U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 11:24 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Sadly, it is a one way street. Calderon and the rest of Mexico's elite laugh at the U.S. the same way illegals do, just for different reasons. Illegals get to benefit off of our laxed system and live a better life than they ever had in Mexico. The poor leaving Mexico just widens the disparity gap between the elite and the dirt poor. The U.S. is a laughing stock to Mexico regardless of what end of the financial spectrum it's looked at. Obama, as well as most politicians, are simply tools that are leading to our demise as a nation.
Both parties suck on this issue unfortunately. The reps are beholden to the desire of big business to keep wages low and workers docile. The left is beholden to the hispanic lobby and the delusion that illegals will somehow vote for them.

Meanwhile the American public gets the bill. Mexico doesn't even benefit as their society becomes even more dysfunctional as citizens flee instead of demanding change.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:22 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,155,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The same holds true down in the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles. There was a time when all the truckers operating out of those ports used to belong to the teamsters union. Now, most of the truckers are independent illegal drivers. Thousands of them line up at the gates daily. They ignore the rules of the road because they have to make 2 to 3 trips with separate containers to cover their gas costs. I can't count how many times I came close to hitting them with my train because they did not want to stop for the crossing gates.
Exactly until we start imposing enormous fines and jail time on employers they will just continue to hire more illegals to replace those rounded up

Old 06-10-2011, 08:35 PM

884 posts, read 585,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
The citizen of the US have no strong interest in purusing the issue.

Just how it is. And without a large citizen push you are not going to see billions spent pursuing the issue.

So you can wring you hands or find some sort of a compromise to move the problem to something than can be handled by the existing resource or close to it.

If we don't it clearly will get worse again as soon as the economy picks up.

So you guys can go for a complete defeat or a limited victory.

Your choice.
May I ask where you got that information from? (the part bolded/red)
It would be interesting to see who the citizen is. What poll or interview(s)
stated such information. And when you use the word "citizen" are you refering to legal, illegal or both?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I see Iím not the only one who caught that. Why didnít they applaud when he mentioned Ellis Island or slave ships? I think we all know the answer.
Good, It wasn't just me that noticed.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:11 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
May I ask where you got that information from? (the part bolded/red)
It would be interesting to see who the citizen is. What poll or interview(s)
stated such information. And when you use the word "citizen" are you refering to legal, illegal or both?
You don't understand we have 10 million illegal aliens here?

What part of 10 million don't you understand?

You really think the US citizenry can't stop such things if they wish?

Or do you really think they did not notice?

I live in Las Vegas in Nevada. We have the highest percentage of illegals I know of in the US.

We don't notice. Maricopa County AZ is all upset. We have more illegals and don't get upset.

Are we the ones with the problem or is Maricopa?

It should never have happened. So go pee on Reagans tomb. But it did. So what now? And no they are not going to all go home because we are unhappy with them .

Old 06-10-2011, 09:15 PM

32,807 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:

I live in Las Vegas in Nevada. We have the highest percentage of illegals I know of in the US.

We don't notice. Maricopa County AZ is all upset. We have more illegals and don't get upset.

It should never have happened. So go pee on Reagans tomb. But it did. So what now? And no they are not going to all go home because we are unhappy with them .
Delusional party of one, your table is ready. Have you seen the threads where the illegals are bugging out State by State here we go. You are going to find it hard to get slave like labor real quick. That's gotta suck to not be able to exploit people and undercut the tax system.

Living in the shadows just got a whole lot harder on a massive scale. I for one am really enjoying hearing about the hardships of the illegal businesses. REALLY enjoying it.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:48 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Delusional party of one, your table is ready. Have you seen the threads where the illegals are bugging out State by State here we go. You are going to find it hard to get slave like labor real quick. That's gotta suck to not be able to exploit people and undercut the tax system.

Living in the shadows just got a whole lot harder on a massive scale. I for one am really enjoying hearing about the hardships of the illegal businesses. REALLY enjoying it.
We have lost a higher percentage than AZ. we have lost a higher percentage than virtually anywhere. We have done nothing other than have a lousey economy.

Your belief in the tooth fairy will fail reasonably quickly. Of course it is easy to get rid of the lilegals. Just crash the economy real hard.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:05 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Quote:
We have lost a higher percentage than AZ. we have lost a higher percentage than virtually anywhere. We have done nothing other than have a lousey economy.

Your belief in the tooth fairy will fail reasonably quickly. Of course it is easy to get rid of the lilegals. Just crash the economy real hard.
Illegals startd leaving with our sanctions law in 2007. I lived in the barrios and saw the Spanish speaking people leave. There English was bad or none. Chicanos speak English and many if us DONT speak Spanish.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
The reality is that the American public does not want low skilled illegals largely from Latin America. We don't want them here because they suck up public resources, divide our communities, show us no loyalty, refuse to learn our language and make endless demands on the American public. When we get pols who listen to us and get serious about telling them to get lost the illegals leave.

It really is that simple.

Most illegals aren't here to do anything but take jobs on the low end of the wage scale (because they have no qualifications that would give them access to any other jobs) and/or use our welfare system. When we make that difficult they leave voluntarily.

The idiotic notion that we should just let them do whatever they want -- grant them driver's licenses, pay the health care bills of Mexico's dumbest people, provide them with Spanish speaking interpreters because they are too lazy to learn English -- only serves to encourage yet more unnecessary and unwanted illegal immigration.

Other countries have borders. Other countries enforce their immigration laws. Even we've managed to periodically shut the door before. Why are we all of sudden helpless to do so now?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:58 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:

So now you speak for all Nevadans? I happen to know some and they are very upset with the illegals. Read your local newspaper when the topic is illegal aliens and you will get a true pulse of what Nevadans think rather than your claims that the majority of Nevandans don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration