U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 03:33 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Good. Now maybe we can get decent, authentic Mexican food instead of that horrible Tex-Mex imitation crap.
Right! There are no Mexican-Americans that know how to cook authentic Mexican food. None that own restaurants here.

Go visit Mexico if you don't their food is authentic enough.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Good. The US needs a constant flow of immigrants. Immigrant families have the strongest work ethic in the US.
The subject isn't "immigrants" it is illegal aliens. We take in over 1 million legal immigrants per year. So there already is a constant flow of "immigrants". No one group whether they be immigrant or citizen holds the market on strong work ethics. That is just negative and false stereotyping.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
All American NYC? You know what is funny about your post? Take your comments and rewind back several hundreds years ago and I'm sure the Native American Indians in America felt the same way you do now!
Yeah, and they are all dead now. Both the early settlers and those native indians so what has that to do with those of us alive today and our right to have immigration laws just like every other country does.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 PM

959 posts, read 1,115,080 times
California has more Mexican restaurants than American restaurants. American restaurants meaning places that have meatloaf, fried chicken, New York steak, mashed potatos, etc all in the same menu.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I'm sorry but if you come here, have a job, stay crime free and pay taxes then I don't see the problem. Sorry that most of them work harder and longer than you do, and in jobs you don't want; while you complain about being unemployed.

There's a 100% hispanic owned and operated McDonalds near my house and I have never waited longer than 45 seconds for my meal after ordering, that's enough convincing for me

And for the right-wingers on here, SPANISH ISN'T A SCARY LANGUAGE. YOU SHOULD TRY LEARNING IT SOMETIME.
Crime free? They committed a crime by violating our borders. Many do not pay income taxes when paid under the table either. Whatever taxes they do pay does not cover their social costs that we the taxpayers are having to cover.

Your nonsense about them working harder than an American is just pro-illegal lies and propaganda. They work cheaper and that is the reason they get hired and they have no right to any jobs in this country. There are no jobs that an American won't do for a fair wage. They did them before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor.

Oh, you use one McDonalds as an example in your area and your convinced that is the way it is across the entire nation?

I see, so it is only right-wingers that object to illegal immigration? This isn't about political parties but the rule of law. No one has said that Spanish is a scary language it is just that it is not the language of this country, English is, and we'll be damned if we are forced to learn Spanish to accomodate a bunch of illegal invaders.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, they aren't just like the Irish coming here long ago. The Irish came legally. Learn to know the difference...
And the indigenous tribes of centuries ago hunted deer "legally" too. There isn't any concept of "illegal" or "legal" in the absence of a law. Saying that immigration law is currently implemented is a more correct statement.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:18 PM

92 posts, read 118,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Come on down to Texas for a spell. ESL is pretty much a requirement for all certified teachers even if they don't deal with language issues.
Bilingual classes outnumber English only classes.
I haven't met a single kid born or brought to the USA when a toddler that don't know how to speak English fluently. All my cousins born in the USA speak English as their primary language, some started learning English in ESL classes, but after 2 years they were fluent enough in English to be transferred to English only classes, and now English is their language of preference.

English is my second language and like me a lot of Hispanics are learning English. All my Hispanics friends can speak, read and write English.

Quote:
Going to take a few more generations to acquire that fluent English.
That's pure lies, any kids no matter where in the world they were born, that goes through the American school system, will be fluent in English.

Quote:
Some kids only get English at school as there is no English at home or in their local community.
Those kids that only hear Spanish at home and go to school will become completely bilingual, of course, English being the language they will feel comfortable speaking.

I will name a few Hispanics of the millions that had assimilated into the USA culture:

1. Gloria Estefan
2. Cameron Diaz
3. Jennifer Lopez
4. Marco Rubio
5. Ken Salazar
6. Mel Martinez
7. Carlos Irvin Estevez AKA Charlie Sheen
8. Antonio Rodolfo Quinn-Oaxaca AKA Anthony Quinn
9. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen
10. Eva Longoria

These are just a few of the millions of Hispanics that had assimilated into the U.S. mainstream culture.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
All American Nyc..Im hispanic. and proud.
Who paved my way to be here, not you, it was my grandmother, my ancestors, My sons and daughters will take their heritage with them and be proud to be brown.
This is my Latin country,...and we are multiplying....
No, Latin America is south of our border. This is North America. Why would you defend illegal invaders from south of our border? The Comanche didn't live there.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
yes Mexico is such a dump that the richest man in the World happens to be Mexican while all of your teens love Cacncun on Spring Break!
So why isn't your richest man fixing Mexico then so that their citizens don't flee their country? Cancun is a resort. Please don't compare that to the many crapholes there are in Mexico.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-02-2011 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
In point of fact they're half right. We did take the southwest from mexico. Now they want it back...........and they're getting it back and then some.

http://www.raconline.org/newsletter/web/images/spring06_map.jpg (broken link)
No, we didn't "take" the southwest. We paid for it. Over our dead bodies will they get it back without a war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration