U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,675,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I agree but non approval is a non active solution. Bolting an ankle bracelet on these people is proactive.
Do you have one that is "tamper-proof"? Do you know how easy it is to cut one off and throw it away? And, after they do that, find your illegal to put another one on. You'll be doing that every day, with each and every one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 PM

6,526 posts, read 7,591,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
That would be nice if ICE actually sought out illegals and did just that. I mean, how hard is it really to find people here illegally? Our deportation system is a joke. They deport very few and most of them end up right back here within a year or so. Illegals have nothing to lose and everything to gain by just doing it all over again. We offer a VERY cushy landing spot with great perks for those that continue to molest our current system. SHAME ON US!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Exactly! Good post. They are everywhere here in central Ill, not hard to look for them.
I am thoroughly convinced that a group of 300+ illegals could protest our laws on the front lawn of any ICE office and nothing would happen to them. Of course, they would bring reps from the ACLU and the liberal media to make sure they get adequate exposure as well.

Once again, our system is a joke, and they laugh at us daily.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:50 PM

108 posts, read 134,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I agree but non approval is a non active solution. Bolting an ankle bracelet on these people is proactive.
But if you can find them to put a bracelet on them why wouldn't you just send them back to where ever it is they came from when you had the chance?

Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM

108 posts, read 134,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
A couple of years ago Israel started deploying automated robot-snipers at certain locations on their borders, why aren't we doing the same?

Can't bribe a robot.........

Robo-Snipers, “Auto Kill Zones” to Protect Israeli Borders

Once our borders are secure then we concentrate on ridding America of these illegal aliens.....

DEPORT, NOT SUPPORT
Because America has become way too sissified to ever let that fly.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,097,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmce View Post
Because America has become way too sissified to ever let that fly.
isnt robot snipers sissified? man-up and man a post. of course not, talk and let others do the work.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:53 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,353,945 times
This is just crazy you all seem to have ideas, i have my own theories of what we should do, we seem to care about illegals being here~ why oh why, do those that it should matter to the most not care about this problem, amazing is it not. I serioulsy think that those in power, don't care about this issue, because if they did, something would have been done by now, or at least attempted a try at fixing what is wrong. If we do not get a handle on this now, the cost of keeping them here will be so much higher then it now is. Hope and change would of been a brand new President who talked about being different then the rest, would of been someone who actually cared about our illegal problem, clearly he does not.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
isnt robot snipers sissified? man-up and man a post. of course not, talk and let others do the work.
Well, besides the standard "close the border" talk we have recently had the idea of being able to "shoot" whomever comes over, and making it illegal for large families (whether or not we can determine they are actually illegal aliens) to buy food...

Ankle bracelets by the millions, law enforcement to check for "papers" nationwide, certainly nothing that would change the nature of the United States...

Why not put "robot snipers" into the mix?...

Old 06-07-2011, 06:09 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This is just crazy you all seem to have ideas, i have my own theories of what we should do, we seem to care about illegals being here~ why oh why, do those that it should matter to the most not care about this problem, amazing is it not. I serioulsy think that those in power, don't care about this issue, because if they did, something would have been done by now, or at least attempted a try at fixing what is wrong. If we do not get a handle on this now, the cost of keeping them here will be so much higher then it now is. Hope and change would of been a brand new President who talked about being different then the rest, would of been someone who actually cared about our illegal problem, clearly he does not.
I was just watching the news with a video of Obama saying that there isn't a morning he doesn't wake up and wonder what he can do to get Americans back to work. Well duh, how about getting rid of millions of illegals in this country, Obama? I realize that there are many Americans out of work that are of the more skilled and educated but there certainly is a fair share of blue collar workers seeking work also. Just how dumb is it that it never occurs to him that we have millions of illegal foreingers working and yet millions of Americans without a job?

Old 06-07-2011, 06:18 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Well, besides the standard "close the border" talk we have recently had the idea of being able to "shoot" whomever comes over, and making it illegal for large families (whether or not we can determine they are actually illegal aliens) to buy food...

Ankle bracelets by the millions, law enforcement to check for "papers" nationwide, certainly nothing that would change the nature of the United States...

Why not put "robot snipers" into the mix?...
What you are doing is quoting what radicals think we should do. Those aren't the sentiments of the majority of Americans who want our immigration laws enforced and our borders secured.

As for shooting illegal entrants at the border I am not opposed to that just as long as it is the military that does it and not citizens taking matters into their own hands.

Ankle bracelets? That is for those who are awaiting an immigration hearing and are a flight risk. I'd rather we hold them for only a week while they get their day in court expidited and sent home if proven they are here illegally.

Not allowing them to by food is also far fetched but having to prove they are here legally to rent a place to live isn't so far fetched.

LE should be able to check for status in this country when someone is stopped under lawful contact if they can't provide a valid I.D. These are the things that the majority of law abiding Americans want, not radical nonsense that the pro-illegals like to jump on just to demonize the rest of us.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 PM

6,526 posts, read 7,591,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We should be able to check for status in this country when someone is stopped under lawful contact if they can't provide a valid I.D. These are the things that the majority of law abiding Americans want, not radical nonsense that the pro-illegals like to jump on just to demonize the rest of us.
Yet states don't even have that power, and when they seek to get it, they are sued by the government. This forum is nothing more than a rant and wishfulful thinking tank. We all seem to get the big picture, yet nothing is being done about it. The problem is pervasive in nature and in plain sight for anyone with half a brain to see. To put it plainly, our government is betraying its citizens by not taking action. It is willful ignorance in its sickest form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration