U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,249,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Most minorities are only conservative on some things. I don't know what you are basing your assertions on that these illegal aliens which also fall into the minority demographics of this country would be Republicans if made citizens when clearly most minorities are Democrats.
What exactly are you basing your assumptions and assertions on?

I specifically referred to illegals from "south of the border," not all minorities; do not distort what I said to make yourself seem more plausible.

And I base my assertions on my many, many experiences with illegals, mostly those from Latin America who are poor, uneducated and very conservative. They work for conservatives and it is in their best interests to espouse a conservative ideology in order to keep their jobs.

How many illegals do you know that join and/or support unions? Most are here to undercut U.S. unions and trade labor, drive down wages and maintain the very large divide between the haves and the have-nots, something that big business and conservatives encourage.

No illegal is going to espouse an ideology that will threaten his/her foothold in the U.S. labor market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 05:22 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post

I specifically referred to illegals from "south of the border," not all minorities; do not distort what I said to make yourself seem more plausible.

And I base my assertions on my many, many experiences with illegals, mostly those from Latin America who are poor, uneducated and very conservative. They work for conservatives and it is in their best interests to espouse a conservative ideology in order to keep their jobs.

How many illegals do you know that join and/or support unions? Most are here to undercut U.S. unions and trade labor, drive down wages and maintain the very large divide between the haves and the have-nots, something that big business and conservatives encourage.

No illegal is going to espouse an ideology that will threaten his/her foothold in the U.S. labor market.
Whoa, slow down here. I think you both agree on most of the items being discussed. Both parties have proposed some sort of "legalization" as part of their platform. When Bush won many Latinos were voting Republican based on that component. Fast forward to Obama. The Democratic Party formatted the presentation to Latinos that they practically guaranteed a "path to Citizenship". The lie that never happened. While it is true that both parties are lying to the Hispanic vote to get votes concerning illegal immigration and some sort of fast track to citizenship it doesn't change the fact that most current Hispanic voters interested in the fast track short cut off "amnesty" voted Democrat based solely on that fact. Will that change? Probably. There is history and there is the snapshot of right now.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:34 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post

Are you kidding me? It is no assertion but a fact that most minorities are Democrats. Hispanics are a minority group in this country and most illegals here are Hispanics. Culturally and politically both groups are pretty much in sync with each other. I didn't distort anything! Why do you think that it is the Democrats pandering for the Hispanic vote? Republicans are mostly anti-amnesty and therefore that is one of the reasons they will never get the majority of the Hispanic vote.

As I said and it is just a fact that Hispanics whether legal or illegal are conservative on some issues but on many they are not. If that were so they would be Republicans rather than Democrats but most are not.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-31-2011 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Everybody please calm down before this turns ugly.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or