U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times

Advertisements

"After it passed a robust immigration-enforcement measure last year, Arizona was practically expelled from the union.
The great and good denounced the state for its Gestapo tactics. The Obama administration sued it. The professionally outraged announced boycotts. Arizona stood condemned before the world, a byword for hatred and defiance of federal law.
And yet the Supreme Court last week implicitly ratified Arizona’s leadership role on immigration enforcement. It’s everyone else who is out of line, not Arizona".

Yes, We Can Enforce - Rich Lowry - National Review Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:14 PM

32,941 posts, read 30,188,716 times
Awesome sauce. Let the bills begin!!

Old 06-01-2011, 09:26 PM

3,513 posts, read 3,122,186 times
national review article so i automatically dismiss it and wont read it.

the supreme court ruling makes sense. employers should be punished for hiring illegals.

the problem is employers will still find a way to get around the law.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:52 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,167,320 times
Quote:
1AngryTaxPayer.........Awesome sauce.
This is funny I thought only my 18 yr old used this phrase

This is great hopefully they will be for all that are illegal. They need to hurry, seems that they are having children at a high rate of speed. Most I would say for kids to fit in they fall into the hands of gangs.
Gangs are getting out of control.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,095,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

This is great hopefully they will be for all that are illegal. They need to hurry, seems that they are having children at a high rate of speed. Most I would say for kids to fit in they fall into the hands of gangs.
Great minds think alike...[Just kidding]

This Arizona law deals specifically with Arizona businesses. Pregnant aliens and gangbangers are not the focus of this law.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:

My kids use it all the time. It's the most upbeat term I've heard in a while. The opposite of "weak sauce".

There are some on here that could learn from our kids or possibly retaking some classes in middle school. Many try and use big words that don't resemble big words cause dey kant spelt them biig wurds. I suggest remedial Engrish spllngt and grammur.

What do we expect, we allow them to birth at this high rate because our Govt says we must pay for it. For now. AZ has torched the road for other States to follow. If said people can't get free cash and services for their kids maybe they will:
A. Leave
B.Seek birth control.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
1751texan......Great minds think alike...Just kidding

This Arizona law deals specifically with Arizona businesses. Pregnant aliens and gangbangers are not the focus of this law.
Yeah, well if the stop the flow of people coming here for work, this will lessen the baby flow. Unless, ACLU gets involved and decides we should as Americans, pay for those illegals that can no longer get jobs in America and now their children will be affected.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My kids use it all the time. It's the most upbeat term I've heard in a while. The opposite of "weak sauce".
Yes, he uses that one to. When he started using it like 3 yrs ago, I would just look at him, I really didn't know what th say. Funny how we play on words. Keeping up as you get older, makes you see what your parents commented on.

Quote:
What do we expect, we allow them to birth at this high rate because our Govt says we must pay for it. For now. AZ has torched the road for other States to follow. If said people can't get free cash and services for their kids maybe they will:
A. Leave
B.Seek birth control.
Well I guess, we can hope for leaving, as for most, I think their religion, prevents them from being on birth control!!

Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Yes, he uses that one to. When he started using it like 3 yrs ago, I would just look at him, I really didn't know what th say. Funny how we play on words. Keeping up as you get older, makes you see what your parents commented on. It does keep you grounded and prevents you from turning into your Parents. Now, get off my lawn!! Neener neener

Well I guess, we can hope for leaving, as for most, I think their religion, prevents them from being on birth control!!
If they can "learn" how to game the system here they can "unlearn" how to have kids they cannot care for. We need to do our part and cut off the carrot(s) driving them here.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,118,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"After it passed a robust immigration-enforcement measure last year, Arizona was practically expelled from the union.
The great and good denounced the state for its Gestapo tactics. The Obama administration sued it. The professionally outraged announced boycotts. Arizona stood condemned before the world, a byword for hatred and defiance of federal law.
And yet the Supreme Court last week implicitly ratified Arizona’s leadership role on immigration enforcement. It’s everyone else who is out of line, not Arizona".

Yes, We Can Enforce - Rich Lowry - National Review Online
Great post.

Thanks for sharing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration