Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times

Advertisements

I can't help but wonder what the illegals will do when all aid is cut off due to bankrupt states. Do you think they will revolt? Raid homes or have temper tantrums in the streets? Or will they quietly go back home to Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I can't help but wonder what the illegals will do when all aid is cut off due to bankrupt states. Do you think they will revolt? Raid homes or have temper tantrums in the streets? Or will they quietly go back home to Mexico?
I think they’ll leave. After all, they are only here for what they can get. If the gravy train ends, they will move back home, or try to invade Canada. Even they, have enough sense not to try to revolt in this country. That would be a HUGE mistake.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:47 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think they’ll leave. After all, they are only here for what they can get. If the gravy train ends, they will move back home, or try to invade Canada. Even they, have enough sense not to try to revolt in this country. That would be a HUGE mistake.
I would hope so, but seeing what is taking place in the middle east the rabble may decide to pick up arms here. My fear is that the UN and our very own government would take up their side of the argument and arrest our citizens first.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I would hope so, but seeing what is taking place in the middle east the rabble may decide to pick up arms here. My fear is that the UN and our very own government would take up their side of the argument and arrest our citizens first.
If they do, we will have a bloodbath. Most citizens will not tolerate that level of insolence from illegals, or blatant betrayal by our government. I would hope our military would side with us over foreign invaders. If not, the entire world will realize we are ripe for the picking. It is one thing to defend citizens during a revolt; quite another, to defend people who are in a country illegally.

On the other hand, nothing would surprise me from our pandering government. They already treat illegals better than many of our veterans.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:49 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Their advocates would probably join them in a revolt if they get cut off. Then we will know who the real Americans are and who are the traitors among us.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:05 PM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
Very good point Benicar. I'm curious now about the illegal population in Canada. I will have to look that up. I suspect the numbers are drastically different than the United States.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:38 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
DUI laws are still in effect. Anyone caught driving without a licence will still be fined.

Quote:
Republicans expressed concerns that the new regulations would too severely restrict the police and would let drivers violating the law receive a free pass.

Serverly restrict police in inpounding cars? DUI drivers will still be arrested and their cars can still be impounded or released to a licenced driver.

Those driving without a valid licence will be fined or arrested as is the law, but their vehical will be released to a licenced drivers.

who is getting a pass? The laws are still being applied.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
DUI laws are still in effect. Anyone caught driving without a licence will still be fined.

Serverly restrict police in inpounding cars? DUI drivers will still be arrested and their cars can still be impounded or released to a licenced driver.

Those driving without a valid licence will be fined or arrested as is the law, but their vehical will be released to a licenced drivers.

who is getting a pass? The laws are still being applied.
So, unlicensed illegals caught driving, are given the opportunity to have their ill-gotten cars released to licensed drivers. Well, whoopty doo! Are these illegals also being arrested and deported, in accordance with our immigration laws? The answer is a resounding NO. As long as they are allowed to remain in this country in violation of our laws, they continue to get a free pass.

Funny, they can confiscate the cars of citizen drug dealers, yet they refuse to do the same to foreigners caught in this country illegally. After all, they need their cars to commute to and from their illegal jobs.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:57 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Very good point Benicar. I'm curious now about the illegal population in Canada. I will have to look that up. I suspect the numbers are drastically different than the United States.
Especially on Memorial Day, let's not forget that in the 60s and 70s, Canada opened its doors and arms wide to draft dodgers flocking from the U.S.A. I have to wonder how many whose deaths we honor today might still be here if they hadn't been needed to replace dodgers fleeing their obligations. Canada was a sanctuary country then. Why wouldn't it be one now?

Old 05-30-2011, 02:45 PM

167 posts, read 239,572 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If they do, we will have a bloodbath. Most citizens will not tolerate that level of insolence from illegals, or blatant betrayal by our government. I would hope our military would side with us over foreign invaders. If not, the entire world will realize we are ripe for the picking. It is one thing to defend citizens during a revolt; quite another, to defend people who are in a country illegally.

On the other hand, nothing would surprise me from our pandering government. They already treat illegals better than many of our veterans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Their advocates would probably join them in a revolt if they get cut off. Then we will know who the real Americans are and who are the traitors among us.
If illegal immigrants were to start a rebellion I could guess it would be like 1992 Los Angeles all over the country. Hundreads of people could get killed if that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration