U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:06 AM
 
1,291 posts, read 2,514,243 times
Reputation: 1264

Advertisements

These are your tax dollars being wasted on illegal aliens.

All you libs are OK with that right? You are happy that Americans do without
as long as the illegals are taking care of?

You're fine with dollars that could be better spent elsewhere being spent on those breaking our laws and shating on our flag?
The same flag that thousands of Americans have died for?

How can anyone support that position and call themselves an American?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post


WIC is meant to help American children, not the offspring of foreign nationals afford to stay some place they don't belong. One has nothing to do with the other. It is disgusting that you would even suggest that we can't help our own citizens unless we agree to help criminals at the same time.

The people in Georgia and the people of the United States have repeatedly voted for immigration laws that state that if you want to come here you'd better do so legally with permission and you'd better damned well not go on welfare.

If you really wanted to do what the people in Georgia (and the American public) we'd enforce existing laws against illegal aliens. Very few Americans want them here. They very often don't speak English. They pay very in taxes. They are a drain on the public till.

The problem isn't our laws. The problem is pandering politicians, an idiotic arrogant ethnic lobby that puts the needs of their raza above the needs of the American public and some greedy employers who would rather import slaves than pay a decent wage to locals.
the eligiblity allows illegal aliens to apply...You may not want them to be able...but that is not current law.

Im sure there are plenty of people you can blame...but that does not change the eligiblity requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 AM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,657,730 times
Reputation: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I cant speak to your treatment, but how does that or anything else you posted have to do with who is eleigible in Georgia for WIC benefits.

Since WIC is a federally funded program and if you feel that it is poorly run in Georgia, I guess the people of Georgia can vote to do away with the program and no Georgian women, infant, or child will qualify.

Why should citizens have to suffer because too many illegals abuse the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:17 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I cant speak to your treatment, but how does that or anything else you posted have to do with who is eleigible in Georgia for WIC benefits.

Since WIC is a federally funded program and if you feel that it is poorly run in Georgia, I guess the people of Georgia can vote to do away with the program and no Georgian women, infant, or child will qualify.
You say if we don't like the laws we should change them. Unfortunately, we are up against pandering politicians on both the state and federal levels. Therefore we continue to try and get the laws changed and express our opinions in here. That seems to be your problem is objecting to the expression of our opinions in here just because we aren't getting cooperation from our lawmakers. The pro-illegals aren't getting what they want through legislation either and yet they continue to vent in here also so what is the difference?

Why in the world would Georgians want to change the laws for WIC requirements that would only include needy citizen mothers and their children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Why should citizens have to suffer because too many illegals abuse the system.
How is it an abuse of the system if they are afforded the benefit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Reputation: 3289
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
How is it an abuse of the system if they are afforded the benefit?
Either you've been living under a rock, or purposely playing dumb, or you are one of them.

Whichever it is, I'll try to answer your question.

It's abuse of the system because they aren't LEGALLY here, because they keep having baby after baby, thereby increasing their benefits and most of all . . . BECAUSE THEY ARE LIVING BETTER THEN LEGALLY BORN AMERICANS, that's why.

Case in point. My mother was a computer programmer for 30+ years. A year ago she got laid off when her company decided they could make better profits outsourcing jobs to India (Frankly I consider THESE people to be illegals as well, especially when they know full well they are stealing jobs from the American people).

Anyway, She was forced to take a job at Squal*Mart (very demeaning when you were making 4000 a month as a senior programmer). Every day when she comes home I hear her stories of the abuse from Mexicans that goes on, Legal OR illegal. She says they load up entire carts with nothing but pop and then the cart retrieval guys tell her they see them outside pouring out all the pop and then bringing the cans back inside to change into cash to buy beer & cigarettes. Now you can argue that legal citizens do this as well and you would be right in that it's definitely WRONG. But the point is, do we need to add NON-citizens to the damage as well ? Aren't our own doing these kinds of things enough ?

Also, the pay at Squal*Mart sucks balls (as it does in any minimum wage-slow death job), so my mother went to see if she could get food stamps to help ends meet. You can guess the outcome. She was so outraged she actually said to the manager of the office that she had been paying HUGE taxes to support other people her whole life, so it's only right that now that she needs some help it's returned to her. All she got was a blank look.

Now YOU can explain to me how this situation could by any stretch of the imagination EVER be considered right and just.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
the eligiblity allows illegal aliens to apply...You may not want them to be able...but that is not current law.

Im sure there are plenty of people you can blame...but that does not change the eligiblity requirements.
Please show me where illegal aliens are allowed to apply for WIC. Because under law a LEGAL alien is not supposed to get welfare. That is a deportable offense. How can an illegal get welfare when a law abiding legal alien is not allowed to do the same thing?

I also find it quite ludicrous that you talk about obeying laws. By their very nature illegals are not supposed to be here. Does it bother you that they are breaking the law? Do you think they should be punished for doing so? Or are our laws to be designed solely to benefit foreign nationals at every turn?

That does seem to be the premise: when a law does not benefit the illegal then that law may be ignored or downplayed or excoriated as racist. When the law does benefit the illegal then all of a sudden the law is to be upheld at every turn.

The double standard is absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Either you've been living under a rock, or purposely playing dumb, or you are one of them.

Whichever it is, I'll try to answer your question.

It's abuse of the system because they aren't LEGALLY here, because they keep having baby after baby, thereby increasing their benefits and most of all . . . BECAUSE THEY ARE LIVING BETTER THEN LEGALLY BORN AMERICANS, that's why.

Case in point. My mother was a computer programmer for 30+ years. A year ago she got laid off when her company decided they could make better profits outsourcing jobs to India (Frankly I consider THESE people to be illegals as well, especially when they know full well they are stealing jobs from the American people).

Anyway, She was forced to take a job at Squal*Mart (very demeaning when you were making 4000 a month as a senior programmer). Every day when she comes home I hear her stories of the abuse from Mexicans that goes on, Legal OR illegal. She says they load up entire carts with nothing but pop and then the cart retrieval guys tell her they see them outside pouring out all the pop and then bringing the cans back inside to change into cash to buy beer & cigarettes. Now you can argue that legal citizens do this as well and you would be right in that it's definitely WRONG. But the point is, do we need to add NON-citizens to the damage as well ? Aren't our own doing these kinds of things enough ?

Also, the pay at Squal*Mart sucks balls (as it does in any minimum wage-slow death job), so my mother went to see if she could get food stamps to help ends meet. You can guess the outcome. She was so outraged she actually said to the manager of the office that she had been paying HUGE taxes to support other people her whole life, so it's only right that now that she needs some help it's returned to her. All she got was a blank look.

Now YOU can explain to me how this situation could by any stretch of the imagination EVER be considered right and just.
What does you story have to do with illegal aliens being eligible for WIC benefits?

If you have a beef with crappy Mexicans, take it up with them. Abuses by anyone to any program should be dealt with accordinly.

To equate people dumping out soda to buy beer at "wal-mart" with aliens qualifing for WIC benefits is absurd. One has absolutly nothing to do with the other... You see that right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Reputation: 3289
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What does you story have to do with illegal aliens being eligible for WIC benefits?

If you have a beef with crappy Mexicans, take it up with them. Abuses by anyone to any program should be dealt with accordinly.

To equate people dumping out soda to buy beer at "wal-mart" with aliens qualifing for WIC benefits is absurd. One has absolutly nothing to do with the other... You see that right?
I'm afraid it does. Sorry if I forgot to mention the pop they were seen pouring out was purchased with food stamps. Wic, Food Stamps, section 8 housing..it all falls under the same category: government entitlements. I hope this makes my post easier to understand.

Also, I notice you gloss over my mothers job circumstances and completely ignore MY question: That being how it could possibly be right, her job being stolen from her and she not being able to get any assistance after paying taxes to support the breeders her entire life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 11:57 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Please show me where illegal aliens are allowed to apply for WIC. Because under law a LEGAL alien is not supposed to get welfare. That is a deportable offense. How can an illegal get welfare when a law abiding legal alien is not allowed to do the same thing?

I also find it quite ludicrous that you talk about obeying laws. By their very nature illegals are not supposed to be here. Does it bother you that they are breaking the law? Do you think they should be punished for doing so? Or are our laws to be designed solely to benefit foreign nationals at every turn?

That does seem to be the premise: when a law does not benefit the illegal then that law may be ignored or downplayed or excoriated as racist. When the law does benefit the illegal then all of a sudden the law is to be upheld at every turn.

The double standard is absurd.
WIC is not welfare.
Quote:

Who gets WIC?

[LEFT]WIC is available to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding or have given birth within
the past two months, and children up to their 5th birthday. To be eligible for WIC, they
must meet the following requirements:
Be a resident of Georgia or a migrant farm worker currently living in Georgia.
• Be at nutritional risk. The nutritional risk must be determined and documented by a
nutritionist or other health professional. Examples of nutrition-related medical
conditions are: anemia, low birth weight, abnormal weight gain during pregnancy, a
history of high-risk pregnancies, or inadequate diet.
• Have a family income of no more than 185 percent of the federal poverty level. A
person receiving Medicaid, TANF, or food stamps automatically meets the income
eligibility requirement.[/LEFT]
http://dhr.georgia.gov/DHR/DHR_FactSheets/WIC%20Jan%2006%20rev.pdf (broken link)
*
Do you know the punishment for violating USC8 1325? What do you think the "punishment" is for violating 1325? the law also states that illegal aliens are allowed to go to school...should that law be followed?

Immigreation laws are both punitive and benificial, I dont advocate breaking either.

Which immigraion law that is legal and in practice is ignored or downplayed...and by whom?

Last edited by 1751texan; 05-31-2011 at 12:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top