U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:43 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
But who can't tell the difference? You should be treated right...not just because you are an American...because it is the right thing to do.

You are a Pocho...pocho just means you were born here. like Chicano.
It anit a bad thing...and dont let anyone tell it is. NO ONE.

You will never change what people think of you...but dont add to the noise. People are going to hate you because of the way you look...even if every illegal is gone today.

Once they get rid of one group, they look around for the next...thats how they role.
I see, so what you are saying is that our objection to illegal immigration is really about getting all Hispanics out of this country even if they are citizens or legal immigrants? I smell the race card here. Once in awhile you expose your views without realizing it rather than your usual spouting of the Constitution. Thanks for that small peek anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 09:33 AM

777 posts, read 923,307 times
Default What are YOU doing besides talking about it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Not true. You have to pay for it via property taxes. You also cannot just send your child to any school in the country. If you don't live in a specific district you cannot send your child there. No court decision has ever granted any child the right to attend American school they wish.

A wrongly decided opinion that most people oppose.

Again not true. You get stabilized care. You can't just walk into an emergency room and get long term care for cancer. It is also not free. The American public pays for it. My damn co-pays just went up again.

The only treatment an illegal should be allowed is ER care for serious injury. Anything more and the patient should be sent home.

ER treatment only. The foreign dialysis patient is not an American problem nor an American responsibility. If a foreigner wants treatment that is not available in Mexico then let the foreigner lobby his government rather than make demands on the American taxpayer.

I frankly don't give a damn if a Mexican wants medical treatment. He's Carlos Slim's problem not my fiscal responsibility. Said foreign national should be immediately deported as a public charge.

You're the one arguing that we should fund dialysis treatment for Mexicans. A single year of dialysis can cost upwards of 50k for a single patient. You've also done a good job pointing out the costs that illegals impose on us ironically. Why do you think it will more expensive to deport people and enforce our immigration laws? Would it really be more expensive than continuing to provide health care, education, food stamps and all the rest of the welfare structure for ten million low skilled migrants?

And pro illegal supporters suffer from the fantasy that allowing millions of low skilled migrants with access to the welfare state at the expense of the American middle class should continue. That's not the way to get us out of a recession. All you'll do is encourage even more low skilled immigration. We should send the very opposite message: we don't need you. If caught you will be deported. We will track you down for payment if you show up in an ER because you're too lazy to go back to Mexico and use your own medical care system. We will not educate your kids. We will not provide you with interpreters. If you drive without licenses and insurance we will arrest and deport you.

All those positions are supported by the American public. More importantly they are low cost measures. It is not factual to suggest that reducing the numbers of children will increase costs or that refusing entry to someone eight months pregnant will somehow be impossible.

You keep saying the THE PEOPLE....Where are all these people??? When all those anti-SB1070 rallys took place and there were thousands of Mexicans and their supporters in the streets here in Phoenix and in Cali...putting down Americans, disrespecting our flag, creating chaos,, Where were the SB1070 supporters? If there were 1000 Mexicans protesting 1070 there were 50 Americans that showed up to support it. Where are the rest of those people??? I'll tell ya..they were at home watching it on TV. And that just won't do.
I get weary reading all these posts ranting about what is wrong..I want to hear what people are doing to make it right...It is obvious that our govt is dragging their heels in addressing the problem. It is obvious that businesses are still hiring illegals even tho it is against the LAW. Americans keep saying that they are tired of it.. maybe it is time a clear message is sent to our govt and the businesses that are sheltering them. It is time that a grass roots effort is started by Americans to stop illegal immigration. This can be done 1 person at a time...and 1 person will become 10 and 10 will become 50 but first you need to TURN OFF THE TV..GET OFF YOUR ARSE AND DO SOMETHING.
1. VOTE..Vote out those that support illegal immigration..
2. BOYCOTT.. Boycott shelter states, (just like Arizona was boycotted because of 1070) send letters to the Govenors of shelter states telling them of your intention, boycott businesses that you know are hiring illegals. Boycott your friends that hire day laborers and tell them why. We can no longer afford to turn a blind eye.
3. REPORT.. Report suspected workers. Report suspected drop houses. If you are truely against illegal immigration report those you know are illegal. If you are involved in an accident with an illegal call 911 and ICE..
4. Protest.. If there is a PRO-immigration rally show up for the other side..call your friends.. Make bigger signs..if the other side gets air time make sure you do too... Create your own bumper sticker or tee shirt stating your position. Organize your own rally... Let your government KNOW how you feel!
A recall effort is being mounted as we speak against Russell Pearce the author of SB-1070. Why? Partly, because of the negitive impact of 1070..if as many people supported 1070 as they say they do surely this wouldn't be happening....
Come to Arizona!!! Spend your convention and vacation dollars here so that jobs can be restored to workers reportedly laid off in the 1070 backlash..And let your booking agent know WHY you have chosen Arizona. Let the lawmakers of Arizona know of your intentions and why. We are in trouble down here and part of the reason is 1070.
The 1st of July is a Friday..with the 4th on the following Monday...PHOENIX!! Lets march for our state on the 1st of July...I have no idea how to organize such a thing but PM me and I will help get the ball rolling.
Illegal Aliens may have rights...but we the Citizens of these United States have rights too..and it's time we exercise them.
Whatever YOU do get off your butt and do it..raise your voice... if you do..others will follow.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:53 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
You keep saying the THE PEOPLE....Where are all these people??? When all those anti-SB1070 rallys took place and there were thousands of Mexicans and their supporters in the streets here in Phoenix and in Cali...putting down Americans, disrespecting our flag, creating chaos,, Where were the SB1070 supporters? If there were 1000 Mexicans protesting 1070 there were 50 Americans that showed up to support it. Where are the rest of those people??? I'll tell ya..they were at home watching it on TV. And that just won't do.
I get weary reading all these posts ranting about what is wrong..I want to hear what people are doing to make it right...It is obvious that our govt is dragging their heels in addressing the problem. It is obvious that businesses are still hiring illegals even tho it is against the LAW. Americans keep saying that they are tired of it.. maybe it is time a clear message is sent to our govt and the businesses that are sheltering them. It is time that a grass roots effort is started by Americans to stop illegal immigration. This can be done 1 person at a time...and 1 person will become 10 and 10 will become 50 but first you need to TURN OFF THE TV..GET OFF YOUR ARSE AND DO SOMETHING.
2. BOYCOTT.. Boycott shelter states, (just like Arizona was boycotted because of 1070) send letters to the Govenors of shelter states telling them of your intention, boycott businesses that you know are hiring illegals. Boycott your friends that hire day laborers and tell them why. We can no longer afford to turn a blind eye.
3. REPORT.. Report suspected workers. Report suspected drop houses. If you are truely against illegal immigration report those you know are illegal. If you are involved in an accident with an illegal call 911 and ICE..
4. Protest.. If there is a PRO-immigration rally show up for the other side..call your friends.. Make bigger signs..if the other side gets air time make sure you do too... Create your own bumper sticker or tee shirt stating your position. Organize your own rally... Let your government KNOW how you feel!
A recall effort is being mounted as we speak against Russell Pearce the author of SB-1070. Why? Partly, because of the negitive impact of 1070..if as many people supported 1070 as they say they do surely this wouldn't be happening....
Come to Arizona!!! Spend your convention and vacation dollars here so that jobs can be restored to workers reportedly laid off in the 1070 backlash..And let your booking agent know WHY you have chosen Arizona. Let the lawmakers of Arizona know of your intentions and why. We are in trouble down here and part of the reason is 1070.
The 1st of July is a Friday..with the 4th on the following Monday...PHOENIX!! Lets march for our state on the 1st of July...I have no idea how to organize such a thing but PM me and I will help get the ball rolling.
Illegal Aliens may have rights...but we the Citizens of these United States have rights too..and it's time we exercise them.
Whatever YOU do get off your butt and do it..raise your voice... if you do..others will follow.
An entire topic was started awhile back addressing what we are doing. Search for it otherwise it would just be a repeat. Perhaps it was you that started it before?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
You keep saying the THE PEOPLE....Where are all these people??? When all those anti-SB1070 rallys took place and there were thousands of Mexicans and their supporters in the streets here in Phoenix and in Cali... snip

Not that kind of issue. 5 or 6th on the importance list. And about half the population favor other solutions

Quote:
Really? And you know these day laborers are illegal how?

Quote:
Do that. By the third or fourth day awaiting ICE you would probably be hungry so make sure you keep food with you...ICE has more than enough candidates. They have to sort. And they try to get the bad guys...not the ones who are turned in.

Quote:
It is simply not that sort of issue. Pearce is going to have to put up with a recall election because he has annoyed a major constituent block. I expect the recall will fail but it will still happen and likely again.

There is no similar anti bloc. Though a majority of the Maricopa folk may well agree with Pearce it is not a gut issue. Fourth or fifth down the list.

So the question will remain one of relatively low priority. And will likely be allowed to remain as it is. Too bad.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:29 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
When marauding hordes move into established areas (with clear, internationally recognized and legal borders) in their tens of millions it constitutes an invasion. Criminal invaders have no rights other than to breathe.

High time all our politicians and law enforcement personnel grew enough balls or ovaries to call it like it really is...an invasion by criminals.

I love your line of thought, but, i doubt they can grow
enough balls to do anything. Hell, look at our leader,
he is a weak winkey clown with no guts.
yours was a good post though,,Gotta luv it.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:32 AM

15,924 posts, read 16,850,438 times
Yes they have rights, the right to leave America by train, airplane, automobile, bicycle, skates or feet

Once back in their motherland they have the right to protest their miserable lives to their own government(s).

They have the right to break their motherlands laws and regulations, not America's.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:36 AM

10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I find it ironic that many of you so called libertarians are constitutionalists, yet you only nit pick. The constitutions clearly says all people within the US jurisdiction have rights.

They have the right to get booted out of this country on their hinnies.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:16 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually you far over value the understanding of the people of America. Only a small minority even understand the argument.

But most know they don't want to use force to send those people back to Mexico. Now what?
Wow olecrab, Do you have a crystal ball or something
like that ? Maybe an ouija board strapped to your
leg ?
I am really amazed that you understand what the
understanding of the people of America is..
Damn, you must be one of those psyc. opps guys.
Come on now,, what am I thinking right now ?

BTW, who is they & how do you know what most want ?

Old 06-05-2011, 03:07 PM

17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
"Illegal Aliens do Have Rights"

Not the right to be here though.
That renders that pointless.

Found to be illegal, ship them back no matter where they are from.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,592,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Do you think they should have the right to ignore our immigration laws? To move here with infectious diseases and demand treatment? To skip the line when legal immigrants have been patiently waiting to come here? To commit crimes? To gain access to welfare programs funded by the American taxpayer? To drive without a license or insurance? To demand Americans learn Spanish or else hire interpreters because they have come here unprepared to function in and English speaking society?

Please tell us.
Like I have mentioned before, I would have no problem if the assimilated. As for your statement about illegals skipping over legals, I have a few friends who came here legally and they despise illegals. It makes them look bad and they sometimes get bunched up with the illegals. That is not fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or