Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:44 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And if you **** them off, they all WILL vote because they'll want to vote against you.
FAIL.

Many Chicanos DONT like illegal aliens and WILL vote agains a pol who wants amnesty.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Reality is trying to sort people into boxes by race was always a stupid idea. Hispanics are about as mixed as you get. There's some Spanish and Portuguese in there. There's some Native American. There's some sorta dark Northern African in there and a good dose of much darker Southern and Central African.

What do the following people all have in common?

Portugeses or Brazil people aint always Hispanic. Some hate being dumped in with Spanish speaking people.

They're all from Brazil. Born and raised there in fact. They're also all people that can kick the crap out of you -- but that's cuz they're all elite MMA fighters -- and easier to find pictures of. Point is that you have a wide range of types of Hispanics. Every nation south of the border mixes things up a lot. More than the USA in a lot of cases. (And YES I'm counting Brazil as Hispanic. Bloody stupid to leave them off in a category of their own.)
Portugeses or Brazil people aint always Hispanic. Some hate being dumped in with Spanish speaking people.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taras View Post
Umm just because they are all from brazil doesn't mean they're all hispanic, anderson silva is clearly african not hispanic.
A Hispanic can be white, Black, Indian, Asian, etc. Not all of us are Aztec and Spanish blood.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:24 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Trouble is finding decent pictures of people to show the diversity of most every other country. But have it your way. Brazilians aren't Hispanic. But the ethnic diversity of South and Central America looks the same either way.

Hispanic is a place of origin and not a race. Non-Spanish Speaking South and/or Central Americans and/or Caribbean peoples are a non-category and don't count as anything apparently.

So why are Mexicans, Nicaraguans, Columbian, Peruvians, Argentinians and all the others lumped into one big pot? Why not just refer to them by their country of origin?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Trouble is finding decent pictures of people to show the diversity of most every other country. But have it your way. Brazilians aren't Hispanic. But the ethnic diversity of South and Central America looks the same either way.

Hispanic is a place of origin and not a race. Non-Spanish Speaking South and/or Central Americans and/or Caribbean peoples are a non-category and don't count as anything apparently.

So why are Mexicans, Nicaraguans, Columbian, Peruvians, Argentinians and all the others lumped into one big pot? Why not just refer to them by their country of origin?
Talk to the US gov bout that. This ill say: the less Indian or Black a Latino looks; the more they tend to have a tude bout being called Hispanic.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
So partially White makes a person White ? By your logic than someone like George Lopez is White, because he is genetically over 50% European.
We are what are genetics are. Partially white would be a mixed race with whatever else they are. Mexicans are mostly Spanish and native indian and are called Mestizos (mixed race).

Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
And if you **** them off, they all WILL vote because they'll want to vote against you.
Are you saying that Hispanics have no independant thinkers and vote as a group like robots? Non-Hispanics get angry about certain issues too but so what?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
By that measure, President Obama is white.

I'm looking forward to an era where skin color is completely irrelevant to how people think. Much simpler.
Yes, Obama is half white from his mother's side. Race doesn't always have to do with one's skin color.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:36 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:
By that measure, President Obama is white.
Actually he is pretty white, in more ways than one. Makes the racist overtones of some of his opponents all the more hilarious.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:57 PM

111 posts, read 97,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Actually he is pretty white, in more ways than one. Makes the racist overtones of some of his opponents all the more hilarious.
He gets a free pass though right?

'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, page-15]

That hate hadn’t gone away,' he wrote, 'blaming' white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.'

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama]

'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white . . .

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama]

'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.' While in college, Obama wrote (he) disapproved of what he called other "half-breeds” who gravitated toward whites instead of blacks.

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, pages-99-100]

"Yes, I'd seen weakness in other men -- Gramps and his disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become object lessons for me, men I might ... never emulate, white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own.

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, page 220]

It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.

And if later I saw that the black men I knew -- Frank or Ray or Will or Rafiq -- [Black Radicals] fell short of such lofty standards; if I had learned to respect these men for the struggles they went through, recognizing them as my own -- my father's voice had nevertheless remained untainted, inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval.

'You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people's struggle. Wake up, black man!' "

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, page 220]

From Dreams of My Father, “ I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER’S RACE”. Barack Hussein Obama

From ‘Dreams of my Father’, “The emotion between the races could never be pure, even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race (WHITE) would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.” Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by Taras; 06-03-2011 at 11:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration