U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Have Illegal Immigrants As Neighbors ?
YES 29 46.03%
NO 34 53.97%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 04:47 PM

1,000 posts, read 891,730 times

Advertisements

As a matter of fact i did , until they got legal couple months ago (the wife told me).

Few details about them

- they were mexican, the kids were born herr

- cleanest house i have ever been in ( made me feel bad about mine)

- very family oriented

- very quiet

- husband works in construction very hard worker

- kids are typical americans

- very good neighbohrs

The neighbohrs that live accross the street are all white european, turns out they never bother to pay attention to their kids,one of the girls was molested by a transient, i found out when the pd came and interviewed everyone.

I choose the mexicans every day, i never even knew they did not have papers, but now they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 PM

32,611 posts, read 14,986,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
As a matter of fact i did , until they got legal couple months ago (the wife told me).

Few details about them

- they were mexican, the kids were born herr

- cleanest house i have ever been in ( made me feel bad about mine)

- very family oriented

- very quiet

- husband works in construction very hard worker

- kids are typical americans

- very good neighbohrs

The neighbohrs that live accross the street are all white european, turns out they never bother to pay attention to their kids,one of the girls was molested by a transient, i found out when the pd came and interviewed everyone.

I choose the mexicans every day, i never even knew they did not have papers, but now they do.
Stereotyping much? The reverse is also true. Too bad they didn't come legally in the first place and the construction industry is where many Americans got replaced by illegal immigrants. It is guite possible that the American taxpayer paid for the birthing of their kids and that their income is being supplemented by the government via their U.S. born kids. Guess that doesn't matter though?

Old 03-23-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Stereotyping much? The reverse is also true. Too bad they didn't come legally in the first place and the construction industry is where many Americans got replaced by illegal immigrants. It is guite possible that the American taxpayer paid for the birthing of their kids and that their income is being supplemented by the government via their U.S. born kids. Guess that doesn't matter though?
Their kids are in their 20s and they seem to me more grounded than the Americans accross the street. But it is I believe due to how family oriented the parents are.

Well they are legally now and to be honest those Mexican kids are well taking cared of. Better than the white people who is high all day and whose daughter got raped. This is just MY experience with MY neighbours. Not a generalization. The topic is do you have undocumented neighbours and unbeknownst to me I did.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Their kids are in their 20s and they seem to me more grounded than the Americans accross the street. But it is I believe due to how family oriented the parents are.

Well they are legally now and to be honest those Mexican kids are well taking cared of. Better than the white people who is high all day and whose daughter got raped. This is just MY experience with MY neighbours. Not a generalization. The topic is do you have undocumented neighbours and unbeknownst to me I did.
So you aren't going to address anything I said to you?

Why do you feel the need to bring up the race of the so-called dysfunctional family across the street? The topic is "do you have neighbors who are here illegally," NOT "do you have dysfunctional neighbors who happen to be white!"

Old 03-23-2013, 07:07 PM

Well they are white legal Americans. I am not saying every single white person is like that.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,284,069 times
Quote:
So you aren't going to address anything I said to you?

Why do you feel the need to bring up the race of the so-called dysfunctional family across the street? The topic is "do you have neighbors who are here illegally," NOT "do you have dysfunctional neighbors who happen to be white!"
Wow. You're pretty touchy about this subject it seems. I thought what was posted was a very interesting comparison. Seems he was saying his "illegal" neighbors are preferable to the legal ones. What's wrong with saying that?

I have a friend who has a similar situation to MauriceP. She lives next door to probably illegals. They, too, are Mexicans. No children. She says they are really nice, quiet, keep their house perfectly, as well as their lawn, and both appear to be hard workers. They go to work every day. I've seen the yard, and it's beautiful.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:12 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,790,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Nope none in my neighborhood. There's only one Hispanic family in my entire neighborhood in fact but I know their legal because they have cars (you need to be a legal resident to have a driver's license, and a legally registered car in PA) and I've heard them all speak English.
Funny. If you have a car you must be legal ? lol Thats Obama logic at it's finest there.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 AM

2,574 posts, read 1,816,732 times
Well since I lived in Chinatown Phila. for about 6 months, yes I had many neighbors that were undocumented. It was always easy to tell who they were. They would be the ones standing on the corners in the morning waiting for the 15 passenger vans to swing buy and pick them up and cart them off to work.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Wow. You're pretty touchy about this subject it seems. I thought what was posted was a very interesting comparison. Seems he was saying his "illegal" neighbors are preferable to the legal ones. What's wrong with saying that?

I have a friend who has a similar situation to MauriceP. She lives next door to probably illegals. They, too, are Mexicans. No children. She says they are really nice, quiet, keep their house perfectly, as well as their lawn, and both appear to be hard workers. They go to work every day. I've seen the yard, and it's beautiful.
How about stereotyping when in some neighborhoods quite the opposite is true? How about injecting race into the discussion? I smell an agenda.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
How about stereotyping when in some neighborhoods quite the opposite is true? How about injecting race into the discussion? I smell an agenda.
There is no agenda at least on my post. I would take those mexicans are neighbors any day. I am glad they became legals... (The parents). I do not know how they did it, but compared to the americans living across the street they are better neighbors.

And stating the race of a person is not generalizing; the people in all the other houses are white and most of them are ok. I only have problem with the fact they know we have a problem with homeliness in the county and they were not paying attention to their kids. And one kid got molested.

That issue on itself is worst to me than being illegally here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or