U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:13 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times

Advertisements

The illegals are not returning home, they'll just move onto the sanctuary states. Texas is getting a big influx of illegals from Arizona and Oklahoma. I'm sure California is also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 09:17 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The illegals are not returning home, they'll just move onto the sanctuary states. Texas is getting a big influx of illegals from Arizona and Oklahoma. I'm sure California is also.
And once those states become totally bankrupt supporting them they will be implementing e-verify also. After awhile there will no place left to go but back to their homelands except for those with anchor babies and the welfare monies they receive for them. Next will be ending birthright citizenship to plug up that means of support also.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-29-2011 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-29-2011, 09:36 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This is one instance where I'm actually glad that the SCOTUS is stacked with conservatives. I am a social libertarian who usually votes Democrat, but I line up with the right on gun rights and illegal immigration!!!!
Well what side does the democrat you vote for lean to? You vote your own demise and same goes for those voting in the illegal loving GOP candidate that is soft on immigration. We need to pick our candidates more carefully. I can tell you first hand that I never met a democrat in CA that did not want an open border. I am so sick of them all, seriously.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:58 AM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And once those states become totally bankrupt supporting them they will be implementing e-verify also. After awhile there will no place left to go but back to their homelands except for those with anchor babies and the welfare monies they receive for them. Next will be ending birthright citizenship to plug up that means of support also.
Nearly 1300 businesses in SD County are using it and it's expanding rapidly. LA has no idea what they are up against.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:03 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Texas is bankrupt.

They did something smart but now how are they going to be able to care for all the illegals pouring into Texas - both from the non-sanctuary states and from south of the border?

Lawmakers Pass Texas Budget; Billions Cut - News Story - KVIA El Paso (http://www.kvia.com/news/28062303/detail.html - broken link)

In all funds, the plan for 2012-2013 is $15 billion less than the current budget, but that doesn't account for the costs of providing services to new population.

Of course if the "new population" was actually paying any taxes, the costs of providing services to them wouldn't be so astronomically high and the money would be there.

Indigent illegals from every direction are coming into Texas - but the state is out of money. There's no way to take care of them all......yet they keep on arriving.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:19 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Until we get as desperate to keep them out as they are to get here it will continue.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:11 PM

23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Well what side does the democrat you vote for lean to? You vote your own demise and same goes for those voting in the illegal loving GOP candidate that is soft on immigration. We need to pick our candidates more carefully. I can tell you first hand that I never met a democrat in CA that did not want an open border. I am so sick of them all, seriously.
Well gee, I voted for Pete Sessions for Congress. Check out his anti-illegal credentials sometime.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:58 AM

884 posts, read 585,091 times
Quote:
We are bankrupt here in California. I have noticed some tax paying voters here in Ca mentioning the burden the illegals are putting on their wallets. When Gov. Brown said last week he wants to raise taxes again to pay for the jail systems he pissed off quite a few democrats. I never would have expected them to finally wake up. And your comment about the anchor babies and welfare monies is exactly what i have heard many say along with the jails. Progress albeit slow, is progress nonetheless.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:27 PM

10,946 posts, read 7,979,077 times
What appears to be the stance of those supporting illegal immigration is that these people have rights under the constitution.

In point of fact they do not have any of those rights. They are here in direct violation of the law. They have no right to entitlements, preferential treatment or a free ride in life.

This in fact is what the pro-illegals want, to accept and pardon criminals into society without their achieving this status without complying with any of the requirements to make them eligible.

In other words, in violation of the laws and the constitution.

They are just afraid to admit it.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:57 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Quote:
Those who are not conservatives however are operating under political idealogy and one of them is Sotomayer. She voted against this e-verify law. No surprise since she is Hispanic.
When you claim Sotomayor of operating under political idealogy, then you open the same to be said of the "other" justices as well. If Sotomayor does it, then so do the others.

What is incorrect if he justices operate on their political idealogies? Why is bad for one to do, but not the others? or is it ok that they all operate in this fashion? or do you just have a problem with the idealogy of some while not having a problem with others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or