.

By not asking a persons legal status is not Protecting the community.
When my Canadian husband got his "green card" he was told by the immigration people that he is required to carry it at all times. According to them, anyone can ask for identification at any time.

I guess the only time you don't have to prove your right to be here is if you are illegal. Does anyone else see the stupidity of this?

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-30-2011, 11:48 AM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
When my Canadian husband got his "green card" he was told by the immigration people that he is required to carry it at all times. According to them, anyone can ask for identification at any time.

I guess the only time you don't have to prove your right to be here is if you are illegal. Does anyone else see the stupidity of this?

20yrsinBranson
Yes I do. I see the stupidity, I see it everyday. I live in one of the most illgeal populated areas of America. When I witness first hand the entitlement attitudes of many fo the illegals espicially in the medical arena, it takes all I have to not go off. Then I think about some of the comments made on these threads and that pisses me off even more. To bad we can't have a law stating anyone legal in America can house, clothe, feed etc as many illegals as they want, and not push the burden on everyone elses' wallets. Anyway, nice post 20yrsinBranson!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:44 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
This is beyond ridiculous. We are a sovereign nation, with immigration laws. Those who enter this country without authorization, or violate the terms of their visas, are subject to apprehension and removal. How would you suggest we determine their status?

Furthermore, please quote the post in which I stated that I am unwilling to provide proof of citizenship.
that is not the topic...local law enforcement officers are not on the border enforcing immigration laws. Those persons are called Border Patrol agents and are Federal agents.

the question is not whether BP has he right to check incomming person's immigration status...it is whether that should be a function of local police officers.

Last edited by 1751texan; 05-30-2011 at 01:07 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 12:58 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Since you essentially repeated my comments, apparently I do understand.

Of course we must follow the law. Who has stated otherwise? It is utter nonsense to imply that we cannot ascertain the immigration status of foreign nationals without violating the law. Would you prefer that we continue to allow our country to be overrun by untold millions of illegal aliens? Something has to be done. Do you have any suggestions? Or, are you only here to defend the "rights" illegals?
The option of simply enforcing the law was blown by Reagan and the immediate following regimes when they failed to do so. A tight and fully enforced policy in the late 80s and 90s and we would not have the problem.

At this point the problem is not solvable by enforcement. Neither the resource nor the will is present. A substantial number of citizens wish rigid enforcement at any cost. Any equally large or even greater set want the problem solved without rigid enforcement.

The cost of rigid enforcement would be huge at a time when massive expenditures are simply unsaleable. Even the antis basically admit that by such scenarios as creating a voluntary deportation process that would remove the illegals. That premise though is probably mostly fallacious. If deprived of all access to legal employment the illegals don't leave...they simply move to the gray economy and stop paying taxes. Even bad jobs on the off the books side are better than what they can get at home.

I don't have any great concerns about the rights of illegals. They basically have the right to be deported and not much else. I do however care about my rights and the rights of those of us who are legal. As soon as you figure out how to revoke the fourth for illegals only and get that into law I will be very glad to support your position. This whole discussion is just another indication of why the illegal alien problem is so intractable. Our system is simply not compatible with 10 million illegals...and we don't know what to do next.

So I see two choices. Regularize most of the illegals and get the problem down to a size that is manageable or live with the status quo and wait for the Mexican excess population to be absorbed into the US society. The latter will likely add another 5 or 10 million illegals to the pot...but appears to be the course we are on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration