Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 03:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

some people need to check the history books. the borders were pretty well controlled until the 60s when johnson got into office and backed off enforcing immigration laws.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:28 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I thought it was the Republicans looking for employers to use E-verify?

Until that is in place, how does an employer know who is being employed?
Has the Democrats jumped on board the E-verify system?

This is what I'm wondering myself, I'd fully support the prosecution of employers that knowingly hire illegals but they need the tools to be able to easily and accurately identify illegal workers.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:56 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This is what I'm wondering myself, I'd fully support the prosecution of employers that knowingly hire illegals but they need the tools to be able to easily and accurately identify illegal workers.
Seems many glossed over what the US Supreme court and federal law says.

Arizona won a victory to recind/suspend licences of busisnesses that are twice convicted of hiring illegal alien workers.

The federal law does not allow a state to assess criminal or punitive fines to companies convicted of hiring illegal alien workers.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
So, under the Obama administration, there have been more than double the number of workplace investigations, quadruple the number of corporate audits, $43 million in fines to business owners, 119 convictions and deportations of illegals have risen sharply.

This is exactly what the rightwingers here have been calling for.

Let's watch them disparage the President anyway.

3. . .

2. . .

1. . .

Obama has also ordered that only felon criminal aliens be deported. What about the rest?

Old 05-30-2011, 05:41 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Well said Not to mention republicans love illegals. Just look at Reagan who passed blanket amnesty, Bush who called for it and McCain who also tried to pass an amnesty bill in congress.
Yeah because sanctuary cities for illegals like San Francisco and Los Angeles are Republican strongholds.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
Nope, waste of money. Take away the jobs that illegal immigrants get, and they'll leave and not come here in the first place. There are millions of them and when you catch them, you deport them. The chances of catching a large chunk of them is small and the cost is HUGE.

Prosecute the employers who hire them and they won't have a reason to come here. There won't be jobs for them.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Has obama done anything to stop the flow of illegal aliens into America?

No, all he's done is shifted where and how they invade us.

His administration makes the wildest claims and the progressive Democrats lap it up.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Obama has also ordered that only felon criminal aliens be deported. What about the rest?
Exactly as I predicted.

Strange that you quote my post and yet IGNORE THE CONTENT of it.

Maybe if I make it all colory and splashy you'll pay attention.

"The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency expects to deport about 400,000 people this fiscal year, nearly 10 percent above the Bush administration's 2008 total and 25 percent more than were deported in 2007."

If Barack Obama is focusing on the FELON CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS, and in doing so he's deporting TWENTY FIVE PERCENT MORE OVERALL than in previous years, how is this not a good thing? For G-d's sake, YES, rid this country of the FELON CRIMINALS first! You're damn straight those are the ones whose deportation should take precedence!

In fact, according to PolitiFact, it's 100% true that the deportation of FELON CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS has increased by 70% under his administration.
The raw number of convicted criminals who were deported went from 114,415 in 2008 to 195,772 in 2010. That's 71 percent. So that squares with Obama's claim.

Data for the first half of the 2011 fiscal year (which began at the end of September) suggests that trend is continuing, with about 52 percent of the deportations involving convicted criminals.

In an Oct. 6, 2010, press release, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said the numbers reflect the administration's "prioritizing the identification and removal of criminal aliens who pose a threat to public safety."
You rightwingers are all about smaller government, then pitch a holy fit when there aren't enough government resources to do every tiny little thing you demand from them, the instant you demand it. You don't get to have it both ways. Pick one and stick with it.

Last edited by Jill61; 05-30-2011 at 09:30 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 09:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Exactly as I predicted.

Strange that you quote my post and yet IGNORE THE CONTENT of it.

Maybe if I make it all colory and splashy you'll pay attention.

"The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency expects to deport about 400,000 people this fiscal year, nearly 10 percent above the Bush administration's 2008 total and 25 percent more than were deported in 2007."

If Barack Obama is focusing on the FELON CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS, and in doing so he's deporting TWENTY FIVE PERCENT MORE OVERALL than in previous years, how is this not a good thing? For G-d's sake, YES, rid this country of the FELON CRIMINALS first! You're damn straight those are the ones whose deportation should take precedence!

You rightwingers are all about smaller government, then pitch a holy fit when there aren't enough government resources to do every tiny little thing you demand from them, the instant you demand it. You don't get to have it both ways. Pick one and stick with it.
Of course it's a good thing (and no need to be a snotty either) but that doesn't change the fact that he is allowing all other illegals to remain here hoping an amnesty will pass for them. No one has said that felons shouldn't take presedence either. It's like saying "well we'll lock up the murderers and rapists but we'll allow thieves to run amok among us".

Rightwinger? Why is it always about party line to you lefties? We can have smaller government while still using the necessary resources to rid our country of illegal aliens. It is no different than the necessary expediture of retaining law enforcement officers or the military. Smaller or larger government has nothing to do with that.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:54 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
I'd delete some of these posts for trolling, but then I'd be labeled a republican/democrat puppet... because as we all know, everything is a partisan issue, common sense has no place in a political debate.
Since from what I can see most folks came here to argue instead of actually contributing or discussing facts, I'm closing this thread.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration