Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Have Illegal Immigrants As Neighbors ?
YES 29 46.03%
NO 34 53.97%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 07:46 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
There is no agenda at least on my post. I would take those mexicans are neighbors any day. I am glad they became legals... (The parents). I do not know how they did it, but compared to the americans living across the street they are better neighbors.

And stating the race of a person is not generalizing; the people in all the other houses are white and most of them are ok. I only have problem with the fact they know we have a problem with homeliness in the county and they were not paying attention to their kids. And one kid got molested.

That issue on itself is worst to me than being illegally here.
Most neighborhoods with illegals in them do not fit your stereotype and glowing remarks. It is quite the opposite so what's the point? What's important is that one be a citizen or to come to this country legally. Since they didn't I couldn't care less that they are legal now and have spotless floors. The father was working a job that he had no right to and illegals have put American construction workers out of work just to name one job that they have taken. If you'e ok with that based on their spotless floors then so be it. I have no further need to discuss this with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 03:52 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most neighborhoods with illegals in them do not fit your stereotype and glowing remarks. It is quite the opposite so what's the point? What's important is that one be a citizen or to come to this country legally. Since they didn't I couldn't care less that they are legal now and have spotless floors. The father was working a job that he had no right to and illegals have put American construction workers out of work just to name one job that they have taken. If you'e ok with that based on their spotless floors then so be it. I have no further need to discuss this with you.
Well as far as i know they are legal now. I dont condonne illegal immigration but i dnt think that fact alone makes them the scum of the earth.

The other people, the ones that allowed that rape to happened are imo the scum of the earth. Americans, born here etc and all, they are.

I like the mexican family, i never suspected them being illegal or undoccumented and i ilke the fact their kids are well taking care of.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
^Their daughter got raped and that makes her and her family scum of the earth? What kind of sick person are you?

Old 03-24-2013, 06:50 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
^Their daughter got raped and that makes her and her family scum of the earth? What kind of sick person are you?
His comment said that the inattentiveness of the parents caused the daughter to be raped. I know of a similar case for a family friend here (I won't reveal too many details, as she is still a minor), where her parents had a drug/alcohol party, and their daughter was raped by one of the "guests" (while they were passed out). She's had a pretty traumatic life so far (which she has learned to triumph over), and we've provided as much support as we can to her.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
His comment said that the inattentiveness of the parents caused the daughter to be raped. I know of a similar case for a family friend here (I won't reveal too many details, as she is still a minor), where her parents had a drug/alcohol party, and their daughter was raped by one of the "guests" (while they were passed out). She's had a pretty traumatic life so far (which she has learned to triumph over), and we've provided as much support as we can to her.
The parents are high all day and in the summer comes 8 am they just leave their kids out to be able to get hign. We have a problem with homeleness in the county and still.... So yeah they are the scum of the earth. They have like 5 kids (prob on welfare) social services is called all the time etc. so yeah i stand by my comment.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
The parents are high all day and in the summer comes 8 am they just leave their kids out to be able to get hign. We have a problem with homeleness in the county and still.... So yeah they are the scum of the earth. They have like 5 kids (prob on welfare) social services is called all the time etc. so yeah i stand by my comment.
Yeah, it's tragic. For the girl here, her "father" has cleaned up a little, and re-established a relationship with his daughter. I'm amazed with how strong she is, considering what has happened to her.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Their kids are in their 20s and they seem to me more grounded than the Americans accross the street. But it is I believe due to how family oriented the parents are.

Well they are legally now and to be honest those Mexican kids are well taking cared of. Better than the white people who is high all day and whose daughter got raped. This is just MY experience with MY neighbours. Not a generalization. The topic is do you have undocumented neighbours and unbeknownst to me I did.
They don't sound very grounded to me if they think they have some special right to ignore and break the laws of this country and teach their children that's it's fine to break whatever law you find inconvenient.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Some woman here wanted some work done (cheaply) and picked up and brought home an illegal. He raped her.

There is no evidence at all that illegals are superior to Americans or those who respect the laws of this country -- if that were true, their own country wouldn't be in such pathetic shape that they all want to flee it. It's very much like people who commit crimes like embezzlement or tax evasion. They might appear to be great people but they have a very lax attitude toward laws that don't convenience them. Illegals believe that the laws are for chumps.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They don't sound very grounded to me if they think they have some special right to ignore and break the laws of this country and teach their children that's it's fine to break whatever law you find inconvenient.

Well they are legal now AFAIK. Granted they made a mistake, but I would rather have them as neighbohrs than the other people. At least their kids are being well taken cared for.

As for the woman who hired the illegal and the daughter ot raped, she is as responsible as the rapist, sorry. As parents we are responsible for the welfare of our kids.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham2011 View Post
You can't control your neighbors. You may just be more open minded about illegal immigrants. At least they don't spray paint your house. At least they don't rob you, instead you can still feel safe in the house. It's not as bad as you think!
Are you honestly trying to portray illegal aliens as being paragons of virtue? There are NO illegal aliens spray painting buildings, committing robbery or other criminal offenses? Really? If we can feel safe in our homes, perhaps you'd like to explain why thousands of illegal aliens are currently incarcerated for rape, robbery, murder and other violent crimes, including home invasion. In case you don't know, criminals come in every race, ethnicity, and national origin. Furthermore, if there were no illegal aliens with a criminal proclivity, there would be no need for prisons in their countries of origin.

Quote:
As a matter of fact i did , until they got legal couple months ago (the wife told me).

Few details about them

- they were mexican, the kids were born herr

- cleanest house i have ever been in ( made me feel bad about mine)

- very family oriented

- very quiet

- husband works in construction very hard worker

- kids are typical americans

- very good neighbohrs

The neighbohrs that live accross the street are all white european, turns out they never bother to pay attention to their kids,one of the girls was molested by a transient, i found out when the pd came and interviewed everyone.

I choose the mexicans every day, i never even knew they did not have papers, but now they do.
Please explain how you determined the citizenship or immigration status of your "white European" neighbors. Or, are you assuming they are legal solely on the basis of race? By your own admission, you didn't know the Mexicans were here illegally. Therefore, how do you know your undesirable white neighbors are here legally? Granted, most illegal aliens are Mexican. But, surely you must realize we have illegal aliens from every region of the world, including European nations. In other words, as far as you know, your "bad" white neighbors could in fact be illegal aliens, could they not?

Quote:
Their kids are in their 20s and they seem to me more grounded than the Americans accross the street. But it is I believe due to how family oriented the parents are.

Well they are legally now and to be honest those Mexican kids are well taking cared of. Better than the white people who is high all day and whose daughter got raped. This is just MY experience with MY neighbours. Not a generalization. The topic is do you have undocumented neighbours and unbeknownst to me I did.
You previously stated the children were born here. Would that not also make them Americans? I am curious as to why you chose to make a distinction between your white neighbors by referring to them as Americans, whereas, you consider the U.S.-born children of the alleged former illegal aliens as being "Mexican kids."

Quote:
Well they are white legal Americans. I am not saying every single white person is like that.
Again, how did you make that determination? A deported friend of one of my cousins was a white illegal alien from Canada. Had she lived in your neighborhood, would you have known she was here illegally, or would you have assumed otherwise?

Quote:
Well they are legal now AFAIK. Granted they made a mistake, but I would rather have them as neighbohrs than the other people. At least their kids are being well taken cared for.

As for the woman who hired the illegal and the daughter ot raped, she is as responsible as the rapist, sorry. As parents we are responsible for the welfare of our kids.
No, they did NOT make a mistake, because "mistakes" are unintended. They entered this country in violation of our laws, entered on tourist visas with the intention of remaining, or chose to ignore the terms of their visas. All are conscious decisions. One does not live in a country illegally for over 20 years by mistake. Nor did the "hardworking" dad work construction for years under the table (tax evasion), using a stolen (theft) or fake (fraud) SSN, by mistake. So, let's not try to sugarcoat these crimes. And, they are indeed criminal offenses. Likewise, I know a "nice" drug dealer aka unlicensed pharmacist, who is considered the pillar of his community. He lives in a beautiful home, well manicured lawn, and donates to local charities. His children are well-mannered, always clean, and are exceptional students. In other words, being a good neighbor is not a mitigating factor relative to flouting the law.

I am glad you qualified your comments by stating AFAIK. After all, you have only the word of the mother that they are now legal. You haven't actually seen documentation to verify her claim, have you? So, as far as you know, they could still be living here in violation of our laws. However, you are certainly entitled to your preference for them as neighbors.

I think you need to re-read malamute's comments. The woman who hired the illegal alien was raped, not her daughter. Furthermore, IMO, it is reprehensible to blame a rape victim for the behavior of a depraved rapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration