U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do You Have Illegal Immigrants As Neighbors ?
YES 29 46.03%
NO 34 53.97%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2011, 08:22 PM

5,305 posts, read 1,834,468 times
So are we still kinda guessing whether they are illegal aliens because they speak Spanish, or something a little more realistic?...
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 08:45 PM

3,191 posts, read 1,544,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
If we Jail those who provide jobs for illegals we can turn this around
That's an important part, but only half the solution.

Remove all freebies, remove automatic citizenship for babies born here from Illegals and step up deportations.

Also eliminate multiple appeals/ delays and releases while legal status is determined and the problem will be solved alot sooner.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:49 PM

47,586 posts, read 34,395,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So are we still kinda guessing whether they are illegal aliens because they speak Spanish, or something a little more realistic?...
Uhh.....they'll TELL you is one way you know. And they'll tell you about the others.

Or like one of my neighbors was walking and another neighbor picked him up to give him a ride. Well the guy with the vehicle - who is legally immigrated had a bad brake light he didn't know about. A cop gets behind him and puts on his lights to have him pull over and as he slowed down, the passenger jumps out and takes off running.

Of course the driver was just given a warning for the brake light but ended up having to answer a whole bunch of questions on why his passenger took off like a bat out of hell. Illegals can be amusing at times.

Or they'll offer you money to let them ride in the trunk of your car all the way to California. Do you think someone legally in this country would want to pay to be driven in the trunk of your car?

Or a couple of your neighbors find out that wages and benefits are a lot better in California but they don't own a vehicle. So they take off on their bikes but don't make it past the Deming checkpoint where they get picked up and deported. Of course they're back again three days later laughing about it.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 PM

5,305 posts, read 1,834,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...So they take off on their bikes but don't make it past the Deming checkpoint where they get picked up and deported...
It's actually closer to Las Cruces. Three days? You're pulling my chain again.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 PM

14 posts, read 1,365 times
If I ever do get any living beside me I can 100% grantee you that they will be the ones wishing THEY did not have as their neighbor..

Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,601,213 times
op: you should 've put a choice for "not sure"

Old 06-07-2011, 12:04 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,395,844 times
Quote:
It's actually closer to Las Cruces. Three days? You're pulling my chain again.
It's only about 50 miles between Las Cruces and Deming and they were traveling on bikes on I-10 and they got as far as that checkpoint -- which they didn't know about. (Imagine the looks on their faces when they realized we have border checkpoints well inside the USA)

They got sent back but they were back in the neighborhood in 3 days. Yes the whole adventure was just little more than 3 days if you count the day they traveled.

But yeah, if they were legals or citizens, they wouldn't have been deported. Technically they weren't deported, they were given the option of voluntary departure so made it back quickly.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:28 AM

9,122 posts, read 3,496,671 times
Quote:
But the inhabitants are still citizens of the United States...

There are language waivers for the elderly that are naturalizing. A U.S. citizen can return from being raised abroad as well. I'm personally aware of Native Americans living on the large reservations in the Southwest that are only fluent in their native dialect.

Babies are U.S. citizens without knowing English...

If you are alleging it is a requirement, source the reference...
Its no buts about United States. Puerto Rico is not a state.

Your logic is idiotic. Babies are irrelevant as they are born in Every country.

Like one poster said 99% of Americans speak English, and if they can't then they probably are illegal or tourist.

Seems like you are trying to protect an illegal.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 AM

3,855 posts, read 2,481,246 times
If one has a neighbor that speaks spanish around the house...that does not indicate that he does not speak English. I thought anti-illegals were ok with what language people chose to speak at home?

If your neighbor speaks Spanish around his home, that is not a good indicator that he doesnt speak English or that he does not communicate in english while at work, school, or out on the Town.

If a person speaking spanish is your only indicator that a person may be an illegal alien, then you have poor indicators...

Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 AM

9,122 posts, read 3,496,671 times
I am speaking about people that can't speak ENGLISH. Big difference.

Its a high probabilty they are illegal or a tourist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration