Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Have Illegal Immigrants As Neighbors ?
YES 29 46.03%
NO 34 53.97%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Unprovable assertion, keep believing in fairlytales...

No one other that the most anti-illegal aliens blogs pass out this fanciful theory. Lets be clear, this is the most unfounded theory the Anti-illegal extreme minority spews. That and... a boprder fence can be built along the entire US-Mexico border. Thats a good one too.
So, is it your true belief that all of the jobs being given to illegals by these companies are jobs that Americans WON'T DO?

WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 10:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
So, is it your true belief that all of the jobs being given to illegals by these companies are jobs that Americans WON'T DO?

WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition
Right, like construction, restaurant, landscaping and other blue collar jobs. Americans have never done them and still refuse to do them today.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Right, like construction, restaurant, landscaping and other blue collar jobs. Americans have never done them and still refuse to do them today.
Yep, what a joke, huh? Growing up, I remember that most AMERICAN teenagers in my town were employed by McDonalds, Taco Bell, restaurants, grocery stores and car washes. I also remember quite a few American adults employed at these places. So, when did we supposedly STOP wanting to do these same jobs? We didn't stop wanting them. The owners wanted to stop paying people a decent, living wage so they could afford that fancy car, big house and luxurious vacations.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Since everyone on my block is either in the military, retireed from the military, or a military dependent, I would assume not.
You might be surprised, especially for Sierra Vista. I'm aware some spouses of servicemembers that don't have immigration status, mostly from being brought over young and growing up in the United States. The military assigns a number for the dependent's ID card in those instances (in fact the DOD is probably the agency that deals with the most foreign-born personnel and dependents), and the card primarily is referenced from the servicemember's Social Security number anyways. For Active Duty servicemembers, their families qualify for government benefits immediately if needed (unlike regular legal immigrants, which must wait five years after gaining Legal Permanent Resident status), and can sponsor their families only having 100% of "poverty level" income (otherwise it is 125%).

I've advised who I knew of to get a military dependent's ID card as soon as possible (they qualify as soon as the marital relationship is established)...

Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nostalgia Critic View Post
I suspect that I do. Across the street from me there is a 3 bedroom house that is shared by 9 people. And I never hear them speak a single word of English.

I do believe when wrong is wrong..like stealing identities and things that are against the law..
I also know I have not walked in their shoes.
Someone who is very important to me..He came here with his mom when he was 8, it wasnt his choice to come her illegally.
His mom did pay a very large sum of money to an attorney to help her family become legal citizens. How was she to know the attorney would keep her money? It is not her fault he scammed her.
He took advantage of her.
So does that make him any better than her just because he is an American citizen? I think not.
Yes he is doing what he has to do to become a citizen..he deserves that right.
I wish him and his family the best.
They are humans first..before illegals.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post

No. Nor is it the unprovable theory...that jobs lost by deported illegal aliens will automatically will be given to an American workers.

Can you prove that a job lost by an deported illegal alien wouldn't be offered to another alien? No.

Can you prove that a job lost by an deported illegal alien would even be offered or kept open for an Ameircan worker? No.

You cant even say, that for every alien deported...That alien held job. Can you?

You dont take into consideration that an alien deported can either be a student/child, Homemaker, or elderly...so your whole "deported alien for American job" theory is bogus.

An American can do any job a illegal alien worker does, that doesnt mean if deported, the position will stay open or be offered to an Ameircan.

Reason beyond simplistic slogans...

Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
I do believe when wrong is wrong..like stealing identities and things that are against the law..
I also know I have not walked in their shoes.
Someone who is very important to me..He came here with his mom when he was 8, it wasnt his choice to come her illegally.
His mom did pay a very large sum of money to an attorney to help her family become legal citizens. How was she to know the attorney would keep her money? It is not her fault he scammed her.
He took advantage of her.
So does that make him any better than her just because he is an American citizen? I think not.
Yes he is doing what he has to do to become a citizen..he deserves that right.
I wish him and his family the best.
They are humans first..before illegals.
Yeah well, bank robbers are humans first also but that doesn't excuse their criminal act. The parents who came here illegally and brought their kids with them need to suffer the consquences for their actions just like an American lawbreaker does.

It may not be her fault that she got scammed but anytime you use an attorney you first find out of they are on the up and up before using them. It also isn't our govenment's fault that she got scammed and it is no reason to change our immigration laws for her.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You might be surprised, especially for Sierra Vista. I'm aware some spouses of servicemembers that don't have immigration status, mostly from being brought over young and growing up in the United States. The military assigns a number for the dependent's ID card in those instances (in fact the DOD is probably the agency that deals with the most foreign-born personnel and dependents), and the card primarily is referenced from the servicemember's Social Security number anyways. For Active Duty servicemembers, their families qualify for government benefits immediately if needed (unlike regular legal immigrants, which must wait five years after gaining Legal Permanent Resident status), and can sponsor their families only having 100% of "poverty level" income (otherwise it is 125%).

I've advised who I knew of to get a military dependent's ID card as soon as possible (they qualify as soon as the marital relationship is established)...

I see, so you advise other military personnel when they marry and illegal alien to get this card so they can tap into our taxpayer benefits?

Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
Not everyone that speaks another language is illegal.

We have many neighbors that are not US citizens, from all over Europe, Asia, and especially India. They are employees of Microsoft here on work visas. No hispanics though we see a bunch of Spanish speakers standing in front of the Home Depots looking for work. Seems like if they were illegal they would be easy pickings for Homeland Security & Border patrol.
Thats true, but All Americans can speak English. Not speaking English is a good chance they are illegal.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:28 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see, so you advise other military personnel when they marry and illegal alien to get this card so they can tap into our taxpayer benefits?
It's more of a way for them to have documentation to "cause pause" for anyone trying to take them into custody. The ID is used correctly: Proving they are a dependent of that servicemember. I also advise how they can start a process to "legalize" their spouse.

I think in almost all that I was aware of the marriage was already established. One in particular was not, and I advised (as that has to be the start anyway) for them to marry as soon as possible, so the would-be wife could get a dependent's ID card. All of the experience I gained in navigating the immigration system I freely advised to others (in particular a servicemember has access to a contracted support organization that will provide free certified translations of foreign documents like birth and marriage certificates).

I'm only telling them of the petitioning process that is set up, again in almost all cases I am corresponding with the U.S. citizen side of the relationship. Also be aware that I deliberately keep my own spouse and family unaware of any interaction I have with any other couple in that status. My wife has never had any interaction with someone that is without immigration status in the United States, nor assisted in any way to have someone come or stay in the United States illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration