Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:50 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I dont any President in the near future doing much of anything.
This will have to happen on a state level.That is if the Courts dont overturn it.
You have hit on the main reason I would vote for Rino McShame over Bobama. That is their SCJ nominees. You would expect the sometimes conservative McShame to appoint a much more strict constructionist SCJ than the supposedly most liberal Senator in the Senate Bobama would. The next Pres is going to get to appoint at least several.

A Pres Bobama appointing a left wing liberal SCJ sure would change things in American, wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times
Too bad the politicians have no balls these days, and they pander to the Mexican government.

A good book to read, "The New Case Against Illegal Immigration" by Mark Krikorian (of FAIR). He talks about how Mexico is spreading it's government into the U.S., and the U.S. is letting them do it!

As for "inevitability", there is no such thing (except maybe you're going to die, and the earth will eventually expire) - these things are "man-made" - our government has done this to us. There is no inevitable "latinizing" of America - more and more of us are fighting - for goodness sakes, citizens are now guarding the border themselves! Can you imagine that at any other time in this country's history?

Wish Ike was back and would have the place cleared of illegals.

And, btw, what's wrong with not liking a certain group of people, for whatever reason? Maybe after you see what they do, you'd be fed up with them - like the flophouses with 20 illegals blasting music, drinking, and basically being bums. Of course, someone is going to be against hispanics because we see this all over, even if other hispanics are not like this. It's human nature. It's not "racism". That word is so overused, and means nothing anymore.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:10 PM

7 posts, read 9,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Hey dimbulb, would you take a look at the last line of the poem you posted?? Here, let me highlight it for you...

You see that word 'door' there? That implies 'permission' to walk in, not a free pass to kick in the kitchen window...

Hey genius, guess what the poem is...A METAPHOR...and also, genius, tell me exactly who is kicking in the "theoretical window", because the way I see it and the way everyone else sees it...they're either walking or swimming. How exactly can some one "kick in the kitchen window" if it's exactly what you said, a free pass. The way I see it a window can be opened the same way a door can...it's nice to see people can have intelligent debates without the use of name calling. Oh yea! Dim bulb is two words.......

Old 07-17-2008, 02:22 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramazea8730 View Post
Hey genius, guess what the poem is...A METAPHOR...and also, genius, tell me exactly who is kicking in the "theoretical window", because the way I see it and the way everyone else sees it...they're either walking or swimming. How exactly can some one "kick in the kitchen window" if it's exactly what you said, a free pass. The way I see it a window can be opened the same way a door can...it's nice to see people can have intelligent debates without the use of name calling. Oh yea! Dim bulb is two words.......
A metaphor? OK, if you say so. The illegal aliens swarming over our borders are the one's 'kicking in the window', a metaphor for 'breaking and entering'. In case you haven't noticed, NOBODY has opened EITHER a door or a window for illegal aliens, that's why they're called 'illegal'.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Too bad the politicians have no balls these days, and they pander to the Mexican government.

A good book to read, "The New Case Against Illegal Immigration" by Mark Krikorian (of FAIR). He talks about how Mexico is spreading it's government into the U.S., and the U.S. is letting them do it!

As for "inevitability", there is no such thing (except maybe you're going to die, and the earth will eventually expire) - these things are "man-made" - our government has done this to us. There is no inevitable "latinizing" of America - more and more of us are fighting - for goodness sakes, citizens are now guarding the border themselves! Can you imagine that at any other time in this country's history?

Wish Ike was back and would have the place cleared of illegals.

And, btw, what's wrong with not liking a certain group of people, for whatever reason? Maybe after you see what they do, you'd be fed up with them - like the flophouses with 20 illegals blasting music, drinking, and basically being bums. Of course, someone is going to be against hispanics because we see this all over, even if other hispanics are not like this. It's human nature. It's not "racism". That word is so overused, and means nothing anymore.

Well, if you like a certain group of people for their color and nationality I'm pretty sure its racism. Also, if you are going to use the term "illegals" you should incorporate all other nationalities, not just Mexicans, this implies your prejudice against the race. "Of course, someone is going to be against Hispanics because we see this all over, even if other Hispanics are not like this. It's human nature. It's not "racism"." If I am reading this correctly you are saying that it's o.k. to be racist because you say the majority of illegal Mexicans "blast music", (a very dramatic choice of words), "drinking", and "basically being bums". That is called racism, or maybe a cotton candy term would serve you better such as "generalization". I could almost guarantee that the Mexicans you are talking about are legitimate citizens. The Mexicans who are illegal have no time to drink, blast music, and be "BUMS"...being a bum is the privilege of American citizens who are "privileged enough to not have to do anything. Besides, the only bums I ever see are American citizens. Illegal Mexicans, forget all the other nationalities, need work, they need the jobs that your American counterparts are generously handing out. They need money to survive here just like any other person, and their work ethic shows it. If you don't want illegal immigrants taking job then you should have a good long talk to the employer who is giving it out to reap the financial benefits of some one who works cheaper and better, that's true patriotism. After all it is the right of the citizens. That's great that racism is human nature, but it still doesn't make it right. And just to let you know the whole western part of the U.S. has been "latinized" already. Yeah, ever since it used to belong to Mexico.

P.S. The word Hispanic is capitalized.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Well, if you like a certain group of people for their color and nationality I'm pretty sure its racism. Also, if you are going to use the term "illegals" you should incorporate all other nationalities, not just Mexicans, this implies your prejudice against the race. "Of course, someone is going to be against Hispanics because we see this all over, even if other Hispanics are not like this. It's human nature. It's not "racism"." If I am reading this correctly you are saying that it's o.k. to be racist because you say the majority of illegal Mexicans "blast music", (a very dramatic choice of words), "drinking", and "basically being bums". That is called racism, or maybe a cotton candy term would serve you better such as "generalization". I could almost guarantee that the Mexicans you are talking about are legitimate citizens. The Mexicans who are illegal have no time to drink, blast music, and be "BUMS"...being a bum is the privilege of American citizens who are "privileged enough to not have to do anything. Besides, the only bums I ever see are American citizens. Illegal Mexicans, forget all the other nationalities, need work, they need the jobs that your American counterparts are generously handing out. They need money to survive here just like any other person, and their work ethic shows it. If you don't want illegal immigrants taking job then you should have a good long talk to the employer who is giving it out to reap the financial benefits of some one who works cheaper and better, that's true patriotism. After all it is the right of the citizens. That's great that racism is human nature, but it still doesn't make it right. And just to let you know the whole western part of the U.S. has been "latinized" already. Yeah, ever since it used to belong to Mexico.

P.S. The word Hispanic is capitalized.
I do not discriminate: an illegal immigrant of any race/ethnicity is just that----------a lawbreaker.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
A metaphor? OK, if you say so. The illegal aliens swarming over our borders are the one's 'kicking in the window', a metaphor for 'breaking and entering'. In case you haven't noticed, NOBODY has opened EITHER a door or a window for illegal aliens, that's why they're called 'illegal'.
Yes, a metaphor. It is plain to see. Or is there literally a door right beside her? "Swarming"? I think a more humanistic term would be "crossing", that is unless you were going for that. Which would make us seem more like animals, insects to be exact, and if that is the case then you should know that everyone has feelings and nobody would like to be compared to an insect. Who is breaking anything? How are they breaking and entering? There is no wall. There is fence at some points through which they jump over, but your facts are mixed up. Has there been accounts of people actually breaking through something else? Breaking and entering means to physically BREAK THROUGH a house and enter it. Or are you still speaking of metaphors? What I have noticed is that they people who can open doors are the people who are face to face with it. Perhaps if the ability to become a citizen was far more attainable and did not seem like something that could only happen in dreams then more illegals would legitimately TRY to become legal, but that's not your problem is it? Do you know how many people apply to become citizens of the U.S.? MILLIONS. MILLIONS. That's not just Mexican either. Do you know how long it takes to even become a mere PERMANENT RESIDENT? No you don't because you don't bother looking at both sides of an argument. It can take over 10 years. That is unless you pull the right strings or of course have the money to pull the right strings. But again that's not your problem is it? So please please please don't tell me that the "door" hasn't been open...it's open as we speak, Lady Liberty has spoken, she wants the huddles masses, there's just a really long line. But hey that's not your problem you just want them out, right? You know you should also know that pretty soon here in the future you won't have to worry about any Mexican-American border because there won't be one. It's called the North American Union and it is underway as we speak, headed by the biggest corps., International Bankers, and Elitists of America. Look it up.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I do not discriminate: an illegal immigrant of any race/ethnicity is just that----------a lawbreaker.
Very true. If only America wasn't such an inviting place, and if only Mexico and other places weren't so bad to live in. I wish everyone could find a balance and live side-by-side peacefully.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:50 PM

299 posts, read 546,997 times
Quote:
Very true. If only America wasn't such an inviting place, and if only Mexico and other places weren't so bad to live in. I wish everyone could find a balance and live side-by-side peacefully.
Don't worry because the one worlder do gooders are working at lowering the standard of living in our country down to the third world countries so everyone can be equal.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Don't worry because the one worlder do gooders are working at lowering the standard of living in our country down to the third world countries so everyone can be equal.
ALSO very very true. I think in the near future nobody will have to worry about borders. Which, needless to say, is a bad thing for everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration