U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 01:05 PM

2,788 posts, read 4,244,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Illegal Aliens receiving benefits (WIC Food Program)

I think its wrong too..But I also think your prejuidice and racist is also wrong..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 01:15 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,107,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
I think its wrong too..But I also think your prejuidice and racist is also wrong..
Illegals should not receive 1 cent from Americans.

Stealing is wrong.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 PM

575 posts, read 802,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
These are your tax dollars being wasted on illegal aliens.

All you libs are OK with that right? You are happy that Americans do without
as long as the illegals are taking care of?

You're fine with dollars that could be better spent elsewhere being spent on those breaking our laws and shating on our flag?
The same flag that thousands of Americans have died for?

How can anyone support that position and call themselves an American?
I don't think people who vote liberal would think of this as a partisan issue when they find out how easy it is for these people to get government assistance. The problem is they just are not aware. Raise awareness about this problem and I think more AMERICANS would be against it.

We have enough of our own citizens who need assistance to worry about citizens of other countries getting money ahead of our own.

But this problem can't be solved on it's own. Illegal immigration and the problems in other countries that make others come here illegally need to be solved before this ever stops.

It's obvious to me that the politicians, right center or left are not going to do anything about this.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,388,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
WIC is not welfare.
It's free food funded by the taxpayer. How is that not welfare? It's bad enough some people feel free to skip the line and settle here without permission. How dare they compound the problem by taking money from the public till!

http://dhr.georgia.gov/DHR/DHR_FactSheets/WIC%20Jan%2006%20rev.pdf (broken link)
Quote:
Do you know the punishment for violating USC8 1325? What do you think the "punishment" is for violating 1325? the law also states that illegal aliens are allowed to go to school...should that law be followed?
I think our immigration laws should be designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to benefit Americans. Why should our laws serve any other purpose? Why on earth should Americans be asked to literally subsidize someone's decision to immigrate?

And, no, I don't think an illegal should be able to send their kids to America's public schools. If the illegal wants their children to get an education they should move back home and get it there. Why should Americans be forced to educate a foreign national and their children? Our schools are overcrowded in part because of that idiotic decision. Worse, because of constant offensive demands by the illegal immigrant lobby and their ethic allies to educate their kids in a foreign language.

Quote:
Immigreation laws are both punitive and benificial, I dont advocate breaking either.
What purpose do you think our immigration laws should serve? Do you think there should be penalties for breaking them? Do you think Americans should allow anyone -- even with an infectious disease, third grade education, no English fluency or someone in their 80's to immigrate?

Do you think there should be any demands on immigrants? Any penalty for immigrating here without permission?

Quote:
Which immigraion law that is legal and in practice is ignored or downplayed...and by whom?
Illegals ignore our laws constantly. They drive without licenses, take welfare, fail to pay taxes, crowd our schools and proudly proclaim themselves "undocumented and unashamed" as if breaking our laws wer something we should applaud.

Many elected officials constantly demand that the American public hand them benefits. Barney Frank feels free to lecture Americans on the need to learn Spanish to accommodate the needs of stupid monolingual Latin American illegals. Obama pushes the offensive dream act that would grant citizenship to 30 year olds with a bare minimum of education and even multiple arrests. John McCain felt free to tell Americans we're lazy and illegals are not. Reagan handed out amnesty. W. went out of his way to cultivate the Hispanic lobby and pander on illegal migration. The chief of police in Los Angeles even tells us that illegals can drive without a license and insurance and not have laws confiscating their cars that apply to American citizens. The Maryland state legislature has the fricking nerve to cut programs for seniors and hand in state tuition to illegals.

It's sick how the wishes and desires of the American public are constantly shoved aside by greedy employers, ethnic sympathizers and pandering pols.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,017,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
...She says they load up entire carts with nothing but pop and then the cart retrieval guys tell her they see them outside pouring out all the pop and then bringing the cans back inside to change into cash to buy beer & cigarettes...
Consider for a moment if they took that soda home for use, and later returned with the empty containers. Same end result. Or are you worried about the waste of soda, or the fact that they can acquire it with food stamps?

Personally your story sounds like a return of pennies on the dollar (how many soda container returns does it take to buy beer or cigarettes?)...

Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 PM

32,826 posts, read 30,110,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Consider for a moment if they took that soda home for use, and later returned with the empty containers. Same end result. Or are you worried about the waste of soda, or the fact that they can acquire it with food stamps?

Personally your story sounds like a return of pennies on the dollar (how many soda container returns does it take to buy beer or cigarettes?)...
In CA not that many. The CA redemption is quite high. On a sad note the illegals were starting to horn in on the homeless by ganking all the cans at the beach and beach Cities. Even worse was they were stealing them from recycling containers where that money goes into general fund.

The good news is that they started requiring ID for any large copper loads and recycling. That put a serious dent in the illegal's extra income.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:35 PM

14,488 posts, read 7,126,825 times
Quote:
I cant speak to your treatment, but how does that or anything else you posted have to do with who is eleigible in Georgia for WIC benefits.

Since WIC is a federally funded program and if you feel that it is poorly run in Georgia, I guess the people of Georgia can vote to do away with the program and no Georgian women, infant, or child will qualify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post

WIC is meant to help American children, not the offspring of foreign nationals afford to stay some place they don't belong. One has nothing to do with the other. It is disgusting that you would even suggest that we can't help our own citizens unless we agree to help criminals at the same time.

The people in Georgia and the people of the United States have repeatedly voted for immigration laws that state that if you want to come here you'd better do so legally with permission and you'd better damned well not go on welfare.

If you really wanted to do what the people in Georgia (and the American public) we'd enforce existing laws against illegal aliens. Very few Americans want them here. They very often don't speak English. They pay very in taxes. They are a drain on the public till.

The problem isn't our laws. The problem is pandering politicians, an idiotic arrogant ethnic lobby that puts the needs of their raza above the needs of the American public and some greedy employers who would rather import slaves than pay a decent wage to locals.

Thanks for your response!

I don't think that WIC should be used to feed the children of illegal immigrants. Personally, I would like to see WIC limited for everyone being that I am a proponent of breastfeeding and feel that giving people formula just because they are poor is a waste of money since over 90% of women can breastfeed their babies for free.

But I REALLY don't think that someone should benefit from this program who is not a legal citizen and like Eleanora stated, we have recently passed some very strict state laws when it comes to illegal aliens and even though I am not a Republican, I am in almost total agreement when it comes to checking citizenship status of those who apply for federal benefits and the new laws that were passed in our state concerning illegal immigrants.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:46 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,046,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Illegal Aliens receiving benefits (WIC Food Program)
Outrageous!

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me in the least. It's just a reflection on how our government runs every program it gets involved with. These are the same people that are forcing Obamacare on you, and have promised to protect our borders while they sue states for trying to do what they refuse to do.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:57 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,222,929 times
Quote:
Quote:
I cant speak to your treatment,
but how does that or anything else you posted have to do with who is eleigible in Georgia for WIC benefits.

Since WIC is a federally funded program and if you feel that it is poorly run in Georgia, I guess the people of Georgia can vote to do away with the program and no Georgian women, infant, or child will qualify.
Then Don't!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:06 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,090,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Then Don't!
and I didnt...whats your beef dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration